Royal Mail Drop & Go and Click & Drop - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-03-2015

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Cool Royal Mail Drop & Go and Click & Drop

Anyone had any experience using any of these two services, "Royal Mail Drop & Go and Click & Drop" - If so please do share them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Royal Mail Drop & Go and Click & Drop

Drop and go is a nice service. Works well but you do not really get much of a discount (sometimes they run promotions which offer slight discounts but nothing more than that)
Old 06-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Discount wise I've never noticed anything different but service wise I couldn't wish for a better service from my local ladies.
Love the Monday mornings posting times because they always have a MASSIVE, 100 people+, que and I just casually stroll to the front, they give me little wink and take my bags and paperwork, let me top up the card and wish me good day. There have been two incidents where somebody started kicking off with the usual "oy mate, we've been here waiting longer than you" and then the ladies handle him with professional hitman style ruthlessness.

Its all about having a good relationship with all the people that you come in contact with, Post Office ladies are no different. I get them box of chocolates when its Friday and they still process my parcels even if I don't have enough money on my Drop and Go card. Sometimes I miscalculate or some things are heavier and they never make a fuss- They always just process it and make sure my parcels are sent on the same day, they know that I will be back the next morning with another 2 bags and a big smile on my face!

I've been using it a year now I think and it's the only way I want to use Royal Mail services.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-04-2015), Lucifer (06-04-2015), Play (06-04-2015), RetroRedneck (10-26-2017), Underhand (01-29-2016)
Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 48%

Been using drop and go since July 2015 its saved me approximately 40 minutes per day, waiting in queues. You get an A4 sheet to fill in your name, card number, tel number then you can list up to 15 items per sheet. To save time i usually drop 2 separate bags, one for 2nd class signed, the other 1st class signed. Then i just buy stamps for the rest of my other items, i don't bother with proof of postage as i sell these items for under £10. I bung them in with stamps on and they are ready to go. Yes its great going up to the side door at the cash counter, gentle knock and the staff are happy to open the door and receive the bags with smiling faces. I wouldn't drop and go later than 3:30pm i usually go in early to give them plenty of time to process as they close at 5:30pm.
Old 01-28-2016

Yep....I use drop and go.... only my local post office gives me a roll of 'signed for' stickers so I can label the items before i drop them off. this means i can list the tracking number online before i even drop the package off at the post office.
i just write a 1st or 2nd on the label and the guys know what to do. also....they don't bother with the drop and go card.... i pay the next day ...or the next quiet day (may be 2-3 days worth of posting done)
The Following User Says Thank You to colie72 For This Useful Post:
leannecath (02-04-2016)
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 63%

Am getting 15% off my drop and go items ,, and it also let's me get the tracking numbers on the parcels before they are posted ,,if there are any that are overseas global priority, I have the girl at the post office txt me the tracking which save waiting ,, but you do get a bit of a look when you go right to the front counter ,, SORRY to anyone that I have past ,, but shy kids don't get any sweets
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 56%

Hi, I'm using RM Click & Drop in all of my stealth account and can say that save me a lot of time. Great service and easy to manage my orders.
I want to ask if anyone know can I add different return address shown on my labels or this will affect ebay? Click & Drop show my ebay registered address, but I want to add new one. I'm not sure how they share the information between.

Thank all
Old 03-18-2016

Longevity: 47%

I use Royal Mail Online Business Account. All done on line - works on average weight of items.
eg 30 items small packets average weight say 600gms, some could be over 1kg but lighter items could bring the weight down below 1kg so you pay the lesser weight less the discount they apply to your account
Same applies to packets. All works on average weight.
Go to your account online put in the quantities of each type & average weight, hit the confirm button, it tells you the total value. Transfer the money from your bank to theirs, print off the order confirmation, put it in the bag with the mail & drop it off.
Discounts aren't huge but if your products vary in weight from light to heavy the savings can be well worth having.
Old 03-18-2016

Longevity: 55%

Read somewhere that only a viable idea if posting at least 20 items a day every day.
Old 03-21-2016

Longevity: 46%

I have credit account for Royal Mail Online Business Account.
Direct Debit every 30 days. Great.
Spend over £15k a year with them they collect from your door.
Much better than lugging postage sacks, finding parking at post office.
Well worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich74 View Post
I use Royal Mail Online Business Account. All done on line - works on average weight of items.
eg 30 items small packets average weight say 600gms, some could be over 1kg but lighter items could bring the weight down below 1kg so you pay the lesser weight less the discount they apply to your account
Same applies to packets. All works on average weight.
Go to your account online put in the quantities of each type & average weight, hit the confirm button, it tells you the total value. Transfer the money from your bank to theirs, print off the order confirmation, put it in the bag with the mail & drop it off.
Discounts aren't huge but if your products vary in weight from light to heavy the savings can be well worth having.
Old 10-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a question to ask.

On OBA, the prices I have seen are as follows:

1st Class 2nd Class

Letter 0-100g 56p 38p

Large Letter 0-100g 86p 66p

101-250g £1.20 93p

Small Parcel -Max 350mm x 450mm x 160mm

0-1000g £3.12 £2.62

There are thousands of small parcel items selling on ebay for £1.99 or less plus free shipping.
I've asked royal mail if these lot get any special discount and they say not likely. Even if they did by following all the sorting rules and sending 10k items yearly, they would pay the minimum of £2.5x per small parcel.

Does anyone know how they manage to achieve this?
Old 10-09-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Shipping from China perhaps? There are instances where they may sell at a loss to gain a customer but i find its usually a seller from China. They get huge postal discounts and the end delivery is by RM.
Old 10-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera View Post
Shipping from China perhaps? There are instances where they may sell at a loss to gain a customer but i find its usually a seller from China. They get huge postal discounts and the end delivery is by RM.
Thanks, but that is unlikely as most of the products have been delivered within 1 to 3 days.

Also, if they wanted to gain customers, there are similar items within the same niche that is available as pound-line items and would fit through a letter box. They could still make a tiny profit.

I find it difficult to understand why a business would intentionally make a loss of £1.xx X 3000 items.
Something is amiss.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 10-09-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2017

People sell cheap items at a loss in order to gain good feedback and get the account established. 2-3 cheap items alongside larger items will soon get an account in good standing with ebay. the loss is swallowed up by the pofit on the costlier items. i do this regularly. buy 100 cheap items from china....sell for the cost of the postage and gain good feedback
Old 10-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colie72 View Post
People sell cheap items at a loss in order to gain good feedback and get the account established. 2-3 cheap items alongside larger items will soon get an account in good standing with ebay. the loss is swallowed up by the pofit on the costlier items. i do this regularly. buy 100 cheap items from china....sell for the cost of the postage and gain good feedback
Your right. I see this trend most commonly with more expensive high tech items, or furniture - i.e. items where your bound to get hit with bad DSR ratings from time to time, it helps dilute it.
Old 10-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by colie72 View Post

No sane business will maintain a listing selling several thousand small packet items between £1.5 - £2.5 with free first-class shipping just to get feedback or bring customers in. That's a loss about £2 per sale - even if the items were obtained for free. That's a

I have seen established sellers with 4k to 100k feedback doing this.

It would make sense if they sold to cover cost, not at a loss. I would also understand if they sold letter or large letter items.

There are UK based pound-line suppliers that stock large letter sized, fast selling items between £0.20 - £0.45 ex vat. They’d even deliver free if you purchase £xxx.
They could still get all the feedback in the world and make a small profit.

I'd be amazed if these sellers who have amassed thousands of feedback knowingly skip this option and choose to make a loss instead.

Now, if a seller was laundering money, robbing HMRC or royal mail blind...
Old 10-17-2017

Longevity: 46%

I used click and drop its great for stealth, can have multiple ebay accounts signed into one platform. Just click the download button and it dumps all the orders into one table and you can print 5 labels at a time, easy!

I just print them off on my pc and drop them in the post office, they bulk scan them and it takes 2 minutes. I dont even have to wait around they just take my bags and do them when it quite.
Old 10-26-2017

Re Drop & Go; how do you send stuff via tracking, ie Signed For/Special Delivery?

You need the tracking nos to upload to eBay.
Old 10-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRedneck View Post
Re Drop & Go; how do you send stuff via tracking, ie Signed For/Special Delivery?

You need the tracking nos to upload to eBay.
When you go back the next time, they'll give you all the receipts/tracking details etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
RetroRedneck (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

That's handy! Will sign up for it.
Old 02-04-2018

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 37%

hi can Royal Mail Click & Drop link ebay accounts as I am using for 2 different feebay accounts? thanks
Old 03-10-2018

Longevity: 39%

Hello if I am using multiple stealths at once and using the same Royal Mail account is there risk of getting tracked
Also do I have to submit my real information when making a Royal Mail account thanks