paypal photo id uk+ telephone veryfication - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default paypal photo id uk+ telephone veryfication

Hi all,
would like to start off by thanking everyone for all the usefull information on this forum. It has educated me alot and will be adding as much to it as i can. So a big thank you to aspkin, your ebook is great but there are a few things that r a little unclear to me. I have been reading this forum for about a week now. So i will get right down to business.
Firstly i have been suspnded from ebay because they think my business is of high risk. Paypal are holding £2k off mine. I can only say its my own fault as i had a paypal account about 3 years ago which also got suspnded and like a idiot i went and opend a new paypal account recently with my original details but new bank account. Lesson learnt.....during the limitation process paypal asked me to send over photo id( driving licence, passport of id card) they also asked for a bank statement showing the current address.

(edit)

question 2 was just before i open a new paypal account i was reading about the verification process by phone. I am on the understanding that forwarding voip numbers dont work because they dont let you use the touch tone which is required by paypal. This area is still a little grey for me and would appreciate if someone has found a way of getting paypal veryfied by phone and if they can enlighten me. I dont really have anyone i can rely on as to give there telephone number or address for the veryfication. My telephone has already been used.

I am still in the process of trying to figure out how to change my ip address without going on to dial up. I am using o2 broadband through a bt line. What i have learnt so far by myself is that you can call o2 and get a Static IP on a pro-rata bases and it costs like £5 a month. So get a Static IP for 1 day then cancel it, thats like 16p a day. I have only done this once so am not sure to what they will say if i keep doing this. Plus there is alot of hassel to keep calling them. If anyone has experianced getting new ip address from o2 broadband then it would be great if you can pm me or even share it with us all. O2 have the modem and router together. Before getting the Static IP i did turn of my router for 12 hours and when i checked it, it had the same ip. Think this has something to do with the lease time of the ip.

One last question, and am very sorry for this. I understand that once auctiva is linked to your ebay account then there isnt any need of logging onto your ebay account unless you want to ansewer th questions, browse or check other details which can only be done on ebay. So with that in mind if i was to have 2 internet connections, one being broadband and the other dialup. I would be able to use dialup when i log into ebay and paypal and listing on auctiva would be ok through broadband. Bit of a long winded question i know.

Anyway thanks alot and sorry about spellings
am trying to get a new account sorted out and dont want to mess up.

Last edited by GREMLIN; 11-14-2008 at 08:08 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ok, hi

youve been unlucky with the paypal account, given the suspension was 3 yrs ago, if youd used almost same address details, just slightly altered you might have been ok, especially as you used a new bank account. That is if there are no other links.

Landline verification is a grey area for all uk sellers on this forum, the choices are, a friends tel nearby (ive been told it has to be nearby, but I have a working account that has address and number 50 miles away, then again it might get flagged at some point), get another bt line - expensive, use a virtual number, cost aprox £40-60 for a year, free trials dont work, they dont respond to you, but with vn there is possibility that you will get a recycled one from suspended user though, another is phonebox and iphone method, but again if you get same phonebox as suspended user- see forum posts to explain how to do it.

a static line means you can only have one account and cant mess it up, because you cant set up a new account afterwards on it. it depends what you are selling or if you abuse ebays rules somehow as to whether you should just rely on one account, dialup gives you a new ip each time you open and close pc and personally i think it is well worth having. you can create multiple accounts too. auctiva means you dont have to log in to ebay very often, you can even leave feedback through it, what you say about having dialup and static for ebay and auctiva doesnt make sense, it is best to have dial up for everything and forget static line and then use auctiva.

Although you have brought up a valid tactic about getting Static IP for one day and cancelling it- its an option, especially for users who cant or dont want dialup.

I suggest you read up before you do, and if you buy the ebook you may learn something youve missed. Good luck

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-15-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%
Thumbs up

Hi oompalaoompa
Thats great stuff thank you very much. Ive read about the landline verification for the uk and think im gonna give the payphone a try. I have a nokia n95 and read somewhere on here that the tones will get recognized as its loud when put on speakerphone. Just a quick question, if it doesnt work the first time round then will i get given another chance?

Also about the ip, what i was trying to say was because dialup is slow it will take me ages to get things done, so if i connected to a dial up when i wanted to log into ebay and paypal alone and then used my broadband connection for listing on auctiva and surfing the net, then would that be ok?
As im on the understanding that once a auctiva token has been created with your ebay account you can list in auctiva all the time and ebay wont know which ip its from, right?

I have already read the ebay stealth guide and its great just needed some clarification. At the momant i think its gonna be most difficult to get this phone verification sorted. Am in the process of getting new bank accounts so in the meantime am just trying to get everything togther by reading this forum.

thank you