Maximum selling limits + how long before its raised? + how long do PP keep you banned - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Maximum selling limits + how long before its raised? + how long do PP keep you banned

What is a maximum sales amount without declaring yourself a business if you play your cards right? I opened an account last year and within 3 months i had £3500 limit

Opened another account with different details. It got raised to £750 and after 6 months it was still only £750 i complained, tried to make a business account didn't have the details, requested a personal, ebay told me make a new account. Did that the banned both these accounts the same day. No explanation given.

I got banned from my own account over 5 years ago. I've just used my real details and all seems to be running well. Just going to take my time, i could still be banned yet.

What is the maximum sales limit for private sellers?

What is the quickest way to get your limits up quickly?

Does the automated verification vs documents make a difference to limits?

How long do ebay/pp blacklist for?

How long should i wait for docs to be checked before being worried something went wrong? I sent them in on Wednesday .. still limits :(

One last question, why are ebay such pricks? i've never had such bad customer service and i've been to some real ****ty bars

Last edited by salescheaper; 06-29-2014 at 09:17 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2014

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Maximum selling limits + how long before its raised? + how long do PP keep you ba

The limits are generally random and generally make no sense just keep constantly selling with no refunds etc.

I sold 5 things in quick succesion once and had the 750 limit came back 6 months later and I had it raised to 3500 too without the account being used.

Last edited by aspkin; 06-30-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Maximum selling limits + how long before its raised? + how long do PP keep you ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by salescheaper View Post
What is a maximum sales amount without declaring yourself a business if you play your cards right? I opened an account last year and within 3 months i had £3500 limit
differs for all sellers. Comes down to the whims of ebay on any given day.

Quote:
Opened another account with different details. It got raised to £750 and after 6 months it was still only £750 i complained, tried to make a business account didn't have the details, requested a personal, ebay told me make a new account. Did that the banned both these accounts the same day. No explanation given.
Complaints annoy ebay. Those likely contributed to your demise. NEVER trust ebay even if you get something in writing. Probable the 1st account was flagged... domino effect then.

Quote:
I got banned from my own account over 5 years ago. I've just used my real details and all seems to be running well. Just going to take my time, i could still be banned yet.
Nice. No further comment. Dont want to jinx you...

Quote:
What is the maximum sales limit for private sellers?
See my 1st response.

Quote:
What is the quickest way to get your limits up quickly?
Sell to your full limits, offer great service, dont sell to dingbats. AND be patient.

Quote:
Does the automated verification vs documents make a difference to limits?
Nope.

Quote:
How long do ebay/pp blacklist for?
For as long as they want

Quote:
How long should i wait for docs to be checked before being worried something went wrong? I sent them in on Wednesday .. still limits :(
They were running up to one month last week. Pratise patience Learn stealth and beat ebay.

Quote:
One last question, why are ebay such pricks? i've never had such bad customer service and i've been to some real ****ty bars
Ask yourself why are you so impatient? Because you want to be impatient. ebay play the same game.

What you DO is learn to play it better than them.

Each account is different in the eyes of ebay/paypal. What makes me howl with laughter is the fact I can make two accounts with standard info.... ebay treats them differently.

Forget sweating over this. Learn to beat them

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-30-2014)
Old 06-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answers guys. I suppose i know what I'm doing, i knew the answers before i asked them, i just want a little cuddle and an arm around my shoulder for reassurance. We all need that from time to time guys.

But yes as pointed out, my impatience is the fall of me. I'll take my new accounts slowly. lol
Old 06-30-2014

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 85%

I will give you a cuddle.

where do you live?
Old 06-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash213 View Post
I will give you a cuddle.

where do you live?
Just on the fringes of ebay. But we can meet up in the park for cuddles.

Well guys just bit the bullet and listed some used items. Guess what, i've got 100 items £3500 per month. Fully my name, paypal auto verified me.

I'll list some on the other account tomorrow and see what limit that gives me, stealth. I'm not expecting such good limits. We shall see
Old 09-25-2014

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

what was the duration of time between first account suspended and second account opened?

Same thing happened to me, so im curious to see if despite ebay saying they ban indefinitely, maybe they forgive after some time...
Old 09-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Same thing happened to me, so im curious to see if despite ebay saying they ban indefinitely, maybe they forgive after some time...
Yes totally agree with PLAY..
i was banned about 2 years ago but have been running a new legit account for the last six months..CHEERS..