Mobile phone question, opening Stealth PP emails - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Mobile phone question, opening Stealth PP emails

ok, so my Mobile ive had for a good while

it was used for my old Banned 'real' account using the ebay app, and still is today as I still buy stuff with it..

since ive been doing stealth, ive always linked the stealth email address's to this same phone for convenience. obviously ive never logged in to any stealth on my mobile, I only use the PC for those

I NEVER have wifi connected on the phone, and I do reboot it almost daily just to change its IP

but my ebay/paypal emails do come through to my phone for stealth sales..
occasionally I will open the Paypal email to get the delivery address.

the paypal Tracking Logos/pics are ALL Hidden and the usual blue link 'click to show pictures' is there and i know very well to never click on it..

done tonnes of reading on here and seems to be fact that as long as you NEVER allow the Pictures/logos in the emails to be shown then Absolutley nothing is transmitted to ebay/paypal from opening the email to read delivery address etc

anyone differ in opinion on this?

is it Totally safe to carry on doing this, or would it be best to only get the paypal delivery address from the PC when logged into the stealths on different windows users etc

thx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Mobile phone question, opening Stealth PP emails

I always keep my stealth accounts isolated on their own computers to lessen the chances of accidentally clicking on an email.

But yes, for eBay to see where the email was opened would require loading an image file. That file might be as small as 1 pixel, but it would still need to be an image file.

The way it works is, they send a unique image in each email. It will probably be named something like aeganlkfnhgalfghalknblknhuogtu6584564nhgo8ry8.jpg and when you retrieve the image, they see the IP address the image was retrieved from. It is called a "beacon". This is an oversimplification, but you get the idea.

Last edited by jeffweico; 12-21-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I always keep my stealth accounts isolated on their own computers to lessen the chances of accidentally clicking on an email.

But yes, for eBay to see where the email was opened would require loading an image file. That file might be as small as 1 pixel, but it would still need to be an image file.

The way it works is, they send a unique image in each email. It will probably be named something like aeganlkfnhgalfghalknblknhuogtu6584564nhgo8ry8.jpg and when you retrieve the image, they see the IP address the image was retrieved from. It is called a "beacon". This is an oversimplification, but you get the idea.

thx, yes I know about the beacons, just wanted to make doubly sure

I have the "click to open images" blue link then some tiny thumbnail images that are blocked and have a ? icon on them

so theres no way they could ever know the 'device info' as in my phone from me opening the email as long all the images etc are hidden?
Old 01-04-2015

Longevity: 61%

Good question. I'm also wondering whether, if you do accidentally open the message and somehow accidentally click "Show Images," is anything other than the i.p. address transmitted? For Amazon too. Such as the "User Account" you logged in with, or the unique "browser fingerprint."

In other words, for opening email messages,
do I only need only to concern myself with the i.p. address
and not concern myself with changing User Accounts.