Ebay or paypal address to send to - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Ebay or paypal address to send to

Hi all couple of questions here.

1. If item has sold and the buyer has a ebay postal address different to a paypal postal address. which address is best to send to, which would give me more seller protection or are they both protected?

2. If buyer wants his item bought shippped to another address diferent to his paypal or ebay address i am right in thinking all seller protection is out of the window? so could the buyer change his papypal to his desired address this may make address on paypal "unconfirmed" instead of "confirmed" how does this leave me with seller protection?

many thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to learningtogetby For This Useful Post:
AuctionsDenied (07-18-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Always ship to the CONFIRMED paypal address.

Be careful of variations. Be careful of buyers trying other addresses.

If it is international, avoid completely.

Cover yourself with full tracking, signature on delivery and full insurance.

Make that a strict trading rule.

Old 07-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Hi green bean thanks for lighting quick reply.

Are you aware of the answer to qquestion 1 ie which address be best to send to ebay or the paypal one?

If for instance an address is UNCONFIRMED how do you go about canceling a sale? as the buyer will most prob negative feedback and kick up a right stink.?

I always send everything recoreded signed for even small low cost items to protect feedback and cases against me.

cheers
Old 07-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would always use the PayPal confirmed address. If a buyer asks you to ship to an unconfirmed address, I would send an email through eBay explaining that I can ONLY ship to a PayPal confirmed address. Of course, be NICE about it, but be firm.

It is very easy to add addresses to PayPal if you will be shipping often. So when someone says the item is for their daughter/mother/friend or whatever and they cannot add their address, that is NONSENSE!
Old 07-13-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I would always use the PayPal confirmed address. If a buyer asks you to ship to an unconfirmed address, I would send an email through eBay explaining that I can ONLY ship to a PayPal confirmed address. Of course, be NICE about it, but be firm.

It is very easy to add addresses to PayPal if you will be shipping often. So when someone says the item is for their daughter/mother/friend or whatever and they cannot add their address, that is NONSENSE!
Curious why confirmed only? What policy makes you want or need that requirement?
Old 07-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshan View Post
Curious why confirmed only? What policy makes you want or need that requirement?
Paypal policy for seller coverage
Old 07-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Paypal policy for seller coverage

Please clarify. I have never seen that policy? If possible can you give me reference link or tell me where I can find that policy please?
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

WARNING: PAYPAL LINK!

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...protection-faq

What if the buyer asks me to ship to an address other than the Shipping Address on the Transaction Details page?

If you ship to a different address, you will not be eligible for coverage. If the buyer wants you to ship to a different address, we recommend that you ask the buyer to resubmit the payment with the new shipping address.
__________________________________________________ _____

Its just an added layer of security for sellers in case of foul play.

Too easy for someone to just say that they did not get the item and your at risk of losing a case.

Having it confirmed stops a lot of headaches.

Last edited by BigCJ; 07-18-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post

WARNING: PAYPAL LINK!

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...protection-faq

What if the buyer asks me to ship to an address other than the Shipping Address on the Transaction Details page?

If you ship to a different address, you will not be eligible for coverage. If the buyer wants you to ship to a different address, we recommend that you ask the buyer to resubmit the payment with the new shipping address.
__________________________________________________ _____

Its just an added layer of security for sellers in case of foul play.

Too easy for someone to just say that they did not get the item and your at risk of losing a case.

Having it confirmed stops a lot of headaches.
But where does it say it has to be confirmed?
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Is coverage only available when I ship to a confirmed address?
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details page, and the transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible.

Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is unconfirmed.

Items sold on websites other than eBay will generally be marked eligible if the shipping address is confirmed, and partially eligible if the shipping address is unconfirmed.

If an item is marked eligible, protection will be granted for both unauthorized payment and item not received disputes, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met.

If an item is marked partially eligible, protection will be granted for item not received disputes only, provided all other eligibility requirements are met.

Read the PayPal User Agreement for our complete terms of coverage.

(from the Paypal site)
Old 07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Is coverage only available when I ship to a confirmed address?
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details page, and the transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible.

Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is unconfirmed.

Items sold on websites other than eBay will generally be marked eligible if the shipping address is confirmed, and partially eligible if the shipping address is unconfirmed.

If an item is marked eligible, protection will be granted for both unauthorized payment and item not received disputes, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met.

If an item is marked partially eligible, protection will be granted for item not received disputes only, provided all other eligibility requirements are met.

Read the PayPal User Agreement for our complete terms of coverage.

(from the Paypal site)
Yes exactly so why does everyoñe on here all day say only ship to confirmed address. I personally have never won a nad dispute always ship back refund always so confirmed address does not mean anything to me or i am assuming 99 percent of people on here.
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

A Nad, (Not as described) case is different than an item not received case.

NAD = they got the item. We are not talking about that type of case.

The rules change based on the TYPE of case opened. You will not win the case if the person has it and does not like the item.

This is why members here are so amendment about confirmed address. You have to look at the rule how its read and make your own conclusion. Paypal does not even follow their own rules a lot of time, but you have to be proactive to protect your profits.

Shipping to confirmed address rules out that type of case that a buyer can open against you, unless they do a chargeback.

When they do, if you shipped to a confirmed address and you have done everything by ebay/pps rules after that, you force paypal to eat that loss.

Last edited by BigCJ; 07-18-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmixers View Post
A Nad, (Not as described) case is different than an item not received case.

NAD = they got the item. We are not talking about that type of case.

The rules change based on the TYPE of case opened. You will not win the case if the person has it and does not like the item.

This is why members here are so amendment about confirmed address. You have to look at the rule how its read and make your own conclusion. Paypal does not even follow their own rules a lot of time, but you have to be proactive to protect your profits.

Shipping to confirmed address rules out that type of case that a buyer can open against you, unless they do a chargeback.

When they do, if you shipped to a confirmed address and you have done everything by ebay/pps rules after that, you force paypal to eat that loss.
That is the same whether the address is confirmed or not. Confirmed address ONLY provides more protection for NAD cases but there is no reason to require a confirmed address that is a wive's tale that way too many sellers live by and is not necessary especially if it is an ebay transaction it 100 percent does not matter on ebay transactions.
Old 07-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

it is not the same and thats what I have been saying. To offer MORE protection. Cross your Ts and dot your I's. With ebay and paypal, NOTHING is guaranteed and it is NOT a wives tale, but you stand a BETTER chance, when the address is CONFIRMED.

Again: NOTHING is set in stone with eb/pp but as per MANY sellers here, on ebay and paypal, they ship to CONFIRMED addresses for a reason.

Just because YOU PERSONALLY have never won a case on this topic, does not mean that it is not true.

I have not only won cases, but have had friends, other sellers and family who have as well.