eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Defects exculated to ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/85418-defects-exculated-ebay.html)

bigdaz 05-04-2015 12:03 PM

Defects exculated to ebay

Unfortunately on 1 of my accounts i have now got 3 cases escalated to ebay due to me being on holidays :(

as the defect rate for this is 0.3% and i have only sold 500 items on this account means it is sitting at 0.6%

ridiculous that this now puts a near perfect account at the threat of being lost, i can sell 200 items a months, will i get the 3 months to save it or how quickly will i lose selling privileges and be given lower allowance

wired 05-04-2015 01:10 PM

Re: Defects exculated to ebay

You have up to 2percent for Top Rated Sellers, so you have a fair way to go before they drop you down to Above Standard.

9/10 you wont get those defects removed by eBay even if your country was blown up by ISIS (eBay would still say it is your fault), so stock up on cheap rubbish from China and sell at a loss to get those sales up.

I really wouldnt be worried at 0.6percent at all especially not at the volume you are selling at.

just_smile 05-05-2015 01:35 AM

There have been differing reports on how long you get Once below standard.

Some people have claimed to be shut down instantly while others have lasted months.

Best thing you can do is just sell as much as you can to dilute the defects and hope you make it in time.

bigdaz 05-05-2015 01:24 PM

hi the defect rate is for cases esculated to ebay, the limit is 2 and i have 3

james13v 05-26-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaz (Post 666316)
hi the defect rate is for cases esculated to ebay, the limit is 2 and i have 3

Just lost my top rated status because of this. They won't do crap. Nothing. Lose lose situation

Efftech 05-26-2015 05:23 PM

Make sure it doesn't get escalated to eBay.
You should really know how eBay operate now, before the option is even available you need to figure out if eBay will side with them or you.

Put yourself in eBays biased state of mind and think who they would rather side with

A small time seller they could care less about or a regular buyer that will happily shop from the giants they usually cater for (babz etc)

wired 05-27-2015 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efftech (Post 672540)
Put yourself in eBays biased state of mind and think who they would rather side with

"All sellers are the spawn of the devil"
- - Ebay CEO, 2014

james13v 05-28-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efftech (Post 672540)
Make sure it doesn't get escalated to eBay.
You should really know how eBay operate now, before the option is even available you need to figure out if eBay will side with them or you.

A small time seller they could care less about or a regular buyer that will happily shop from the giants they usually cater for (babz etc)

Putting myself in ebay's state of mind, I'd rather have small time sellers, who pay the most ebay fees. The bigger the seller, the less the fees. Small sellers try harder, use more services, and list more often. Big guys just get stores, and wait it out .

Really hard to put myself in ebay's biased state of mind, because I have even the slightest modicum of intelligence and understand how the real world works.

and I don't know about the OP, but I spend $1000+ ebay fees a month. Which they will now lose, because of idiot buyers, and ebays 30 second case decisions.

slapped 05-28-2015 10:55 AM

The truth is that you cannot really take a "Holiday" when you are dealing with selling on Ebay,,,you MUST be in CONSTANT touch with your buyers,,,,once they have a complaint and you do not respond to their messages in reguards to their complaint,,,what do you expect is going to happen?

wired 05-28-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 672936)
The truth is that you cannot really take a "Holiday" when you are dealing with selling on Ebay,,,you MUST be in CONSTANT touch with your buyers,,,,once they have a complaint and you do not respond to their messages in reguards to their complaint,,,what do you expect is going to happen?

Exactly that. Even if you put your out of office type notice up, hide all your listings etc as per the vacation setting...you get a return, or a IND, and you dont reply, and it happens a couple of times, you will get the chop. All for an item you sold up to six weeks ago!

rsot 05-28-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 672522)
Just lost my top rated status because of this. They won't do crap. Nothing. Lose lose situation

Hope you have backups going?

Haidukken 05-28-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 666146)
There have been differing reports on how long you get Once below standard.

Some people have claimed to be shut down instantly while others have lasted months.

Best thing you can do is just sell as much as you can to dilute the defects and hope you make it in time.

This.

I have had one account that got shut down pretty much instantly after I called them to ask about the defect %
Another account went up to 8.6% and only 8 days ago I got it back to 4.6%
It was over 5% mark for 5 months and during that time I did get my limits lowered twice and I noticed SIGNIFICANT loss of traffic to my items.
Items that would normally sell rather quickly I couldn't eve shift with £0.99 starting price.
It seemed that I was able to sell about 50% of my monthly limit and then NOTHING moved till the beginning of new month.

I went over the 5% because I tried to use Hermes over Christmas period and some of my parcels never made it. Couple of my own mistakes and it all added up.
After I hit the high 8% mark I was super careful on point with everything that I did and I've not had a single return or low score for 5 months now, on any of my accounts.

Its been a risky life, considering I sell used items and not new but somehow the account is still going and the whole process has forced me to be extra careful and develop certain ways of doing things, to minimize the risk.

If the only account that you can sell on(Because other account were not read yet) is the the danger of being suspended, then it forces you to rethink and develop new ways to handle business better and the same way my suspension on the original account has forced me to think about stealth and new ways of operating, losing an account because of defect % has made me want to be even better at what I do and I believe 5 months without ANY defects or low ratings has proved to me that it is possible to manage sales, multiple accounts and stock in nearly perfect way.