Category Limits 90 days - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Category Limits 90 days

I have searched for an answer to this and only found extremely old threads where the answer wasn't relevant to me and wasn't in the same country or answers which confused this question with account limits.

It's been over 90 days since my first sale on a stealth account and have over 150 sales, no bad feedback and all DSR's etc are high enough to be projected Top-Rated Seller.

My first question is how have people found the category limits on their accounts? Have these gone away dead on 90 days or has it varied, what are your experiences here. I have slowly been raised from 25 to 300 selling limit per month, which is great.. if only I can sell in the correct category.

I still have a limit of 5 items in my preferred category, and was hoping this would go away, if not at least increase after 90 days had passed. It says on the eBay website that these limits should automatically go away, however they haven't, yet.

The second question is all of my DSR's and everything else point towards Top-Rated Seller and my account is now a business account (for around a week now), however it says my projected status is Above Standard. I can only make this out to be, that even though I should have got Top-Rated Seller and Powerlevel status this previous 20th of June evaluation - I didn't because my account hasn't got the required Powerlevel badge to be a Top-Rated Seller. I have all the requirements to be a Powerlevel seller (and I am on my other account which is in my real details).

Does my Paypal account make any difference? It's a personal account, and hasn't yet had the 1900 limit removed(I know I should have done this straight away, but this was my first attempt at stealth and didn't expect it to go so well in terms of account limits, so I didn't want to pay extra to get the limits removed. Lesson learnt.)

My main concern is the category limits, as the items I can list, sell extremely fast compared to the "kind of relevant category" i'm selling in now. More views, more sales. From past experiences Top-Rated Seller has given my listings such an increase in best match and my sales increased significantly.

I can post my sellers dashboard if you think it's easier to understand, let me know and thank you for any replys, sorry it's a long post, but I want to include as much details as possible.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2014

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Category Limits 90 days

I found out about my category limit when i first tried to list more than 1 item in that category. I didn't go away for several months. After the first month of the first sale I got bumped up to 2 a month in that category. The next month i got bumped up to 3 a month in that category. On the month after the last, I got bumped to 5 and so on. So it gradually goes up each every month for a few months then the restriction is lifted completely. Just be patient and make sure you max out the category limit as it becomes available until you reach a comfortable level or becomes unlimited.

Just give ebay time to send you the email that you have reach the TRS requirements. I believe its automated.

Does your paypal account makes any difference in regards to what? Category limits? TRS?
Category limits, I dont think so since I get these same restrictions on business accounts.
TRS, I don't think so either since after I reached the requirements it seems like they skipped a month on some of my accounts but i usually get end up getting the email eventually.
Old 06-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Okay, thank you for your reply. The thing I was a little worried about is when I created the account with 10/25 Limit it had 5 limit on the category, now over 3 months from my first sale and my account limits going up to 300 I can still only sell 5 per month in this preferred category.
Old 06-22-2014
Threadstarter  

Update: Contacted eBay on their Live Chat and after explaining that I meet all the requirements, they checked my account and lifted the limits.