PayPal Account Permanently Limited! - WHAT NOW? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-03-2015
username1

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default PayPal Account Permanently Limited! - WHAT NOW?

How can I get paid all my money on eBay with PayPal have blocked me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2015
username1

Default Re: PayPal Account Permanently Limited! - WHAT NOW?

I have auctions finished every hour this weekend. Where will the money go?

Can I use someone else PayPal account?
Old 07-03-2015
just_smile

You will need to refund those buyers if they pau, or better yet cancel all the auctions now before they end.

If you add another paypal account, it will be linked and can be shut down. Its a VERY bad idea to do this.
Old 07-03-2015
username1

SO do you think my eBay account is no going to be shut down?
Old 07-03-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallantan View Post
It may survive but it will be useless. You do not have a PayPal attached to it and if you add a different one it will probably go down like just_smile told you.

You need to start fresh with a new pair.
Old 07-03-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Not always.
I had a paypal account limited and I opened a new one and use it on the same ebay account - against the advice of this forum but its been going at least 6 months with the new PP account.

If the ebay account has a good feedback score and you want it protected then open a stealth pp account and use that.
You've not said why your account was limited or whether it was connected to what you were listing.
These things may affect what happens if you open a new PP account.

Unfortunately you can't change the paypal address on any listings that are running and your buyers won't be able to pay so you might aswell close the auctions now.

If the limitation is connected to ebay listings then you could expect that to close too but if it was just the usual Paypal nonsense then just open a new account and relist your items. You won't be able to list anything new until you have a working PP account.

If you have enough credit cards and bank accounts available you could open a PP account to use on your existing ebay and also open another PP and new ebay account again and start from scratch.
If the ebay account you are using has your real details you might want to keep it going as long as possible but open stealth accounts in case closure comes.

Limited paypal accounts can become unlimited if you follow their instructions but whether that is possible will depend on the reasons they've limited it.

If you have funds in the account you can in some cases make refunds to buyers.
Then use a friends paypal account to send them a payment request and get the money that way. It won't connect your friends account to you but it will enable you to get your money - assuming buyers are helpful.
Some might think its dodgy and some won't want to do it anyway so you might lose out but better to lose out than for PP to keep it
Old 07-04-2015

So why were you limited on PP? Do you know what you did.. or didnt do to flag this up
Old 07-05-2015
username1

Something to do with selling branded items but one appealed it and won!!

I'm back! Woohoo!
Old 07-05-2015

Quote:

I'm back! Woohoo!
Keep an eye out on exactly why they limited it because it may well happen again.
I was limited a few years back , spoke to paypal who actually gave me instructions on how to avoid the limitation which I followed but within a few weeks I was limited again and in this case they would only say it was a security issue.
On more than one occasion ebay and paypal have banned me and neither would ever give a specific reason why. They said it was to ensure that dodgy sellers didn't get round their secuity measures but I've never really heard anything quite as stupid as paypal and ebay banning people but refusing to give any explanations so you never get to know if they are actually wrong or if you've made a genuine mistake
Old 07-10-2015

Just been limited on PP - contemplating going stealth on PP keeping the old ebay account
Old 07-10-2015
username1

Wont work!
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:

I'm back! Woohoo!
Just make sure that you keep no more than a minimum amount in paypal to cover a few refunds. Accounts like this you need to proceed with caution and be prepared for future issues.
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Relax OP and build your business well - spread sales - don't do things that you are not sure of
Old 07-10-2015

Quote:
Wont work!
Yes it can.
I've been doing exactly that for at least 6 months.

There are several factors but as long as the paypal ban isn't directly related to the ebay items he's been selling then he should be able to carry on and protect his feedback - in the expectation that they may catch up eventually.

Best idea is to use a new PP on the existing ebay if possible so as to protect the feedback ( if its high enough to worry about of course) and meantime start up new stealth ebay and PP in readiness
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 60%

I've had my paypal limited a few times when I first tried running stealth accounts BEFORE I read the stealth guide and educated myself with trial and error and out of all the accounts I had limited, I only was able to get the limits lifted on one without waiting the full 90-180 days. They are much more strict now, and it has become much harder to get them to release the funds early. Let the forum know if you are able to be successful with that
Old 07-13-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartalex View Post
Yes it can.
I've been doing exactly that for at least 6 months.

There are several factors but as long as the paypal ban isn't directly related to the ebay items he's been selling then he should be able to carry on and protect his feedback - in the expectation that they may catch up eventually.

Best idea is to use a new PP on the existing ebay if possible so as to protect the feedback ( if its high enough to worry about of course) and meantime start up new stealth ebay and PP in readiness
Just to clarify....

Are you saying if you have had your paypal limited, then you can just create a stealth paypal and link it to your established ebay and despite the names and all other details being different this will work?
Old 07-14-2015
username1

I'm also interested in the above...
Old 07-14-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Just to clarify....

Are you saying if you have had your paypal limited, then you can just create a stealth paypal and link it to your established ebay and despite the names and all other details being different this will work?
I have reported on this myself, it will work. But when it comes to manual review time and you submit your documents, it will most likely be culled. Might buy you some time to clear stock, but if like me, you can max out that EU limit within a week or two, its not good for longevity. If you sell cheap £4.99 items, then you it will take longer to hit that total and the PP account will mature over that time.

Remember, everyones circumstances and business practices are different. Adding a new PP is not advised to do on the forum, as we aim for longevity and comfortable trading.
Old 07-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I have reported on this myself, it will work. But when it comes to manual review time and you submit your documents, it will most likely be culled. Might buy you some time to clear stock, but if like me, you can max out that EU limit within a week or two, its not good for longevity. If you sell cheap £4.99 items, then you it will take longer to hit that total and the PP account will mature over that time.

Remember, everyones circumstances and business practices are different. Adding a new PP is not advised to do on the forum, as we aim for longevity and comfortable trading.
TBH, I was being rather rhetorical. My view on this is it will work until it is noticed, whether that be a week, a month or a year..... a stealth being operated this way is rather like being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Just because the doctor only gave you 6 months, and you are now in month 8, doesn't mean everything is going to now be fine and you can starting booking next years holidays.

I am not sure, if adopting this practice, how you can expect to have any confidence in your stealth? Sure, all stealths can be closed down at anytime, and we should always play the game with this in mind so that when they do cease then we don't suffer too much financially with it. Even so, I would have thought the best long term objective would be to start afresh and be able to use a stealth you are confident there are no links with.

This is also a good example of the logic behind having multiple stealths, when situations like this occur there is no need to take higher than required risks as you already have your fall back system in place.

Last edited by realdeals; 07-14-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
TBH, I was being rather rhetorical. My view on this is it will work until it is noticed, whether that be a week, a month or a year..... a stealth being operated this way is rather like being diagnosed with terminal cancer. Just because the doctor only gave you 6 months, and you are now in month 8, doesn't mean everything is going to now be fine and you can starting booking next years holidays.

I am not sure, if adopting this practice, how you can expect to have any confidence in your stealth? Sure, all stealths can be closed down at anytime, and we should always play the game with this in mind so that when they do cease then we don't suffer too much financially with it. Even so, I would have thought the best long term objective would be to start afresh and be able to use a stealth you are confident there are no links with.

This is also a good example of the logic behind having multiple stealths, when situations like this occur there is no need to take higher than required risks as you already have your fall back system in place.
Yes I agree completely. Its a very slapdash approach, I did it knowing that, and it lasted for me to unload stock before christmas last year after the December cull, but they only lasted to the review time. Operating on that level permanently isn't what Stealth is about really.

It will definitely get noticed if the PayPal account hasnt had the limits lifted as soon as the docs are submitted and a manual review happens. That much is certain unless the PayPal team all went out the night before and had a rave with tonnes of pills and a mass orgy, and are still buzzing at work.
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
realdeals (07-14-2015)
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Just to clarify....

Yes , I have it working today and have done for several months.
The first paypal account matched the name and address on the ebay account - the pp account got limited because I forgot some of the ID details so I started another account with a different name and address and use that.

It did seem to be a short term solution and I'm sure advice on here wouldn't recommend it but it works for me and if you have enough feedback to protect then its worth a try. It is said that long term paypal may catch on but here we are 7 months later so who cares if they catch up. I've had 7 more months and counting of the ebay account and I can start new ones up as and when.
It saves throwing a good ebay account away and I did say its unlikely to work if the PP limitation is directly linked to items you were selling. If it is don't list them again
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post

So you're wrong again ( surprise surprise). Just because I sell £4.99 items means nothing unless you know how many I sell or the prices of my other items.
I submitted documents about 5 months ago just as limits were being reached so they got cleared in 3- 4 days .
Got accepted and have continued to sell hundreds of items for many months so your premise is once again questionable but proven inaccurate yet again