Paypal postage - asking me to link funding source? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-23-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Paypal postage - asking me to link funding source?

Hi folks!

Well here is another new mess about, I started back up with Ebay / Paypal the other week. I've sold my first few items, received Paypal payments and printed out postage labels via Paypal, sent items, received good feedback - jobs a good 'un!

However today when I've gone to print out postage labels for 2 new items that have sold and the buyers have paid by Paypal, the Paypal page instead of letting me print out the postage label and taking the money from my Paypal balance is sending me to a new page that says I need to 'Link a funding source'...?? It then goes on to say the following:

" In order to send your package, you must have a positive PayPal account balance and a credit card. If you also link and confirm a bank account or credit card, you may be able to use additional funding options (such as Instant Transfer) to complete your label purchase.

Once you have completed the necessary actions, you will need to start over by selecting 'Print Postage Label' in your PayPal Account Overview for this transaction or by selecting the 'Print Postage Label' button on eBay for the item you sold."

Then it gives me the option to link a bank account or credit card. Now the thing is I have already linked my bank account to Paypal - I've even successfully made a withdrawal to the bank account. My Paypal account is still verified and they havent said there is any problem with my bank account. So why all of a sudden cant I pay for my Royal Mail postage via Paypal like I have been doing?

I really cant afford to pay the postage either out of my bank account or out of my pocket, I dont have spare amounts of cash like that at the moment - one of the 2 items I have to send is going to Malta and the postage with Royal Mail / Parcelforce is going to cost over £50!

Does anyone have any ideas as to whats going on?

many thanks

Johnny

Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

It seems that your payments are on hold (21 day hold) - pop on a cc, confirm it and use it to fund your shipping. You cant do much around this. Pretty standard policy.
Old 04-23-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

Its simple of what is going on, you dont have enough funds in the paypal account to cover the shipping charges.