How high can your selling limit get to on a stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default How high can your selling limit get to on a stealth account?

I was thinking about purchasing some "high limit" stealth accounts with 1000/15k capability, but this still isn't really enough for me. I'm looking to sell items which have lots of variations, so a single listing could use up 100 items from the 1000 limit on these accounts. I can't see how it would be feasible to operate 50 or so accounts to get to a moderate level of individual listings, so...... how realistic/ is it possible for the selling limits on these accounts to go above the 1000 cap? If it is, how long would it take as an estimate presuming the accounts are being run well?

Last edited by stealth2104; 05-20-2016 at 07:52 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: How high can your selling limit get to on a stealth account?

You can now sell up to 1200 items and up to £ 45200.00 a month.
Another account - You can now sell up to 750 items and up to £ 23570.00 a month...
Many more accounts roughly on this range. I don't exceed beyond this. If I need more, I move onto another account.

The limit IMO is the sky. However the more your hitting such high limits, the more your at risk of losing these accounts. Having played it safe, I never lose these accounts.

Last edited by Play; 05-20-2016 at 08:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
stealth2104 (05-21-2016)
Old 05-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

it is not a good idea to list this volume on a brand new account from day 1.
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
You can now sell up to 1200 items and up to £ 45200.00 a month.
Another account - You can now sell up to 750 items and up to £ 23570.00 a month...
Many more accounts roughly on this range. I don't exceed beyond this. If I need more, I move onto another account.

The limit IMO is the sky. However the more your hitting such high limits, the more your at risk of losing these accounts. Having played it safe, I never lose these accounts.
Thanks for replying, so what you're saying is selling approximately 1000 items a month is the limit to avoid putting an account at risk? This is unfortunate to hear, since as I say the items I'm looking to sell have lots of customisability, with each customisable option taking a slot from my allowance, i'd need a really really high number of accounts to get even a moderate amount of listings.

Is there any other way?
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
it is not a good idea to list this volume on a brand new account from day 1.
Thanks, so if I purchase an account from the stealth marketplace for an account with say a 1000 item limit, I couldn't look to start maxing out close to the 1000 from the start? What would a safe number of sales be to get started with an account carrying that kind of limit?
Old 05-21-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth2104 View Post
Thanks for replying, so what you're saying is selling approximately 1000 items a month is the limit to avoid putting an account at risk? This is unfortunate to hear, since as I say the items I'm looking to sell have lots of customisability, with each customisable option taking a slot from my allowance, i'd need a really really high number of accounts to get even a moderate amount of listings.

Is there any other way?
I treat all of my accounts like gold dust. So they tend to stick around. That also means being extra careful with them. I limit about 1,000 items sold a month per account.

Of course you can go beyond that, and beyond that even more, but the more your selling on each account, the more risk your adding.

What are the value of each of these items?
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

There is no roof to the limit increases you can get on stealth accounts.

Hit the limits and the increases keep coming.
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I treat all of my accounts like gold dust. So they tend to stick around. That also means being extra careful with them. I limit about 1,000 items sold a month per account.

Of course you can go beyond that, and beyond that even more, but the more your selling on each account, the more risk your adding.

What are the value of each of these items?
The range is £5 to £12
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
There is no roof to the limit increases you can get on stealth accounts.

Hit the limits and the increases keep coming.
Hi James, thanks for replying to my post, coincidentely you're actually one of the sellers I was thinking of buying from . On the 1000 limit accounts you sell what kind of increases would I expect to get with the assumption I was running the account perfectly? and have you/do you know people who have managed to sell at limits above 1000 without having the accounts shut down eventually?
Old 05-21-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Hi James, thanks for replying to my post, coincidentely you're actually one of the sellers I was thinking of buying from . On the 1000 limit accounts you sell what kind of increases would I expect to get with the assumption I was running the account perfectly? and have you/do you know people who have managed to sell at limits above 1000 without having the accounts shut down eventually?
Its more about the VAT threshold.

You start selling high volume, with high price tags, your account will be subject to further acount manager scrutiny by PayPal if you hit VAT amounts.

You cant rush accounts, and there is no 'set' amount of increases, it depends on lots of factors inc returns, feedback, time to answer questions, type of items.

The selling limits are not normally an issue, you can buy them big, but you cant sell that big for many months.
Old 05-21-2016

Quote:
If you keep hitting 1000 sales, it will increase, no doubt. So long as customers are kept happy.

With the value of your items, should be no concern, seems safe.

Just tread carefully. Spread the sales (even if its a challenge). Consider investing in a high performance computer + VMware + 24vc - so you can simultaneously manage multiple stealth accounts at once.
You should be able to run about 5 to 10 machines at the same time. So the 50 accounts you plan to run wont seem to difficult.

Have an order management system in place, so you dont have to login to each account too often.

Finally, make sure these aren't high risk items, or you put these account at jeopardy of going down, which defeats the hard work your going to put in.

Last edited by Play; 05-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.
stealth2104 (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Its more about the VAT threshold.

You start selling high volume, with high price tags, your account will be subject to further acount manager scrutiny by PayPal if you hit VAT amounts.
I'm looking to sell high volume low cost, not going to register any of the accounts for VAT and going to make sure to stay below the threshold.

Quote:
The selling limits are not normally an issue, you can buy them big, but you cant sell that big for many months.
So even if the account has a high limit, I shouldn't be looking to max out the limit as much as possible from the start?

Quote:
If you keep hitting 1000 sales, it will increase, no doubt. So long as customers are kept happy.

With the value of your items, should be no concern, seems safe.

Just tread carefully. Spread the sales (even if its a challenge). Consider investing in a high performance computer + VMware + 24vc - so you can simultaneously manage multiple stealth accounts at once.
You should be able to run about 5 to 10 machines at the same time. So the 50 accounts you plan to run wont seem to difficult.

Have an order management system in place, so you dont have to login to each account too often.

Finally, make sure these aren't high risk items, or you put these account at jeopardy of going down, which defeats the hard work your going to put in.
Thank you so much, really helpful info. Good idea on running the accounts through VMware, I didn't think of that, would save me a lot of time(and stop me from going mad from hearing the windows Login sound )
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

1000 items a month is no big deal at all.

Stealth accounts is the same as non stealth accounts. Offer a good product and service and you will have no problems.
Old 05-21-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Stealth accounts is the same as non stealth accounts.
Strongly disagree with this statement. Whilst the difference may be subtle and unnoticeable to a general stealth user, it does exist. But offering a good product and service is definitely the way forward.

OP - Staying below VAT threshold is a good idea for each account. But make sure you pay any VAT due when combining all accounts/figures, or your just opening yourself a can of worms.

Also dont worry too much about the quantity your selling. Focus more on the figure being sold. Yankee is a big time seller, he might be able to give you better advice than me on this topic.

Last edited by Play; 05-21-2016 at 02:35 PM.
stealth2104 (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:

OP - Staying below VAT threshold is a good idea for each account. But make sure you pay any VAT due when combining all accounts/figures, or your just opening yourself a can of worms.
I thought running the accounts as separate businesses would mean I wouldn't have to pay VAT even if my overall combined turnover from all accounts eventually reached > 80k overall! So is that not possible then? Doesn't E-Bay need to know your VAT number when you become VAT registered and wouldn't that risk linking the accounts?
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

eBay doesnt need to know your VAT number no

HMRC do not like people running different businesses to try to avoid VAT. They are well aware of the trick
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Play (05-21-2016), stealth2104 (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
eBay doesnt need to know your VAT number no
That's good at least

Quote:
HMRC do not like people running different businesses to try to avoid VAT. They are well aware of the trick
Bah, thought it was too easy So is there no way around it, VAT is a must with >80k turnover?
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Best to talk to an accountant RE how to minimise VAT rates
Old 05-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Best to talk to an accountant RE how to minimise VAT rates
I might do, or just accept the full hit on my profit margin. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Strongly disagree with this statement. Whilst the difference may be subtle and unnoticeable to a general stealth user, it does exist. But offering a good product and service is definitely the way forward.

Also dont worry too much about the quantity your selling. Focus more on the figure being sold. Yankee is a big time seller, he might be able to give you better advice than me on this topic.
I retract seeing as this is a UK post but in the USA, an EIN account is the same as any other account if not better. Sorry for not being specific and inaccurate.

Last edited by yankee; 05-21-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I retract seeing as this is a UK post but in the USA, an EIN account is the same as any other account if not better. Sorry for not being specific and inaccurate.
Thats why its in the Uk section!

You have your own :P