Trying To Get Back On Ebay, Help!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Trying To Get Back On Ebay, Help!?

Hi Guys..

So i have Read The stealth guide 4 time's Over Very good book!

I have followed all the steps to get back on ebay.

So here's the facts..

Went Round a Freinds house to visit Ended up using their wireless dongle broadband i think it was "3"..

So i also setup Paypal & Ebay account's to use when i got home ( at the freinds house )

Used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details but a Phone number thats real ( Being My Grandmother's Number Never used on ebay before )

1st Problem - I used my Grandmothers number for a address thats around 10-12 Miles away ( i.e The address i used being in Surbiton, Surrey & the number i used being in Sutton, surrey around a 10 - 12 mile differance. will ebay and Paypal have any problems with the number and address

I used A hotmail account for email

havent as yet Got A CC In there but i have one to put in. ( Entropay )

I Can ring my GM & ask her to pick up the phone when they call for verification. But is there any easy other ways for other accounts that i may make ? ( easy ways for uk people ) ?

2nd Problem Ok so i don't know the ip i used to create the accounts Ebay & PP, But i have a Seprate Router i can use to login ( never been used before )
will i have problems if i dont use the ip i created them with ?

ive left the account standing ( as a buyers acc ) for nearly 3 months Only loged in once useing 1 ip that i noted.

i want to sell so have to add the CC & Verify the number, But need advice one my problems !? Thanks!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw View Post
Hi Guys..

So i have Read The stealth guide 4 time's Over Very good book!

I have followed all the steps to get back on ebay.

So here's the facts..

Went Round a Freinds house to visit Ended up using their wireless dongle broadband i think it was "3"..

So i also setup Paypal & Ebay account's to use when i got home ( at the freinds house )

Used ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details but a Phone number thats real ( Being My Grandmother's Number Never used on ebay before )

1st Problem - I used my Grandmothers number for a address thats around 10-12 Miles away ( i.e The address i used being in Surbiton, Surrey & the number i used being in Sutton, surrey around a 10 - 12 mile differance. will ebay and Paypal have any problems with the number and address

I used A hotmail account for email

havent as yet Got A CC In there but i have one to put in. ( Entropay )

I Can ring my GM & ask her to pick up the phone when they call for verification. But is there any easy other ways for other accounts that i may make ? ( easy ways for uk people ) ?

2nd Problem Ok so i don't know the ip i used to create the accounts Ebay & PP, But i have a Seprate Router i can use to login ( never been used before )
will i have problems if i dont use the ip i created them with ?

ive left the account standing ( as a buyers acc ) for nearly 3 months Only loged in once useing 1 ip that i noted.

i want to sell so have to add the CC & Verify the number, But need advice one my problems !? Thanks!!

You should get away with not knowing what ip you used to create the account as you used a 3g dongle which normally gives you a new ip all the time, on top of that ip alone isnt sufficent for ebay or paypal to ban you as far as im aware. Just make sure you make a not of the ip you will be using from your router as it may not change all the time and if your gonna be making new ebay/pp accounts then its always a good idea to make sure you dont use the same ip on all accounts.

You should hav used googlemail for your account as it stops pics that have things like web beacons that can come onto your comp through the form of pictures.

About the address and phone number not matching well ive read on the forum that there are people who use address' and numbers which are about 30 miles apart and it hasnt caused them any issues. Personally before i set up an account i try and figure out the number which i will be using first then make up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address to corespond with the numbers area. The last thing we want is for paypal not accepting the number verification due to the address being 15 miles out.

You have 2 options. Either close down the paypal account and reopen it using the same number with a closer address added on file. Or verify your account and hope they wont pick it up. I would try to verify it myself first and see if it go's through. If it doesnt then close it down. This way you might be out of pocket a couple of quid due to the entropay account not mntioning the time it will take to get another pp account verified( about a week)

Personally i dont tend to get problems from ebay other then if its related to my paypal account and they ask for me to resolve my paypal probs.

If you will be opening multiple accounts then there are other methods you can use to verify by phone. have a browse through the forum. The majority of them are mentioned.Just dont forget to delete cookies and flash cookies before logging into a different account. Actually i read the other day that you will need to keep the cookies on your comp or ebay will always do a phone call check to make sure its you as they wont recognise the computer,this is only when listing a new item. The best way around this is to create a new windows user id for each account. Give the accounts a little while to mature by listing things through ebay then jump onto auctiva. This way the only time you will need to swap windows id is for logging into your ebay or paypal. Someone said not to start using auctiva straight away as they will know that your not a newbie to ebay which inturn will raise suspision.
Old 12-14-2008
Threadstarter  

GREMLIN Thanks For the advice mate Just 2 Questions What Do you do to get phone numbers ?

And will using hotmail give me big problems ? should i leave it or make a gmail and change the details ?

thanks mate!

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-14-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw View Post
Hi GREMLIN Thanks For the advice mate Just 2 Questions What Do you do to get phone numbers ?

And will using hotmail give me big problems ? should i leave it or make a gmail and change the details ?

thanks mate!
You can use the telphone box method which works in the uk or try tamar. Both report to be working.

About using hotmail well i cant see there being a problem. I currently use them for one of my accounts. However i use auctiva to list my items on ebay and delete all my cookies including flash cookies.The reason i do this is so that i can log into diffrent emails.I only use the different windows id's to log into my ebay/pp. I think the best way around this would be never to log into another email add or ppp/ebay account as you will get linked. Once you start using auctiva then you can have like a nuetral windows user id and can delete cookies before logging into any other emails or maybe even forums like this, then use the other windows id's strictly for paypal and ebay log ins.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-15-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Trying To Get Back On Ebay, Help!?

sounds like you have done all you need to mate,i use the phones at work,there are plenty of them,and as the address being in the same area of the country,i have never encountered problems with it,just to add that smile.co.uk is a great internet bank i use,you can open as many accounts as you want,great for verifying your paypal accounts,thanks
Old 12-30-2008

Longevity: 92%

How long is your original ban for?
Old 02-24-2010

Longevity: 83%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
About using hotmail well i cant see there being a problem. I currently use them for one of my accounts. However i use auctiva to list my items on ebay and delete all my cookies including flash cookies.The reason i do this is so that i can log into diffrent emails.I only use the different windows id's to log into my ebay/pp. I think the best way around this would be never to log into another email add or ppp/ebay account as you will get linked. Once you start using auctiva then you can have like a nuetral windows user id and can delete cookies before logging into any other emails or maybe even forums like this, then use the other windows id's strictly for paypal and ebay log ins.

Hope this makes sense.
So once again, I'm lost in this computer/ cyber space...

When I create a new Windows user account, this account should strictly be used to log on to ebay/ ppal and email account associated with the two, but no other email account as logging into other email account will link that account to that ebay/ppal ??? I'm I correct? If I logged on to an email acc, logged out and logged on to another email acc on the same Windows user the two emails become linked to ebay/ppal?

thank you
Old 02-24-2010

Longevity: 83%

I copied this Q from another post in hope it'll be answered please:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN

Hope this makes sense.
So once again, I'm lost in this computer/ cyber space...

When I create a new Windows user account, this account should strictly be used to log on to ebay/ ppal and email account associated with the two, but no other email account as logging into other email account will link that account to that ebay/ppal ??? I'm I correct? If I logged on to an email acc, logged out and logged on to another email acc on the same Windows user the two emails become linked to ebay/ppal?

thank you
Old 02-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if you are using gmail with disply images off, you can look at any email account on any user but if you want to be on safe side , as gmail has had glitches, log in to email for just that users ebay/paypal email...

again with any other email provider, display images is turned off
ddda88 (02-24-2010)