Help & advice needed for Newbie - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Help & advice needed for Newbie

Hi, Below Part 1 is just for interest, Part 2 is my problem. Thanks

Part 1 - For background interest only and from memory - Might help someone
About 5 years ago I has an ebay and Paypal account which was a couple of years old and had a few hundred positive feedback, selling and buying bits and bobs, anyway, I came accross some adult DVD's and thought I would try them on ebay so I put a few on and they sold instantly. Cost about 30p each and 70p to post with a padded envelope. Sold for £4.99 + £1.99 postage so a good £5 each profit. I then put a multiple listing on 100 available and I sold about 50 in one day and ebay removed my listing (adult material) and reimbursed my listing fees. So I had this little game, every Friday night I would put 100 on I would see how many I could sell before the listing was pulled. This went on for a few weeks and as a sideline I was making some good extra income. Well I started to get worried that I might get banned and lose my Paypal ccount (which was full of funds taking 10 days to take money out) so I opened a new ebay and Paypal account in my wifes name and as soon as I had a large amount of cash in my Paypal account I would gift it to her. From memory I got a short suspension from ebay and then just carried on regardless. So anyway one day out of the blue my wife got an email from Paypal saying that her account was on hold for 180 days as they thought there was something going on. Her account had about £750 in it and mine had nil. I phoned Paypal and they said something about credit card fraud! with all the transfers they thought we were circumventing credit card fees so I explained that the only cards registered were Debit cards so what are they on about? After plenty of arguements they said they would not release the money for 180 days.
My Paypal account in the meantime was not limited so I went straight on to the internet (not ebay) and bought myself a new PC using my Paypal account to pay and specified 24 hour, am delivery. (£750). As soon as it arrived I went straight to my bank and reported my Debit card lost and also cancelled all Direct Debit authorisations, this was not a big isssue as I only used the account for Paypal. The lady in the bank said she had seen problems with Paypal before and assured me that they could not get any money, just to be sure I emptied my account! A few days later I got an email from Paypal saying my account was £750 in debit and could I sort it immediately. So my wife sent them an email telling them to transfer the on hold funds from her account to mine and I sent one saying funds were on the way. They refused to do it saying that the money in my wifes account was on hold and they would not do it. My reply was "Your decision, not mine, Your problem, not mine, You sort it"
So time marches on and we get the odd letter from a debt collector and eventually one arrives saying we are coming to visit next week to sort it out so I phoned the debt collectors and explained the situation and also just to warn them that if they do visit and I am not at home my wifes dog is very protective of her so "please be careful".
180 days later we recieved a cheque in my wifes name for the £750 and she put it in the bank, I said that as soon as it cleared we would send a cheque to Paypal to clear my negative balance. Then we got a letter from the debt collectors saying "last offer" before we take legal action we will give you 10 days to clear the account and we will accept 66% in full and final payment"
Excellent, I phoned and paid £500 on my wifes debit card and that was the last we heard.
I never used either of the ebay or Paypal accounts again.

Part 2 - In 2006 I opened a new account with ebay and Paypal, I used my sons name (same address and telephone number) he was 13 years old and I opened a savings account at the Halifax and he got one of their debit cards. The only thing that is not correct is his DOB, I put 10 years on his age. So here we are 2 years on with 500+ good feedback and a premier Paypal account. We have only used the account to buy and sell odds and sodds.
4/11/2008 We had a listing removed MC036 "Adult material" This was not an adult DVD but obviously one which ebay do not approve of.
9/11/2008 We had a listing removed MC018 "Circumvention of ebay fees". I put in a listing that the item was for sale locally and if it sold we would remove from ebay.
Neither of them worried me.
Then at Christmas I came accross a company which was closing down and I bought all their computer software and spares (memory hard drives etc). In the past i have refurbished a few PC's and made good money on ebay and also sold the odd piece of software with no problem. Now this lot cost me £100 and after sorting through the software I could see that the software alone would fetch about £1500 in total on ebay so I thought I would put it on individually with buy it nows from £10 to £90 each.
The software is mainly sealed Microsoft with coa's and hologrammed discs, this is the real Mcccoy "It Is positively NOT Pirate Software".
So I started putting it on using ebay turbo lister and suddenly (after about 20 uploads) got a message that I could not upload any more in this category for 30 days! Great, Had I known that I would have uploaded a vatiety of what I have instead of a lot of lots of the same item.
I immediately sold about £100 worth and went to bed fairly happy.
When I got up the next day I had 2 alerts
MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Breach - Unauthorised Item, They had removed all the listings that had sold and also the listings for items still for sale. Strangley they had left 3 items for sale but removed others which were exact copies.
Now I am naiive and I have no idea why my listings have been removed so I go and look at other listings to see what is different from mine.
I notice that most people put on their listings "This will be shipped with a piece of hardware as per Microsoft and ebay rules" Bingo, I have loads of old memory sticks so here we go.
I ammended my listings and I was allowed to upload (3 days later, not 30) So I did so. Again I started selling and everything seemed OK. NO - 2 days later I got 2 more alerts:- MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Breach - Unauthorised Item. Again they had removed the items I have sold and items I have for sale but yet again left 3 items for sale!! They have removed exact duplicas of the same listings!
Summary, I have 3 items on ebay which I am dubious about, I do not want suspending. I have a box of software sat on the floor behind me worth £1000+.
Questions.
1) Should I end my 3 auctions which are left to make sure they are not removed and I am not suspended?
2) How do I get rid of my software? 1 item per week? 2 auctions per week?
Your advice would be appreciated.
Thank you and I hope you are not bored
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

interesting stories, and yes ebay and Paypal are horrible

It could be since you have so many at discounted prices, they may feel that your items are not genuine.
Try making different user accounts and alternate between them and see how that works
Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
interesting stories, and yes ebay and Paypal are horrible

It could be since you have so many at discounted prices, they may feel that your items are not genuine.
Try making different user accounts and alternate between them and see how that works
To be honest it all seems like a lot of hard work and expense to open a new account just to get rid of some cheap software when I have a good account already. I really want to shift it through that without being suspended. Thanks
Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

You are well on your way to getting suspended with so many warnings, you need extra accounts, so that when you get a warinng you can switch to another. If you are selling items ebay or its watchers do not want on there, you will get warnings and takedowns, do not ignore these or you will be suspended, stop listing same item when you get a warning and let account sit for 90 days before resuming. There are many reasons why you get takedowns, see forum for reasons why legit items inc software are taken down - remember you might be infringing on these companies incomes, in their opinion.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 91%

you should open a few accounts and keep them ready to fall back on if you get suspended

all you need it a few virtual cards a few telephone numbers and go open up a few bank accounts.