How do you guys deal with posting - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default How do you guys deal with posting

Hey guys

Browsing through the forums I'm surprised at the amount of stealth accounts people are running and the amount of money passing through the PayPal accounts. I'm assured with the level some of you guys are at you will have the answer to some of my questions and problems, so any help will be much appreciated.

1 - How do you deal with the quantity of post? Most of my items are large letters and the local post office were helpful enough to provide me with the grey Royal Mail sacks but seemed quite annoyed when I came through there daily with 1-2 sacks full. I resorted to dispersing all my packages in a few local postboxes which is actually quicker and easier but on expansion will be impossible. So do you guys pay for the service were Royal Mail comes to your address and collects?

2 - I want to upgrade to an inventory management system which allows you to use PPI but was wondering how this works for multiple stealth accounts? Can you use your real details to get an OBA with Royal Mail and use this with all stealth accounts? If so how can you prove your eligible? I tried to sign up with one of the stealth accounts and was told the address doesn't match the postcode. I felt quite a fool and closed the chat
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: How do you guys deal with posting

Why don't you just print off your own postage labels through PP and then just hand over the bags of mail to the PO staff
You can sign up for collection through RM from your house - the issue of stealth accounts doesnt come into the equation
Old 05-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi
Thanks for the response, I'm currently using a Royal Mail account to print off labels but that hasn't the efficiency of PPI with the use of an online business account. I'm wondering how people manage this with stealth because I'm not sure of the requirements (they don't state them on the site, the only option is to ring them) but don't see how you will be deemed eligible when your not spending any money in your real name.
Old 05-20-2016

Longevity: 47%

We run stealth and use PPI through Royal Mail Online Account (OBA)
No problem running one alongside the other, we use the one account for EB, Legit Amazon, Legit Website & Phone, you get a discount on OBA as well.
If your credit rating is not good they'll want you to have a prepaid account.

We take 3 - 5 bags daily to our local PO, it's a main office but I understand some sub offices get a little upset as they don't get anything for handling them.
Old 05-20-2016

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich74 View Post

We take 3 - 5 bags daily to our local PO, it's a main office but I understand some sub offices get a little upset as they don't get anything for handling them.
I had this issue with a couple of post offices who think they do not get paid for handling prepaid paypal postage would you believe.

Some post office do not give correct certificate of posting for recorded signed for special delivery and tracked and signed etc . They just did what they call a speedy bulk and scanned the barcode and gave a barcode receipt. They should input parcel details into the system so that the parcel has post office royal mail insurance cover. Speedy bulk none input items have no post office royal mail cover=.

After complaints to Post Office and royal mail both contacted the post offices concerned and advice and retraining given. Post Office royal Mail say Post Offices are paid for all services that happen in the post office.

PS I was sent a One4all gift card for £20 as goodwill. Ironically i could not use this one4all giftcard for post office goods but could use it online to buy amazon vouchers. with amazon voucjhers i bought postage wiith parce2go.

Last edited by arktech; 05-20-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich74 View Post
We run stealth and use PPI through Royal Mail Online Account (OBA)
No problem running one alongside the other, we use the one account for EB, Legit Amazon, Legit Website & Phone, you get a discount on OBA as well.
If your credit rating is not good they'll want you to have a prepaid account.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this information. Just to clarify you signed up with an OBA with your real details? How exactly does this work because it appeared to me that you needed an established business spending a lot on postage; are you saying you just need a good credit history and they will allow you an account? I'm guessing this can be used with multiple stealth accounts as eBay will never see how you are purchasing your postage right?

Thanks again
Old 05-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

Yes you need your real details for Oba ring them up and u will get call back from royalmail they normally ask £5000 spending in past 12 months just simply say yes u done this through post office paypal etc I don't think they ask for proof and they will take your details and send you form to full out once u send it back they will open it up for you account, for collection of need to spend £15000 on postage with royalmail and they will do free collection or pay 1700 charges don't think they doing PPI anymore they forcing customers to use dispatch manager but once you account setup ring the team and ask for PPI number make any excuse and they will give u over the phone!!
Old 05-20-2016

I use pitney farnking machine...hopebto change to ppi soon....do ppi giving discount for bulk sellers
Old 05-20-2016

Sorry not ppi..royal mail
Old 05-21-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

OP - Regarding PPI (if im not mistaken), you should be able to use a order management system that collects all your orders from all stealth accounts, and use that management tool to print your PPI based labels.

Someone might chime in to tell you if this works or not, but I am sure that would be fine.

Sorry to hear your having problems with the Post Office, their service has declined tremendously. I guess there's a lot of competition with postage nowadays.
Old 05-21-2016

Longevity: 56%

Post Offices HATE Click and Drop PRepaid parcels, especially smaller ones.

IU switched to this after using Drop and Go because they were not posting the parcels out the same day, causing late deliveries. Soon as I switched, they became the most horrendous and horrible people to deal with.

They dont get paid persay to handle pre paid parcels, but its in their Post Office contract to do it.

They were so nice when they were taking 3 grand a month off me, but after that, they were like the neighbours from hell on a Channel 5 documentary. I do have sympathy for them, the Post OFfice is screwing them pretty badly, but they are rich enough to have a million pound house and two AMG Mercedes, they aint that hard done to
Old 05-21-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post

IU switched to this after using Drop and Go because they were not posting the parcels out the same day, causing late deliveries. Soon as I switched, they became the most horrendous and horrible people to deal with.

They dont get paid persay to handle pre paid parcels, but its in their Post Office contract to do it.

They were so nice when they were taking 3 grand a month off me, but after that, they were like the neighbours from hell on a Channel 5 documentary. I do have sympathy for them, the Post OFfice is screwing them pretty badly, but they are rich enough to have a million pound house and two AMG Mercedes, they aint that hard done to
You have literally just described my experience with the Post Office.
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post

If you spending £3000 Per moth why don't u get free collection from RM?
Old 05-22-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
If you spending £3000 Per moth why don't u get free collection from RM?
My own reasons.