What is the ideal number of 'keeping customer informed' messages ideal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default What is the ideal number of 'keeping customer informed' messages ideal

Per transaction what is the ideal number of messages: for me

1. at point of sale ....thank you for buying......

2. at despatch....your item has been despatched

3. Post delivery...Hope you liked your purchase...request feedback...come back soon

is this too much/not enough
does it work
does it help to avoid negative fb
can some buyers be put off

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: What is the ideal number of 'keeping customer informed' messages ideal

That looks pretty good to me.

You could sweeten it up by including a personal small thank you letter in the actual shipment. Maybe give them a google voice # to be able to text you 24/7 if there are any issues. They will most likely contact you before going through Amazon if they're given the opportunity =)
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
xhan (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: What is the ideal number of 'keeping customer informed' messages ideal

I couldn't think of a worse idea to be honest.

When you mark the item as dispatched they get an automated message, that is enough Imo.

Anything else is just asking for trouble.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
aking (12-01-2015), dan_ebay (12-01-2015), dranzerr (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 88%

I don't request feedback - asking for trouble. remember NO feedback equals a positive, a successful sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to luverlyjuberly For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Ebay sends customers automated messages when the order is placed and when the order has been marked dispatched. Not really sure why you would want to send more than that.

I recently purchased a second hand cheap phone on ebay for one of my stealth accounts as the previous one broke. Within 24 hours of purchasing, the seller had put me on a mailing list for 2nd hand phones without my permission. I now get 3 spam emails a day from this seller. I asked politely via ebay messages to be removed from their mailing list but the request was ignored. The seller has since been given a negative.

Maybe not totally related to your enquiry but my point is, if you bombard customers with emails and messages, it can sometimes backfire.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 12-01-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmono View Post
That looks pretty good to me.

You could sweeten it up by including a personal small thank you letter in the actual shipment. Maybe give them a google voice # to be able to text you 24/7 if there are any issues. They will most likely contact you before going through Amazon if they're given the opportunity =)
I like this text idea, needs testing
Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 88%

I think you can edit the automated messages - if that's of any help to anyone.
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Ebay sends customers automated messages when the order is placed and when the order has been marked dispatched. Not really sure why you would want to send more than that.
Agreed

ebay sends 'automated' impersonal messages to registered email inbox,

The messages i am considering go to the ebay messaging account.

In my experience i have noticed when i send these 'soft' messages i dont necessarily get glowing feedback, however if there is a problem i get a message first first to resolve rather than buyers immediately going to the formal route, bottom line is what are other people experiencing, because actual experience/dats is valuable.

I also agree that about overkill, perhaps just one message at despatch?
Old 12-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Within 24 hours of purchasing, the seller had put me on a mailing list for 2nd hand phones without my permission. I now get 3 spam emails a day from this seller.
Holly crap-balls I hate being put on a spam list! I've been put on several and all were phone sellers! I don't know why these sellers assume I want to get daily emails but it bugs the hell out of me.

Quote:
Maybe not totally related to your enquiry but my point is, if you bombard customers with emails and messages, it can sometimes backfire.
Completely agree, I usually reserve any personal messages if someone is having an issue.....then I roll out the red carpet.

I use to send out "soft" messages but didn't ever see a big difference in positive feedbacks.
Old 12-01-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I'm constantly unsubscribing to every email , I have every email I use for stealth accounts all in my iPad mail, so I feel everyday I'm deleting at least 100 junk emails.

And when u unsubscribe and go back on the site, whatever site that is , they all start coming in again.

So, eBay sends automated messages and updates to each customer , no need to add on to that, it definitely becomes very annoying and will upset some buyers.
Old 12-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up Re: What is the ideal number of 'keeping customer informed' messages ideal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

So, eBay sends automated messages and updates to each customer , no need to add on to that, it definitely becomes very annoying and will upset some buyers.
makes sense
Old 12-01-2015

Longevity: 62%

0 would be the ideal number for me personally
Old 12-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

I don't send any extra messages other than the automated ebay and paypal messages. I dont think anything else is needed.
Old 12-02-2015

Usually its just the chinese sellers that send those annoying follow up messages. Whenever they do, i never leave feedback because i feel like there too needy.