PayPal finally got me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default PayPal finally got me

After over a year of using my eBay/PayPal account they finally caught me. I was a top-rated seller and had virtually zero selling limits and my account had had 100% feedback even after many disputes/cases etc.

I wasn't careful whatsoever, always thought I was on borrowed time and was amazed how I lasted so long. I accidentally logged into my ghost PayPal on my old IP (linked) whilst resolving a dispute (which I still won) so I knew it was coming, they manually limited me and even when I called PayPal they didn't know why. I just thought I'd share this so you know if you do make a slight mistake, it's not all over yet.

I've already got another account set up so I don't really care about that, I wanted to start fresh anyway because I was making many mistakes of logging into my eBay on my old IP address and in general wasn't doing everything I should to remain undetected.

I have £450 in my PayPal, thankfully AFTER the dispute I realised what I'd done and withdrew the majority of the money. I buy a lot of stuff on eBay so I needed that amount of money in as it would of got used relatively quickly.

Do I have to wait 180 days for the total to be released OR do they gradually release funds ? Also, does anybody know when eBay will start taking new payment methods? And to they have any right whatsoever to keep my money despite it being in another persons name? I'm going to ring them up and kindly ask them if they would consider reviewing the original limit on the account that started all this (I was under-age, couldn't provide ID.... banned for life). If not I'll tell them I'll just keep making more

That was much longer then expected lol.
tl;dr - got limited, can they keep my money, will my funds get released gradually or after 180 days

thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: PayPal finally got me

Hi,

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you at the moment. Something that happened a long time ago caused my paypal account(s) to be permanently limited because they see too much of a 'risk' in doing business with myself.

I have over £1.4k on hold (for 180 days) across two PayPal accounts although my eBay account is unaffected - it still means that I can not link another paypal account to my ebay accounts because they will just share that information between each other and keep destroying my paypal's.

There is a possibilty that they will release your funds partially but I doubt it. Paypal are ruthless and they don't care about you, me or quite frankly anyone else.

Your best bet is to start fresh; get a new stealth pp and ebay and just be careful from there onwards. I'm doing the same, it's painful since sales are dramatically slower with a new ebay but I guess it's got to be done!

Long live aspkin, long live stealth.

Best of luck
Old 11-10-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

PayPal is very firm on the limitation and you will need to wait 180 days. And yes they do have the right to hold your funds because when registering for the account everyone needs to sign an agreement giving PayPal this authority
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

This is why I always use VPS instead of mobile networks, VPN or other ****, it makes me secure that I am not using my own pc and they won't catch me, new pc, new IP, new browser, no way to connect incorrectly #_#
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 69%

Sorry to hear you've had that happen...

I STUPIDLY (like an absolute DOUCHEBAG) got £7k limited in my Paypal account 181 days ago on a ghost PP (I can hear the intakes of breath and comments as you read this ha ha). Anyway, I waited...patiently....try dealing with that whack to your cashflow and staying afloat...and on the 181st day got an email saying:

----------------------------------
Dear ******,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
The PayPal Team

---------------------------------------------

NOW: on the 180th day I phoned them (which i now realise was a very stupid move) asking why my funds were still not eligible for withdrawal...i was impatient. They started saying i'd need to provide more ID (note that i'd already given them a stealth DL and PP) and that their 'internal' department would verify this before releasing my funds....I was *** myself as you can imagine. Before i could tell him not to the guy on the phone put my account back into review for early release....which i wouldn't of let him do had he asked me first (he just told me he'd done it at the end of our convo). The following day at 6am I got the email above (the AUTOMATIC fund availability one). I IMMEDIATELY RAN AND WITHDREW EVERYTHING straight away.

This afternoon I got this from them re. the review escalation:

-------------------------------------------
Dear ******,

After reviewing your PayPal account, we’ve determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we’d like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

If you wish to remove the balance in your PayPal account you need to provide the following documents:

• Bank statement and/or credit card statement dated within 6 months.

Note: The document must show your full name and address as registered on the PayPal account. If the document only shows initials, a proof of identity is needed as well. The document cannot be older than 12 months and needs to be fully visible.

• A photo ID showing your full name

What is a valid proof of identity?

We accept:
- A copy of your ID card
- Your driver's license (photo counterpart)
- Passport
- Other photo ID that was issued by a government body.

Please note that all the information below must be visible on the document:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Date of issue and/or expiry

Note: The document needs to be fully visible. Partial documents cannot be accepted as a valid proof of identity.

As you can see - thank **** i withdrew my money straight away.

AS PER THE MODS ADVICE (AND NOW MINE) You need to be patient and let the automatic processes work for you. Do not call them for the 180s and do not get it re appealed and badger them. You might end up NOT getting your money out if you can't provide ID (if it's stealth you may not be able to do this - i could be wrong here....mods?).

It's the easiest thing to say and the hardest thing to do: be patient and just write it off for 180 days. Sit tight and monitor how long it's been. If after 180 days it doesn't become available give it a few more days - then come seek advice.

Hope that reassures you - I've learnt the hard way and will never leave that much money in there again.

Questions welcome.
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 51%

So far I've only been withdrawing funds of verified accounts and they haven't asked for something like this, only mentioned once that they may will require this. Heh, Thank you for nice lucky-ending story, it might will help me in near future
Old 11-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by London1234 View Post
Sorry to hear you've had that happen...

I STUPIDLY (like an absolute DOUCHEBAG) got £7k limited in my Paypal account 181 days ago on a ghost PP (I can hear the intakes of breath and comments as you read this ha ha). Anyway, I waited...patiently....try dealing with that whack to your cashflow and staying afloat...and on the 181st day got an email saying:

----------------------------------
Dear ******,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
The PayPal Team

---------------------------------------------

NOW: on the 180th day I phoned them (which i now realise was a very stupid move) asking why my funds were still not eligible for withdrawal...i was impatient. They started saying i'd need to provide more ID (note that i'd already given them a stealth DL and PP) and that their 'internal' department would verify this before releasing my funds....I was *** myself as you can imagine. Before i could tell him not to the guy on the phone put my account back into review for early release....which i wouldn't of let him do had he asked me first (he just told me he'd done it at the end of our convo). The following day at 6am I got the email above (the AUTOMATIC fund availability one). I IMMEDIATELY RAN AND WITHDREW EVERYTHING straight away.

This afternoon I got this from them re. the review escalation:

Dear ******,

After reviewing your PayPal account, we’ve determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we’d like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

If you wish to remove the balance in your PayPal account you need to provide the following documents:

• Bank statement and/or credit card statement dated within 6 months.

Note: The document must show your full name and address as registered on the PayPal account. If the document only shows initials, a proof of identity is needed as well. The document cannot be older than 12 months and needs to be fully visible.

• A photo ID showing your full name

What is a valid proof of identity?

We accept:
- A copy of your ID card
- Your driver's license (photo counterpart)
- Passport
- Other photo ID that was issued by a government body.

Please note that all the information below must be visible on the document:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Date of issue and/or expiry

Note: The document needs to be fully visible. Partial documents cannot be accepted as a valid proof of identity.

As you can see - thank **** i withdrew my money straight away.

AS PER THE MODS ADVICE (AND NOW MINE) You need to be patient and let the automatic processes work for you. Do not call them for the 180s and do not get it re appealed and badger them. You might end up NOT getting your money out if you can't provide ID (if it's stealth you may not be able to do this - i could be wrong here....mods?).

It's the easiest thing to say and the hardest thing to do: be patient and just write it off for 180 days. Sit tight and monitor how long it's been. If after 180 days it doesn't become available give it a few more days - then come seek advice.

Hope that reassures you - I've learnt the hard way and will never leave that much money in there again.

Questions welcome.
Wow... you were right lol.
That's insane, glad you managed to get it back.

My new account is already set up and selling. It's just annoying how I can keep doing this and being a good member of eBay/PayPal for life creating ghost accounts but they've got zero tolerance on reinstating accounts so I can never do it in my own name

I didn't think my eBay account got effected but they suspended that as well.

Guess I'll just wait the 180 days. I've had accounts where they waited 180 days and my last account I had in another name the funds were released per transaction.
Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

That is why I use a separate VPS for each account. No problems with messed up passwords, IPs, cookie or soever.

You will get your moneys in 180 days.