Account created, what next? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Account created, what next?

So i have set up my new stealth account using a VCC and also an account. Got the account verified via a SIM card i have brought and have both paypal and ebay running alongside each other ( same account names and address's etc )

I think now is the hard part, trying to keep these accounts open and not getting requested to provide ID etc.

Any tips? I have made a new user account on my PC and have recently , 3 weeks ago, changed my broadband provider. I am using mozzilla firefox with a security plug in that removes the flash cookies every 2 seconds.

Any other tips at all?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Account created, what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp07974 View Post
So i have set up my new stealth account using a VCC and also an account. Got the account verified via a SIM card i have brought and have both paypal and ebay running alongside each other ( same account names and address's etc )

I think now is the hard part, trying to keep these accounts open and not getting requested to provide ID etc.

Any tips? I have made a new user account on my PC and have recently , 3 weeks ago, changed my broadband provider. I am using mozzilla firefox with a security plug in that removes the flash cookies every 2 seconds.

Any other tips at all?
My main tip would be to.start SLOW

Give your account browsing and bidding history before you do.anything. When its time to.sell, slow is the key, as is low value unrisky items to begin with.
You need to earn ebays trust. As your account progresses you will be able to start to introduce your own products.
When you to that point, check back into forum, as some items really aernt ever worth selling as can cause risk to your account.

When you are able, make more accounts. Good to have back ups :-)
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

get some buyer feedback / list a book as your first item / get good seller feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
comp07974 (01-30-2015)
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you both, both my paypal and ebay are the same stealth name and address however, i do not have too much access to that address, how can i buy the goods but get them delivered to myself? I dont want to add my original shipping address as it will flag up will it not?
Old 01-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Just buy cheap stuff $5 or less / doesnt matter if it gets delivered to you or not / just give seller positive feedback and he will do the same
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
comp07974 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

no problem, will order a few bits from china ;-)
Old 01-29-2015

Longevity: 54%

Just leave the cookies build up your browser.
Ebay likes that.
Just use different user account on your computer.
Old 01-29-2015

Quote:
Not the best approach for starting up a brand new stealth account! What if eBay ask you to upload any invoices for the items you are listing or have sold? The only invoices you would have would be from China, that would raise flags, eBay do not like Chinese goods that are usually counterfeit.

Why don't you go and have a look in some pound shops for items that may look like you can list them and sell them for a bit more than you paid for them, stationery items are good to list as well, and with these items as a starting point for your new account you won't have any Chinese problems!
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Not the best approach for starting up a brand new stealth account! What if eBay ask you to upload any invoices for the items you are listing or have sold? The only invoices you would have would be from China, that would raise flags, eBay do not like Chinese goods that are usually counterfeit.

Why don't you go and have a look in some pound shops for items that may look like you can list them and sell them for a bit more than you paid for them, stationery items are good to list as well, and with these items as a starting point for your new account you won't have any Chinese problems!
So sorry i think you got the wrong end of it, i mean i will just buy some 99p bits from china for myself as a buyer to build up my buying feedback. sorry, should of made it clearer
The Following User Says Thank You to comp07974 For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015

Quote:
Thank you both, both my paypal and ebay are the same stealth name and address however, i do not have too much access to that address, how can i buy the goods but get them delivered to myself? I dont want to add my original shipping address as it will flag up will it not?
You really dont need to buy anything.
Buyers feedback is not important....its selling feedback which is important :-)
RosieTosie (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015

Quote:
You really dont need to.
I did the same thing on my first account until i was told by many that its pointless. Its the feedbacj from selling that counts, not buying.
Seriously, dont waste your money :-)
Old 01-29-2015

Yes, compO, buying feedback is useless to a seller, you will get much more value from your selling actions on eBay, you really do only need to concentrate on getting that selling feedback and as much of it as you can, just not too quickly, these days in the UK the one and only way to go is to sell sub zero risk items quite slowly to start with very gradually building up after about 2/3 months to sell what you want to sell
Old 01-29-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post

Unless im reading wrong, OP is buying solely to get the feedback. Totally not necessary.
Whats important is that OP gets browsing history, acts like a newbie on the help pages, bids on stuff not even gonna win, watch items etc

Ive never bought from any of my accounts but one and they were cheap hairclips with free delivery lol.
Later found that its a pointless exercise if it doesnt count towards your good standing on ebay.
I like your suggestion, if there is nothing at home, visit the pound store and.sell.it on. Some of the stuff is pretty good which u could easily get shifted for more monwy.
I dont know about you Rosie, but i dont like to list new on a new account. So if it was me, id list as used in item specifics but in main listing put new.
Thats what ive always done.
:-)
Old 01-29-2015

Sorry Rosie
Cross posted, we did.
Dont shout at me
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

My account is only young but i am still learning the tricks of the trade, im fully verified on paypal and have passed my verification on ebay to sell. Been looking and bidding on xbox one games so might sell one or 2 of them over the coming 2/3 weeks and get the 21 day limit lifted.
Old 01-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Aim for more on UK side...or North American side if you wish
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
My account is only young but i am still learning the tricks of the trade, im fully verified on paypal and have passed my verification on ebay to sell. Been looking and bidding on xbox one games so might sell one or 2 of them over the coming 2/3 weeks and get the 21 day limit lifted.
Not entirely sure that xbox games would be a good starting point on a new account.
Just my opinion :-)
RosieTosie (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

OK, well it is what i have looked at buying on there and doing some bidding on so I think that would be my best step at selling. Ive tried to make my browsing history match my selling history as such.

This is account number one remember and hope I can keep it going. Just another quick question tho, i see people mention 30 ,60 and 90 days account ages. I take it these are stages to hopefully "PASS" as such?
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:
OK, well it is what i have looked at buying on there and doing some bidding on so I think that would be my best step at selling. Ive tried to make my browsing history match my selling history as such.

This is account number one remember and hope I can keep it going. Just another quick question tho, i see people mention 30 ,60 and 90 days account ages. I take it these are stages to hopefully "PASS" as such?
I really do think you.should avoid computer games till you have some.selling.history behind you. Your browsing history does not need to match your selling.
There are other safer items to list on a new account.
:-)

Last edited by ooooo.halo; 01-30-2015 at 11:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ooooo.halo For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015

Quote:

Any other tips at all?
Always be prepared for the next stage.....get 3,4,5 stealth accounts running.....always nice to know you have back up. Also, rather than having a 10 item a month limit you get 5 x 10= 50 limit. Limit increases on accounts can be unpredicable, so it is better to spread things out and then you have more chance that one account may be a 'jackpot' account.

Don't buy items and sell them on the same account, this by definition would make you a 'business' user and create unwanted attention.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-30-2015), RosieTosie (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015

Absolutely the best approach there from realdeals, 3,4,5 stealth accounts that you are nurturing along on the sidelines so that if an account does go down you can pick up with the others seamlessly with more or less the same income coming in for you. Halo's advice to drop the computer games as your listed items on new accounts as well is the way forward, computer games are considered very high risk by eBay as they can be and definately are targets for counterfeiters.

Also as advised, sell different items on the different you have, different wording on the items in each account, listing them at different times of the day, different passwords even as well, passwords that are too similar can potentially raise eBay flags.
Old 01-31-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

I've been selling Set-top boxes (as they used to be called before the TV Makers removed the tops) for many years until ebay limited me.

If I start selling these with my stealth accounts, will they attract unwanted attention from Paypal or ebay?