ups access point review - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default ups access point review

ups access point seems really cheap.

customer has to pick up from the shop

does anyone use them?

would buyer know where parcel has landed?

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-09-2014 at 06:35 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2014

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: ups access point review

press the i button and you get this:

Special Offer – limited to 10 parcels per customer

The UPS Shop to Shop service allows you to drop your parcel in to one of their many outlets. When the parcel has been collected by UPS from your local shop, delivery will be made within 1 working day to the recipient’s pre-selected local UPS shop for them to collect. If your parcel is dropped off at your local Access Point before 12 noon it will have a greater chance of next day delivery.

And if that was when to pick up then it says
Fully trackable service
Old 06-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Are you selling to a type of buyer that would have the IQ to go to a "depot"to collect a parcel????

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-09-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2014

It is not a depot, it is normally a corner store. I think there are two in walking distance from my home that do it.

But what most people do is offer it as an option along side home delivery.

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-09-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
It is not a depot, it is normally a corner store. I think there are two in walking distance from my home that do it.

But what most people do is offer it as an option along side home delivery.
I think your right seems a bit complicated for eBay buyers as most cant change a plug lol
Old 06-09-2014
Threadstarter  

so is it a good idea or a bad one?
Old 06-15-2014

Longevity: 79%

I have been using this service as an option on a few of my accounts for the past few months. So thought I would give my 2 pence worth.

Its a cheap service, run by ups through parcel2go. Where you can send up to a kg for 90p and is fully trackable, but by god does it have problems.

Firstly you have to get a mobile number off the buyer, sometimes they don't leave it on the checkout or instead they leave a landline number. So I have to message buyers after they have completed their payment and ask for a mobile. A lot give me this but there is always a few who never respond. When your completing the order on the parcel2go website it doesn't let it go through with the order unless you input a mobile number, and it recognises when its a landline.

You then choose which depo the parcel is going to be delivered, which then creates another problem as this service is only available to mainland uk. So when I get buyers from the islands etc who have paid before I have a chance to invoice, I have to then start messaging for further payment to be sent by royal mail.

When the parcel reaches the depo, parcel2go are then suppose to send a text to the buyer to say where to collect the parcel from. They probably send this text 50% of the time.

Which means the other 50% then open cases for item not received, I have to then message buyers to pass on all the details of tracking and where to pick up from. and those buyers opening cases even when resolved is not good for the upcoming changes to the dashboard in august.

I have contacted parcel2go loads of times on chat as they have no phone number to ask why buyers are not always sent the texts but you get passed from pillar to post with them over the chat, and you can easily waste an hour with them. If a buyer doesn't pick the parcel up in time its sent back to parcel2go head office, you then have to chase to get the parcel back.

It takes me all day to pack 40 of these. I am thinking of coming away altogether and using hermes for heavier items.

So all in all would I recommend...Hell no!

If you do decide to use this service though, then make sure its clearly written in description as well, so that buyers fully understand that they are to pickup.
The Following User Says Thank You to brad For This Useful Post:
isitworththestress (06-16-2014)
Old 06-21-2014
Threadstarter  

sounds like a nightmare delivery service
Old 06-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I have been using this service as an option on a few of my accounts for the past few months. So thought I would give my 2 pence worth.

Its a cheap service, run by ups through parcel2go. Where you can send up to a kg for 90p and is fully trackable, but by god does it have problems.

Firstly you have to get a mobile number off the buyer, sometimes they don't leave it on the checkout or instead they leave a landline number. So I have to message buyers after they have completed their payment and ask for a mobile. A lot give me this but there is always a few who never respond. When your completing the order on the parcel2go website it doesn't let it go through with the order unless you input a mobile number, and it recognises when its a landline.

You then choose which depo the parcel is going to be delivered, which then creates another problem as this service is only available to mainland uk. So when I get buyers from the islands etc who have paid before I have a chance to invoice, I have to then start messaging for further payment to be sent by royal mail.

When the parcel reaches the depo, parcel2go are then suppose to send a text to the buyer to say where to collect the parcel from. They probably send this text 50% of the time.

Which means the other 50% then open cases for item not received, I have to then message buyers to pass on all the details of tracking and where to pick up from. and those buyers opening cases even when resolved is not good for the upcoming changes to the dashboard in august.

I have contacted parcel2go loads of times on chat as they have no phone number to ask why buyers are not always sent the texts but you get passed from pillar to post with them over the chat, and you can easily waste an hour with them. If a buyer doesn't pick the parcel up in time its sent back to parcel2go head office, you then have to chase to get the parcel back.

It takes me all day to pack 40 of these. I am thinking of coming away altogether and using hermes for heavier items.

So all in all would I recommend...Hell no!

If you do decide to use this service though, then make sure its clearly written in description as well, so that buyers fully understand that they are to pickup.
What is the tracking like, as bad as the rest of the service?
Old 06-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
What is the tracking like, as bad as the rest of the service?
parcel2go in the mix?

Fatal

Old 06-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Im sticking with myhermes seems okay up till now fingers crossed