(UK)Looking for phone number to get account verified?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-17-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default (UK)Looking for phone number to get account verified?!

Hi there all mates,

I am new here and would like to learn more from all you here!

I am intending to setup an new ebay and paypal account, but have difficulty to get my telephone number for verification!

I already read a lot of relevant threads on this forum, but still not sure which call forwarding service I should pick, which one still works well on account verification??

I really appreciate if you guys could share some information and any clues on any cheap virtual phone number provider, call forwarding service working well in UK?! You can reply to this posting or send me a private message!!

Thanks again, and best wishes to all your business!

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2009

Longevity: 89%

Tamar works just fine, I've used it in the past. Also voipfone is a good way to go if you can get it to work. I persevered with it and got a couple of accounts done but it can be a bit hit or miss. Look in the Voip thread and you should see the info.
Old 01-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybod View Post
Tamar works just fine, I've used it in the past. Also voipfone is a good way to go if you can get it to work. I persevered with it and got a couple of accounts done but it can be a bit hit or miss. Look in the Voip thread and you should see the info.
Thanks so much, tommy, quick reply!

Yes, Tarmar is good option, but it looks like pay monthly phone number. It would be expensive to maintain couples of phone numbers for multi accounts, I think!

So, any pay as u go option? I don't think they would be calling back randomly once your account get setup and verified, correct??

Anyway, thanks again for reply, and hope we share more in future!

Cheers
Old 01-17-2009

Tamar is pay monthly, as is voipfone for a local coded number, but both can be cancelled, there is no contract, so just use them to get through verification, then cancel them down.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommybod For This Useful Post:
Ebayrover835 (01-17-2009)
Old 01-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

whilst Ive never been contact by ebay, it is still possible for them to contact you after verification at any time.
Old 01-17-2009

Longevity: 92%

Tommybod,
Are you sure that that there is no contract with a phone number from Tamar? It says in the FAQ on their website that the minimum contract is 12 months?
Old 01-17-2009

now there are many cheaper better options to tamar

the only problem us uk peoples are having is the bank problem the rest of it is all sorted

only if there is a quicker way to open bank new bank accounts
Old 01-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardiscentral View Post
Tommybod,
Are you sure that that there is no contract with a phone number from Tamar? It says in the FAQ on their website that the minimum contract is 12 months?
Yes, I did see it, but not sure how it works?!

any people using Tarmar has managed to cancel it whenever after get verified??
Old 01-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayrover835 View Post
Thanks so much, tommy, quick reply!

Yes, Tarmar is good option, but it looks like pay monthly phone number. It would be expensive to maintain couples of phone numbers for multi accounts, I think!
So, any pay as u go option? I don't think they would be calling back randomly once your account get setup and verified, correct??
Anyway, thanks again for reply, and hope we share more in future!

Cheers
Tamar is a good option even for mutliple numbers. You get a discount for having more than one number.Tardis is correct about the cnxl policy. Try asking their customer service for a deal. Suggest maybe looking at their geographical numbers.Local numbers, 0845 numbers and 0800 numbers from Tamar Telecommunications. If you are running more than one account, you have to factor in these costs. Have said in other posts, that I keep ALL my phone numbers active. If my account is up and selling, I am making money, money pays for phones but more importantly keeps ebay away from annoying me

There is also yahoo which has a phone service for the UK, which might be another option.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-17-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

GB- just out of interest, how often has ebay contacted you on various accounts,
I am currently keeping numbers but on older accouns Ive let them lapse or cancelled them, so what would you do if they contacted you by email saying couldnt reach you, would you just give them anoth goegraphical number and be oK?
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

4 out of 6 accounts. Only ever had two lapsed numbers which were sorted as you suggested. Was not email contact but letter. The old bat Auntie kept the letter for about a week B4 letting us know. Luckily I had access to the postal address After that episode, the phones are active.
Old 01-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardiscentral View Post
Tommybod,
Hi, yes sorry forgot to say, you can contact them and give all sort of reasons if you need to cancel, they were ok with me. I see some other posts though that suggest either asking for a deal upfront, or alternatively just keep the accounts going. I personally am just going to keep my accounts with voipfone going now, its a small price to pay, only £1.99/month for a good contact number for ebay/paypal.....well worth it.
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Oh ok, now Im worried! Its a letter they send, thatll blow my stealth cover on some of my accounts. Ive amended lapsed landline ones with mobile number, is that ok?
I was planning to buy a landline as and when I was asked. Ive got way too many accounts to keep a landline on, even at £1.99pm!
Any advice?
Old 01-18-2009

I don't know as its never happened to me yet, but if they try to contact you through your registered phone number and fail, would you not get an email, or at least have visibility of the contact failure when you log into your account. I don't think they could just limit your account without following all avenues to get in contact. The postal service is not the most reliable in the world so it would be a bit harsh to limit you in anyway if they never received a response to a letter that was sent. Surely they would see activity on your account and try and contact you through that if the letter failed. The point is, from what I can gather, it doesn't happen very often after you initially set up, if it does is it not down to listing from a different PC that doesn't have any ebay tracking cookie, so can be avoided. If you can't justify 1.99 a month for each account, maybe you can just wait and see, if you get a quick enough heads up from a message that they are looking for you, you can always go and add a number and tell them what it is. Alternatively the voipfone numbers, you can definately just cancel at any time. In fact they still stay on your account in a de-activated state ( I'm not sure for how long), with a re-activate button beside them. This may well be a better option, as if you find out they have tried and failed to contact you, you can just re-activate the number and tell them to try again. After all, how many people genuinely change their phone numbers, I would think that everytime we inform ebay/paypal of a change of number it would set up some sort of flag, and if you do it too often I would imagine it is only asking for trouble. I only have a few accounts at present, so the cost is not high for me, I am trying to make more, so I may have to relook at it later, but I can see that with multiple accounts like some people say they have here it could be a bit of a problem.

Last edited by tommybod; 01-18-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

thanks tommybod, that bit about cancelling then being able to reactivate at a later time is a great piece of info in itself for the forum.
Old 04-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

someone posting elsewhere just reminded me, Ive got a line with tamar, supereasy but getting too expensive like you say for multiples. Checking though can you really just cancel a number and keep it on hold for a while?