new to the forum, some help and advice :) uk ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-30-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default new to the forum, some help and advice :) uk ebay

hello everyone.

i was recently banned from ebay due to my seller rating being under a certain percentage. i won't go into the ins and outs but cut a long story short it wasn't my fault. i operate my business from home and obviously ebay generates a big percentage of my income. so a bit of research and help of the internet led me here. I'm just after some advice for a new member. i have a lot of stock at home worth thousands which is just sat there obviously i want it back on ebay generating income. realistically, how long would it take me to get back onto ebay?. I've read up and learned quite a lot of information i didn't know from this forum. i will share with you some of the steps i realise i have to undertake to get back onto ebay, and some of the steps I'm really unsure about. new stealth address, i will need to open a new bank account and a new paypal, new phone number and phone. different emails of course but read google mail isn't a good option? i will have to operate from a new user on my mac. the main concern for me which i think will be time consuming is getting a new ip address every time which to be honest I'm not a huge fan of taking note every time i log on. I've seen that people can use a dongle to get around this as it refreshes it each time? and i realise i have to change the mac address? or is the 24vc something i should consider?
I'm wondering if this is all actually covered in the stealth guide to be honest as i just want to get back on ebay straight away, but without rushing it, which i know is a crucial step, i am willing to take it as slowly and as with as much precaution as possible. i know there is a lot of other steps to take and i am actually looking at buying the stealth guide I'm wondering is it a one off whole payment or is the stealth guide a monthly fee? I'm a bit confused at looking at the page where i go to purchase it.

all help is appreciated guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: new to the forum, some help and advice :) uk ebay

Spacing the post helps read it better!

Too jumbled.

realdeals (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Ah....OK.... Seems this is you too?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...lp-advice.html

Going on the quoted thread, can you use THAT address for a new stealth account?

If the IP is different, was it ever used with the banned accounts?

More questions, but if you do not mind replying to these, we can get going.

Pa1ace (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016

Longevity: 54%

Agree GreenBean.

Soon as I clicked on the thread I thought that reading it looked like too much hard work.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016

Longevity: 56%

step 1. Open new bank accounts, RBS,BOS,Natwest are my favourites as simple to open more accounts online. Better to get a business account if you can, I've had a few banks shut but was putting quite a bit of cash through.

step 2: Make sure your internet is dynamic so you can reset the IP address.

step 3: Make new user account on your pc

step 4: buy high limit account/s from marketplace with paypal limits lifted

step 5: do some browsing on high limit account

step 6: buy or make more lower limit accounts, start selling pretty much straight away. Most of the sellers will tell you not to use the account for a month or so but its never normally a issue, I've had less than 5% banned listing straight away, think thats a standard amount to lose regardless of when you list.

step 7: You either need a legit address to add to the ebay for returns or you'll have to get people to send back to your own address through messages, I've not had a issue with this personally. Or you can just refund them anyway if you don't get many returns.

step 8: Rinse and repeat until you dominate atleast half of the first page of search results for your popular items.

step 9: Get a small warehouse and someone to do your packing for you.

step 10: Thank ebay for banning your account as you're now making 10x more with 10-20 accounts

step 11: Get someone else or the 'packer' to look after things while you go traveling round the world and just spend a few hours a day listing and sending them the orders. Disregard the UK and say goodbye to income tax. All while you still saving a lot more $$$ than you spend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (01-30-2016), perfect30 (02-03-2016)
Old 01-30-2016
Threadstarter  

guys,

im really sorry about that i will space it all out next time!

yes that was me! regarding that address i really don't want to use it to be honest as my friend owns that unit and i wouldn't want to jeopardise his ebay in any way :/.

regarding my internet, I'm not really clued up on technology so I'm not sure what dynamic means :( I'm on virgin media internet wireless broadband router, I'm worried about the ip address stuff to be honest! i just can't get my head around having like 10 accounts haha i would love to though!

i could get a legit address for the ebay returns I'm assuming this is the stealth address?

thanks for the fast replies guys
Old 01-30-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa1ace View Post
guys,

im really sorry about that i will space it all out next time!

yes that was me! regarding that address i really don't want to use it to be honest as my friend owns that unit and i wouldn't want to jeopardise his ebay in any way :/.

regarding my internet, I'm not really clued up on technology so I'm not sure what dynamic means :( I'm on virgin media internet wireless broadband router, I'm worried about the ip address stuff to be honest! i just can't get my head around having like 10 accounts haha i would love to though!

i could get a legit address for the ebay returns I'm assuming this is the stealth address?

thanks for the fast replies guys
google 'ip checker', check what your IP is, switch the router off for 30 seconds, put it back on and see if its still the same.
You don't even need 10 accounts if you don't want to, can easily put £4-5k through each after a couple of months (personally do it straight away almost bit I'm a bad apple).
Its not that difficult after a few weeks of practice. Just different user account and IP are the main things, not like you'll even get banned if you accidentally have the same IP a few times unless you're really unlucky
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (01-30-2016)
Old 01-30-2016
Threadstarter  

thanks dan, you sound like you have a lot of knowledge on all of this. to be honest my main worry is actually the ip and getting everything linked.
like you say its going to take a lot of practice i just need to try and get my head around how everything works. I'm just out in a coffee shop at the moment so ill try it when i get back home.

I'm assuming that every day when you want to go on ebay that you have to unplug the router and keep track of the address? and that the 10 accounts would be under different users on the mac or the same? theres so much info to read. id definitely be happy with putting that much through each account after a few months. ebay have really stung me for no reason.

i keep reading stuff about a mac address and cookies on the computer swell I'm assuming thats ebay keeps track of you on that also :|
Old 01-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

To set your mind at ease now, Pa1acd, MAC address is not tracked. You can move away from that worry!

Off for mah first coffee, so shall come bqck to reply?

Btw, do you support Crystal Pa1ace in the Premier League?

Pa1ace (01-31-2016)
Old 01-31-2016
Threadstarter  

so i have to do nothing with the mac address? i hope its easier to actually set it all up than it actually sounds haha.

would vmware and 24vc be something that i should be considering to make sure i don't have to worry about my ip address when I'm using ebay?

i dont support palace haha I'm a manchester city fan, i just couldn't think of a username and i had a t shirt in my cupboard by palace so i thought, why not try that haha.
Old 01-31-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ebay do not as yet test for shared mac, as far as we know.

ip, just go for a normal broadband or mobile provider, no need for VPN
GreenBean (02-01-2016), Pa1ace (02-01-2016)
Old 02-01-2016
Threadstarter  

okay great. so you wouldnt reccomend i get vm ware or 24vc for now?

i currently have virginmedia superhub and im trying to google how to change the ip adress of this, and from my findings, some people say that you can? theres also some info about clearing dhcp leases but am i going to far into it?... Changing IP address on Virgin Media Superhub - The Linux Community Forum

guys thanks for finding the time to reply to me, i really appreciate it.
Old 02-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Read through this thread and you will be able to change the IP with VM
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 49%

For getting online I recommend this

Buy Vodafone 3G Pay As You Go Mifi at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Mobile broadband.

A Mifi router which includes 2GB of data valid for 30 days. After 30 days just buy another Vodafone preactivated data sim with 1/2GB on it and it's good to go again. Works out about the same as a proper VPN service but is IMO much much safer.
The Following User Says Thank You to stealhbayer For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (02-03-2016)
Old 02-01-2016

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Read through this thread and you will be able to change the IP with VM
I uses this system and run it on Fedora23 Linux.

I run a linksys cisco PAP2, 2 line Voip telephone terminal as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to arktech For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (02-03-2016)
Old 02-02-2016

Longevity: 52%

Step 11 is what we all need!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
step 1. Open new bank accounts, RBS,BOS,Natwest are my favourites as simple to open more accounts online. Better to get a business account if you can, I've had a few banks shut but was putting quite a bit of cash through.

step 2: Make sure your internet is dynamic so you can reset the IP address.

step 3: Make new user account on your pc

step 4: buy high limit account/s from marketplace with paypal limits lifted

step 5: do some browsing on high limit account

step 6: buy or make more lower limit accounts, start selling pretty much straight away. Most of the sellers will tell you not to use the account for a month or so but its never normally a issue, I've had less than 5% banned listing straight away, think thats a standard amount to lose regardless of when you list.

step 7: You either need a legit address to add to the ebay for returns or you'll have to get people to send back to your own address through messages, I've not had a issue with this personally. Or you can just refund them anyway if you don't get many returns.

step 8: Rinse and repeat until you dominate atleast half of the first page of search results for your popular items.

step 9: Get a small warehouse and someone to do your packing for you.

step 10: Thank ebay for banning your account as you're now making 10x more with 10-20 accounts

step 11: Get someone else or the 'packer' to look after things while you go traveling round the world and just spend a few hours a day listing and sending them the orders. Disregard the UK and say goodbye to income tax. All while you still saving a lot more $$$ than you spend
The Following User Says Thank You to richie2065 For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016

Longevity: 48%

Definitely some usefull tips.

Regarding the IP you can also consider phone tethering (or the MiFi). I use it myself, got a monthly bundle of 10 GB. Everytime I set my phone on airplane mode it changes IP. Only takes a matter of seconds and gives me a new IP address every time.

The downside is that you use a unique IP every time instead of a Static IP.
The Following User Says Thank You to perfect30 For This Useful Post:
Pa1ace (02-03-2016)
Old 02-04-2016
Threadstarter  

thanks everyone for the advice. i have been reading about the dongle method as well. i realise there is so much to read through and make sure everything is up to scratch before actually selling so I'm trying to do as much reading as i can as i aim to be selling on ebay around may.

james, I've read your guide on how to change the ip address for my virgin media router. my question is once it has been changed to the new ip address. and I've set up a new stealth account ect ext, will i be able just to operate ebay as normal and will that ip address remain the same forever? i have in mind that i would just like to open up my mac and log into ebay just as i used to before they banned me :(

regards