Has Ebay un-consciously shot self in foot with late delivery rate in new defect sys - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Has Ebay un-consciously shot self in foot with late delivery rate in new defect sys

Guys! Looking at the preview of the new defect rate which will come into effect in feb of 2016. I got an above standard project on everything if it were to be applied today, however the delivery rate is not looking rosy and I know this is how it will look for the majority of sellers across board.

Realistically, competitive pricing has much weight when it comes to buyers deciding on whom to buy from except in exceptional cases. SO, I dont think same day dispatch really have much weight in making this purchasing decision Vs Price (IMO)

In light of this, my solution is that I will stop offering same day dispatch on all items, instead I will set this to 5 or even 10 days. Yet, I will work hard to ensure my items are dispatched same or next day.

The logic here is that if I am able to beat ebays own projected delivery date, then the purchaser wont have much choice to complain about the delivery time.

I believe a lot more people will be thinking same which will result in disappearance of same/next day dispatch across many products if we continue to get hurt by delivery DSR. With this simple manipulation, then I think Ebay has un-consciously shot self in foot with late delivery rate in new defect system.

I dont give a s.h.i.t about been top rated seller. For me, its all about the Benjamin

Wat u think?

Last edited by taerese; 11-11-2015 at 04:50 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Has Ebay un-consciously shot self in foot with late delivery rate in new defect s

It is actually really worrying me. I have many a battle with people messaging me in capitals because the package sent by royal mail has not reached them by the ESTIMATED day ebay decide to plaster over the listings. We are living in an amazon prime world which seriously f***s over the one man band, as everyone expects pretty much free next day delivery.
Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Has Ebay un-consciously shot self in foot with late delivery rate in new defect s

"The logic here is that if I am able to beat ebays own projected delivery date, then the purchaser wont have much choice to complain about the delivery time."

If a customer decides to give you a low DSR on Shipping time, say after receiving the item in 4 days and your projected is 10days, and its positive feedback, you wont even know.

However customers may be influenced by expectations, if it is one day later than expected they may be annoyed, but if it is well within the expectation they may just be pleased.

this is all conjecture, it needs to be tested like all marketing
Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 59%

i have 5 star DSR for everything but if i were to be evaluated today my delivery bit is in the minus, how is that even possible?
Old 11-11-2015

Its because the majority of the uk doesn't use tracked delivery. If you had tracked delivery loads would show as being on time so it would be fine. Good idea on setting the dispatch time as longer but I doubt it will make much difference, I have that on 1 of my accounts that was close to below standard to stop so many people opening cases but its still showing 8% for delivery time. Most will just click 'no' if they thought the delivery took too long no matter what you put.

Edit: everyone will get trashed pre xmas too, I had sooo many 'not received' last year after black friday

Last edited by dan_ebay; 11-11-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2015

People totally lose the fact that for example, when they buy an item sent 1st class royal mail on a saturday afternoon, that it wont be shipped until Monday.
Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

EB rep has told me, that if you manage to post items on time, and it is clearly seen from the tracking, you are safe from that new type of defect.
Old 11-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
EB rep has told me, that if you manage to post items on time, and it is clearly seen from the tracking, you are safe from that new type of defect.
Tracking? Would you track an item you sold for £4 on FREE delivery. Tracking si not the issue here, its about items that cannot go on tracking. Like trying to track a 99p DVD you sold on free delivery.
The Following User Says Thank You to taerese For This Useful Post:
aleen (05-31-2016)
Old 11-11-2015

Every customer is given a choice to evaluate the transaction. He is asked, if he received the parcel in the time frame displayed in the lot at the moment of purchase. If buyer says he did not - it counts as a defect, and to remove it, you need to give them tracking, which shows, that the item was dispatched on time. The funny thing is that only dispatch time matters, not the delivery time. So basically if you are sending huge volumes of untracked items, and they often come a bit late, your TSR is doomed.
Old 11-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Every customer is given a choice to evaluate the transaction. He is asked, if he received the parcel in the time frame displayed in the lot at the moment of purchase... your TSR is doomed.
We all understood that. The theory here is how to mitigate against those late deliveries. As a seller, there is basically nothing you can do when your item has been dispatched, you just have to cross your fingers and hope royalmail delivers your parcel on time, in a very small window of time available. If your listing is marked next day delivery or same day dispatch then ebay expect the buyer to receive it within 3 days. So, instead of exposing myself to such risk associated with same day dispatch why cant I extend ebays expectation by another 5 to 10 days where necessary while I still make every effort to dispatch next day. It will be unspeakable for any sane buyer to say they didn't receive item in time frame on an item that is received within 3 days when ebays expectation was actually 10 days. Its easy to contest such TSR
Old 11-11-2015

In theory changing your shipping time sounds good but it will not keep a vindictive competitor from lying about delivery time and without tracking to dispute that lie you would have a problem.
Old 11-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempusfugit View Post
In theory changing your shipping time sounds good but it will not keep a vindictive competitor from lying about delivery time and without tracking to dispute that lie you would have a problem.
Competitor that dont believe in Karma cause in my world, what goes around comes around and by the way, how many accounts will that competitor have to keep sabotaging others business. The effect will be virtually negligible when you ship volume of goods on a daily basis. It takes 20 sales to write off 1 bad sale. Thus that competitor will need 5 accounts to leave 5 bad feedbacks in 5 days.

Seriously, there will be no business should we be worrying about bad competitor
Old 11-11-2015

That is true and I surely believe in karma!

I sell low volume high profit so I am always thinking about all aspects I guess. I welcome the new defect rules as I always ship quick with tracking so I am just relieved to have the postal systems competency removed from my equation.

Happy Holidays and mucho sales to you!
Old 11-11-2015

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 70%

Simple, ship with tracking. If over 700.00 in value include signature
Old 11-12-2015

Just wait till people experience Argos same day delivery!!!
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This made me giggle a bit.... Isn't it funny how we choose to believe eBay reps when it suits us and absolutely trash them when it doesn't suit us?
Everybody always says that you can't trust eBay reps or PP people because they are just monkeys who are gathered in an office somewhere. Yet, when it they say something that we'd like to be true, we don't have ANY problems repeating what they said.

Chuckles all 'round, thats all.
Old 11-16-2015
Threadstarter  

The premise of this thread by the day is focus on items you don't use tracking for. Like 0.99p ruler, 1.20p DVD. £2 manual and so on. Majority of this items will cost btw 0.36p and £2.50 to ship.

You dare use tracking for them, then its either you sell em at loss or you list them too high nobody will buy em in a million years. So, if you are going to say simply use tracking or ebay rep said this about tracking, try and understand what this discussion is all about.
Old 11-18-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Keep calm everyone.

No need for tracking on every item. Just ship in your stated time, adjust the delivery time if you need to. You have a 9% threshold to adhere to. 4% for top rated. This is easily achievable. There's lots of wiggle room there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (11-19-2015), Play (05-21-2016)
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 88%

I've just changed dispatch time on many of my listings to two days because of this bollocks, my rating for arrival time defect was at 5%.
Old 11-26-2015

I send all items tracked, so don't care, as if another retarded buyer will start crying about late delivery, I will provide tracking to EB, and they will remove such defect. As they clearly stated, only dispatch time matters, and if the item got lost inside RoyalMail, it is not seller's issue anymore.
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
I've just changed dispatch time on many of my listings to two days because of this bollocks, my rating for arrival time defect was at 5%.
I changed mine too to 3 days but on a second thought yesterday I am beginning to change them-everything to 5 days. If you are not happy with delivery time then dont buy from me. Better safe than sorry
Old 11-26-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
I. As they clearly stated, only dispatch time matters, and if the item got lost inside RoyalMail, it is not seller's issue anymore.
Waaaaaaat