Fraudster claims 'item not as described' using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ pics - advice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-10-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Fraudster claims 'item not as described' using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ pics - advice?

Fuming right now.

Sold an item to an ebayer. It was used footwear and I listed their condition accurately and took 10 photos of them in lots of positions. Buyer got the item.

Before I know it he opens up a case against me claiming item not as described. Immediately I reply to the case that the item was sent exactly as pictured and refuse a refund.

He doesn't reply to the case for 30 DAYS and literally just before midnight on the last day he posts in his 'defence' an ENTIRELY different item I've never seen before (shoes of different make, model, colour and condition) and says I sent them and immediately escalates the case so I can't even respond further. Ebay say decision in buyers favour and to return item to me!

Live chat were useless, saying I could take photos of item returned and post them up if they were different. I told them the item already was different just by looking at pictures, then asked them to provide transparency on how they might decide in my favour. They churned out the same tripe which I obviously knew which was that I'd get a refund if they decided in my favour but wouldn't tell me how they might actually arrive at that decision. Then they closed the chat on me!

Honestly don't know what to do...this is bare faced fraud. In reported the gurnard blocked him now. Any one have advice on how to manage things on my end to get my money?

I've lost faith in ebay. This comes not long after a buyer who demanded first class post (I was already offering recorded and told her that if item lost I wouldn't be held responsible and she agreed) claimed an item not received and essentially stole my money when ebay sided with her. This was DESPITE written evidence on her part in ebay messages to accept responsibility for a lost item and me producing proof of post.

Sorry for the long vent/query. This last year has been the WORST I've had on ebay ever!

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-10-2014 at 12:00 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2014

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Fraudster claims 'item not as described' using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ pics - advice?

Afraid it is just part of doing business on ebay but try the buyer complaint button and see what happens, as with ebay like most large companies, each departments looks at things differently.

As to your loss, how much is the real loss, as I know you will be thinking about the payment as loss but a payment on ebay is just a fantasy figure, the real loss is what you paid for the items you had stolen and the cost of postage of each. Not a lot of help but it takes away the sting a bit.
Old 09-10-2014

Longevity: 75%

Take it on the chin and move on as quick as possible it happens to the best
Old 09-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 55%

This person had made extremely indecent requests to me after I sent the item to them. When these were flatly refused the case was opened. This case went from undue harassment to fraud. I think it's important to note this because the whole ordeal has made me feel utterly violated - doubly by him and now by ebay.

So is there no way I can win this case? Do sellers ever win cases with item not described (when it is)? Just seems so unfair that we have to prove everything but the buyer can do anything and not get penalised. I can't even leave him negative feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Afraid it is just part of doing business on ebay but try the buyer complaint button and see what happens, as with ebay like most large companies, each departments looks at things differently.

As to your loss, how much is the real loss, as I know you will be thinking about the payment as loss but a payment on ebay is just a fantasy figure, the real loss is what you paid for the items you had stolen and the cost of postage of each. Not a lot of help but it takes away the sting a bit.
The shoes cost me over £40 plus had to pay about £3 in post. I know it's not a lot for some, but I've had to relocate and deal with a lot of expenses. The money would have been useful. Add that to the £70 the other lady stole from me in a recent transaction and it all adds up.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-11-2014 at 05:10 AM. Reason: merged
Old 09-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Alarm, alarm, someone hijacked stevebills' account.

Old 09-11-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

sorry wrong post

Last edited by ilcarletto; 09-11-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

sorry to hear this, if it is any consolation, I had an INR fraud for ALOT more in the past...and it had signature confirmation, so go figure (I made paypal pay for that one though).....

have you received the shoes back yet? if not, you could call their bluff and say not received back, if no tracking used, you have nothing to lose at this stage....at least it will give buyer the runaround....

it is actually quite a clever ruse, as it leaves you nowhere to go in a case if they upload pics of different item, but it can only be done so many times before ebay catch on.... you can leave them feedback in capitals stating what they have done, do not mention fraud or cuss or it will get removed, but say 'buyer returned a completely different item in order to get a refund via ebay case' you might get retaliatory neg feedback for it though....

...you also have their name and address right, maybe even phone number, so if it makes you feel better...well you know...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-11-2014 at 02:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
nodeal (09-11-2014)
Old 09-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
...you also have their name and address right, maybe even phone number, so if it makes you feel better...well you know...
once in a rare while, someone is deserving of these tactics.
Old 09-11-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
This person had made extremely indecent requests to me after I sent the item to them. When these were flatly refused the case was opened. This case went from undue harassment to fraud. I think it's important to note this because the whole ordeal has made me feel utterly violated - doubly by him and now by ebay.

So is there no way I can win this case? Do sellers ever win cases with item not described (when it is)? Just seems so unfair that we have to prove everything but the buyer can do anything and not get penalised. I can't even leave him negative feedback!

The shoes cost me over £40 plus had to pay about £3 in post. I know it's not a lot for some, but I've had to relocate and deal with a lot of expenses. The money would have been useful. Add that to the £70 the other lady stole from me in a recent transaction and it all adds up.
I've been selling on ebay since about 2000 and have had to deal with just about every scam going and they keep on going and growing in stupidity as ebay try to interfere in things they know nothing about. And the money loss always hits you when you least need it, as if they know what you are going through. They don't but it feels like that at the time.

Just wait until you get the it is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and I am not sending it back to you because it is illegal to do so and then ebay give them their refund and they get to keep the item also.

But sorry to be the bearer of bad news but is this your only account as they have left you with a bigger problem than the loss of the money.

You now have two marks on your account, that you will see if you check your seller dashboard. Your account can only take so many of these and it is dependent on how many items you sell on how many you can get before ebay take action against your account.

I think they call it your defect rate now, or some other stupid name.

If you do not sell a lot and this is your only account then i would consider opening more accounts.
Old 09-11-2014

Longevity: 75%

open 2 more stealth's and move on its a pair of used trainers and be grateful its not a new iPhone 5 or 6
and don't fester on this I have been there and wore the tee shirt