IP address issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-25-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default IP address issues

Hi all, would there be an issue with ebay if my ip address was in Spain and i was listing via my ebay uk account? My sister would be posting my items from the UK itself but id be listing at my parents house in Spain.

Is this likely to cause an issue with ebays security?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Should be ok

My items are listed in India and I log in from ireland so you should be fine

Noel
Old 07-25-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks,
Is a uk account your using
Old 09-10-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default ..

my account has been suspended before and I think this was the reason as it was fine up till then so id be careful seems ebay do whatever they feel
Old 09-11-2008

Longevity: 93%

Noel, your issue is different as you are registered and residing in Ireland, you can list on any ebay site worldwide without issue.

Slipster, if your account is registered in the UK and your listings state that your item(s) are in the UK, and your ip is showing that you are in Spain, then yes that could become an issue, my advice would be to teach your sister to list if she doesn't know already.

Remember when dealing with an unscrupolous company like ebay, I always advise to avoid any unneccessary attention by flying under the radar.
Old 09-12-2008

i got 1 i didnt know where to put this but thought it may be relevant here
I am currently abroad and Iv put items on my uk account before advertised in uk items in uk etc and they were shipped from uk and everything was fine but my account recently got taken down for an unrelated reaosn to this something to do with breach of user agreement which I still dont know what i did wrong
I then cleared cookies and got new ip and signed into a friends uk account from abroad also and listed 1 item not expensive and within a few hours they closed that account saying that they think it had been hacked and they requested for change of password and back up things were fine
I really dont get how these 2 scenarios can trigger different responses from ebay?? I know they picked up on the ip but surely On my previous acount I was listing more items and things were fine surely my account straight away should of got the message about being hacked and froze until I changed password
Old 09-16-2008

Longevity: 93%

gooner, first thing you're post is almost impossible to follow but from what I have managed to understand, the moment you logged into your friends account, that account got linked to your suspended account, even if you clear cookies and change ip, ebay can still track you via flash objects.

The other reason would be, even though you changed your ip, it would still have been a foreign ip, so assuming your friend always logs into his account from the UK, it would raise serious concerns if someone logged into his account from a foreign ip address, and thus ebay would assume that his account had been hacked.
Old 09-24-2008

What trouble for a London IP or a Spain IP when the address is in Gibraltar?
There are relative nearby.
Old 09-28-2008

digitaliz this is wrong becuase i had signed on for the first time on a different computer from the same location on ym account so ip would have been different along with cookies etc and this never got taken down