Funding PayPal account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Funding PayPal account

I've tried searching the forums but can't seem to find a solid answer.
I'll try to word this correctly...

From what I understand, it's ok to create a Buyers account with eBay, even if the name/address information has been suspended on a Sellers account. As long as I only ever use it just for buying, it should be ok.

Question: How should I go about paying for the items I may win? I already have a working PayPal account under that information so could I use that?
I sell on various sites using that PayPal account so that's how I'd pay for the purchases.

If I must create a seperate PayPal account for my eBay Buyers account, should I use all the same name/address information? And how could I go about funding it because obviously using my legit bank account wouldn't work on Stealth PP
Could I possibly send the money to myself between 2 PayPal accounts? Or will that ring alarms?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to find out how I can pay for items and have them sent to an address I have access to, using information that has been suspended by eBay but not by PayPal. Well, not suspended by PayPal yet, anyway

Without having to go down the road of using a VCC...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Old 07-30-2011

I can only tell you it does work for me. I had an Ebay account suspended years ago with a Paypal linked to it. Now I dont use that Ebay account ever. I created another one shortly right after. Same address, almost same name, I got married.
I buy stuff with it with the old Paypal account all the time. It has been 2 years,I bought hundred of items.
I dont know if it is a recommended route but that is how it works for me.
Old 07-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the reply.

I currently have money in "Payment Holds" until the middle of the week. Once it's all been released, I'll withdraw some to my bank account and use the rest to take the risk of using it with my buyers account and just pray!

If it does go down, well, onto the next one!
Old 07-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It's a bad move. You're only taking advice on what suits you.
You should be avoiding at all costs to do anything like this.
You risk losing accounts.

Your method is going to LINK you and is therefore SILLY.
Old 07-31-2011

Longevity: 75%

Now come on EliseK - you've been here a month - you know you mustn't do that .
Old 07-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, I can create another PayPal account on the same cookies as my buyers account, the only problems I can see with it would be:

1. I'd need items sent to me, so I'd need to put the same address as my other Stealth PP. The other PP is a Premiere account & not registered as a business. I'd love to put my real address, even if I were to amend it a bit, but I can't risk it as my sisters still use it.

2. Funding the PayPal acount. If I can't use a bank account, can't send money to myself from one account to the other and can't use Entropay because of the problems it causes (I've read that PayPal are figuring out what people are doing so using a vcc is not a good idea.), how would I be able to pay for items I may win? Assuming the majority of them will only accept PayPal?

If I'm seeing problems where there are none, I'd be happy to know the way around them
Old 07-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the options are down to you, remember this is a stealth forum, so we advise stealthily - however;

a buying acc, is a quick little acc that doesnt need a bank, can be set up with just a card and you are away......I would set up a fresh one, and not link it to any paypal that has been soiled by an ebay suspension, make fresh eb and pp for buying, on fresh windows user....

obviously you need an accessible address, avoid a banned one - although for buying they dont really care, depends how recent banishment was too.....maybe a variation of an address will get package to you, remember it is the door number and postcode that is recognised by the bots, not the road.....

funding, well the ony issue is bank funding shows name of bank, again its a buyers acc, do they care, prolly not....you can try a vcc but that has charges, which is a shame...

a real card can be used if you keep same post code and just vary the address a little, however again remember the real name of card will show...

I think for a buying acc you can take a few risks, in the end all that will happen is you will lose it....however I think you will be fine, if you follow my advice and vary address, even use different name and do it completely fresh...I would however at all costs fund it using other selling paypals, that link may mess them up and thats alot worse....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 07-31-2011 at 05:08 AM.