New UK member - advice needed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default New UK member - advice needed

Hello All,

A brief introduction first of all.

I had a main business account on eBay for over 10 years, which I used on and off for selling various goods. About 5 years ago, I moved house and opened another account at the new address with the same other details like name and bank. Unfortunately I made a mistake of buying goods from China which were of low quality, so I had lots of returns, complaints, cases, etc. I wasn't wise before, so I tried to cling on to all the money I could and avoid giving refunds. To cut a long story short, that account got suspended permanently, and I gave up on my eBay selling ventures.

About a year ago, I moved back to my old address, and started using my long established account. This time I was more sensible, and started selling original refurbished mobile phones, and all was going well for the last 1 year, sales were going really well, and then BOOOOM.

I got an MC122 e-mail from eBay telling my account was suspended because it was linked to another suspended account. The other account in question was of course the one which got suspended 5 years ago. I replied to the e-mail and got no where. So I ended up calling them about it, the nice lady said she would call me back by the end of the day to see what they could do for me. No call received so far, and that was last week. So after reading this forum, I gather it's unlikely I'll ever get this account back, so I've decided to stop crying over spilt milk, and carry on regardless. I was just surprised that it took them 5 years to make the connection.

My PayPal account has remained unaffected in all this, and my personal eBay account with same and address is also still open. As a precaution I withdrew most of the money from my PayPal account anyway.

I am now getting ready to open a stealth account. And I have a couple of questions.

1. With regards to a prepaid gift card, will eBay and PayPal accept the pre-paid Visa debit card which you can buy from high-street stores like Boots?

2. With regards to user accounts on the computer. I use a MAC, will creating a new user account on a Mac keep the cookies separate like it will on a Windows PC?

3. Is there an easier way to get a new IP address every time I turn on my computer than having to reboot my router?

Thanks in advance for your help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: New UK member - advice needed

1. Yes they will accept this, make sure you register it in the details that match the account so it passes the AVS.
2. Yes new user is ideal - if you ever wanted to use portable browsers that is an idea further down the line but keep it simple for now.
3. Yes you can buy a VPN IP fresh which is unique to each account from 24vc.com - lots of members use it here

Go stealth, you will never look back.

Dont sell counterfeits or copyright infringing goods.
Pay your seller fees on time
DO NOT scam people as none of the above are what stealth is about. It's not to hide your identity whatsoever, as you can be traced VERY easily back to your front door.
Old 12-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 48%
Default Re: New UK member - advice needed

Hi Callidus,

Many thanks for your response.

And yes, I don't scam people, I'm a genuine seller and have been for a while. I had 1853 positive feedback at 100%. It's just that my past came back to haunt me. Thanks for your advice.