Defects exculated to ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Defects exculated to ebay

Unfortunately on 1 of my accounts i have now got 3 cases escalated to ebay due to me being on holidays :(

as the defect rate for this is 0.3% and i have only sold 500 items on this account means it is sitting at 0.6%

ridiculous that this now puts a near perfect account at the threat of being lost, i can sell 200 items a months, will i get the 3 months to save it or how quickly will i lose selling privileges and be given lower allowance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2015

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Defects exculated to ebay

You have up to 2percent for Top Rated Sellers, so you have a fair way to go before they drop you down to Above Standard.

9/10 you wont get those defects removed by eBay even if your country was blown up by ISIS (eBay would still say it is your fault), so stock up on cheap rubbish from China and sell at a loss to get those sales up.

I really wouldnt be worried at 0.6percent at all especially not at the volume you are selling at.

Last edited by wired; 05-04-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

There have been differing reports on how long you get Once below standard.

Some people have claimed to be shut down instantly while others have lasted months.

Best thing you can do is just sell as much as you can to dilute the defects and hope you make it in time.
Old 05-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

hi the defect rate is for cases esculated to ebay, the limit is 2 and i have 3
Old 05-26-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaz View Post
hi the defect rate is for cases esculated to ebay, the limit is 2 and i have 3
Just lost my top rated status because of this. They won't do crap. Nothing. Lose lose situation
Old 05-26-2015

Longevity: 67%

Make sure it doesn't get escalated to eBay.
You should really know how eBay operate now, before the option is even available you need to figure out if eBay will side with them or you.

Put yourself in eBays biased state of mind and think who they would rather side with

A small time seller they could care less about or a regular buyer that will happily shop from the giants they usually cater for (babz etc)
Old 05-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efftech View Post
Put yourself in eBays biased state of mind and think who they would rather side with
"All sellers are the spawn of the devil"
- - Ebay CEO, 2014
Old 05-28-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efftech View Post
Make sure it doesn't get escalated to eBay.
You should really know how eBay operate now, before the option is even available you need to figure out if eBay will side with them or you.

A small time seller they could care less about or a regular buyer that will happily shop from the giants they usually cater for (babz etc)
Putting myself in ebay's state of mind, I'd rather have small time sellers, who pay the most ebay fees. The bigger the seller, the less the fees. Small sellers try harder, use more services, and list more often. Big guys just get stores, and wait it out .

Really hard to put myself in ebay's biased state of mind, because I have even the slightest modicum of intelligence and understand how the real world works.

and I don't know about the OP, but I spend $1000+ ebay fees a month. Which they will now lose, because of idiot buyers, and ebays 30 second case decisions.
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The truth is that you cannot really take a "Holiday" when you are dealing with selling on Ebay,,,you MUST be in CONSTANT touch with your buyers,,,,once they have a complaint and you do not respond to their messages in reguards to their complaint,,,what do you expect is going to happen?
Old 05-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
The truth is that you cannot really take a "Holiday" when you are dealing with selling on Ebay,,,you MUST be in CONSTANT touch with your buyers,,,,once they have a complaint and you do not respond to their messages in reguards to their complaint,,,what do you expect is going to happen?
Exactly that. Even if you put your out of office type notice up, hide all your listings etc as per the vacation setting...you get a return, or a IND, and you dont reply, and it happens a couple of times, you will get the chop. All for an item you sold up to six weeks ago!
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Just lost my top rated status because of this. They won't do crap. Nothing. Lose lose situation
Hope you have backups going?
Old 05-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
There have been differing reports on how long you get Once below standard.

Some people have claimed to be shut down instantly while others have lasted months.

Best thing you can do is just sell as much as you can to dilute the defects and hope you make it in time.
This.

I have had one account that got shut down pretty much instantly after I called them to ask about the defect %
Another account went up to 8.6% and only 8 days ago I got it back to 4.6%
It was over 5% mark for 5 months and during that time I did get my limits lowered twice and I noticed SIGNIFICANT loss of traffic to my items.
Items that would normally sell rather quickly I couldn't eve shift with £0.99 starting price.
It seemed that I was able to sell about 50% of my monthly limit and then NOTHING moved till the beginning of new month.

I went over the 5% because I tried to use Hermes over Christmas period and some of my parcels never made it. Couple of my own mistakes and it all added up.
After I hit the high 8% mark I was super careful on point with everything that I did and I've not had a single return or low score for 5 months now, on any of my accounts.

Its been a risky life, considering I sell used items and not new but somehow the account is still going and the whole process has forced me to be extra careful and develop certain ways of doing things, to minimize the risk.

If the only account that you can sell on(Because other account were not read yet) is the the danger of being suspended, then it forces you to rethink and develop new ways to handle business better and the same way my suspension on the original account has forced me to think about stealth and new ways of operating, losing an account because of defect % has made me want to be even better at what I do and I believe 5 months without ANY defects or low ratings has proved to me that it is possible to manage sales, multiple accounts and stock in nearly perfect way.