Newbie just saying Hello... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-04-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Newbie just saying Hello...

Hi all,

I'd just like to say hello to all of you first before I start lurking around for informative information from this forum. Bought the ebaystealth book earlier today and will be reading it soon so that I will not get suspended again.

I guess I'm just one of many forum member who joined eBay in the early 2000s and for years of buying and selling (not for a living) nothing really happened, then suddenly one day all of your selling rights came to an end with some silly code which I cannot remember. You panic for a while and on the following morning you waking up with the idea of setting up another account in a household member's name and also using their bank details to get started buying and selling. Again, the same thing happens, get a code and suspension is indefinite. So this forces you to use the second household member's name and bank details (they are very close relatives who will never use the internet). Yes, again I got this MC011 code stating a restriction is in place until I send in all the details they requested. A couple of hours later I got several replies from them stating I'm banned, second email says it's been reviewed and I can start selling again, third email to say my monthly limit has been restricted!
At this stage I wished that I could blow up eBay HQ to teach them a lesson but that's just not going to happen. ( I bet many had the same feeling? ) I'm not a nasty person but it is so annoying, especially having just bought a new stock in to sell.

Anyway, I'm left with surplus stock and cannot shift. What can I do? Gumtree? eBid? Craigslist? Plus many others I've searched on Google. Just no good. And deep down one knows that eBay has the biggest footfall to make money and the others are just miles behind. During my searches on Google for alternative auction sites the words ebaystealth and aspkin were always appearing, so curiosity got the better of me and eventually it lead me to buy the guide and join this forum, which was this afternoon UK time!

Hopefully, after studying the stealth guide and this forum it will help me get back on track selling and understand the eBay system better than I did before. Now thinking back I do feel stupid sending them this and that of what they asked so that I can verify who I am etc. Really shot myself in the foot!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Newbie just saying Hello...

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-04-2014

Longevity: 67%

Welcome to the forums! Good luck!
Old 01-04-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

Welcome...

like you i also joined many moons ago. Great record as a casual buyer and hobbyest seller over the years. Just when I thought I would start selling for a living on eBay did I get nabbed.

They really could put out information, because there are many people who are not nasty, just green and a bit naiive and don't even know all the limitations and rules etc... and find out when its too late.

Pushing people into stealth accounts only perpetuates and accentuates a vicious cycle. Its a blunt instrument they wield.

My first week here too, and just figuring it all out, the day after the day before.
Old 01-05-2014

Longevity: 73%

welcome you will find a wealth of information on here to help you on your quest battling the ebay and paypal realm
Old 01-05-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Send a message via Skype™ to rama

Welcome to the forum & best of luck in your stealth journey