tips to stop courier leaving with neighbour? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default tips to stop courier leaving with neighbour?

This is courier issue not royal mail.

so I have started working part-time, due to having bought in to a start-up and I need to go to meetings and put some office work in, I am away from home 3 half days a week typically and I do not always know which ones til day before...

the deliveries that concern me are small orders regular orders, when someone orders from me, I ship from supplier to myself, not direct to customer, maybe 5-10 packages a day.

I used to be home 90% of the time, so got most of my packages. My neighbours took in a few, just like I do for them sometimes, but I do not want to get on their nerves, as it is obvious it is business post not personal.....

they cannot leave in a porch or garage, as I do not leave those unlocked when I am out for security reasons.

can couriers come back? they are lazy.

can you put instructions on package/address - do couriers take any notice?

Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: tips to stop courier leaving with neighbour?

Talk to the courier and tell them to not leave it with the neighbour

A lot of time these days you can enter your tracking details on their website and then select that option online to not leave it with a neighbour.

If you know roughly how long it takes most the time for an item to be delivered then the best thing to do is to order the item knowing that chances are it will be delivered when you are at home.

You could also look at a rented mail box
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 55%

Lots of storage facilities around these days oompa, maybe worth your while to look at renting one of those, some if not most of those can accept incoming deliveries I believe, would seem to possibly be an option for you then you could use that address to get your incoming items delivered to and collect them when you are able to. Bit more work for you but gets round bothering your neighbours and also keeps your items securely stored.
Old 06-13-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Some couriers will deliver to your local shop. Ups for example. I know parcelforce leave parcels are your local post office.

I'm sure other couriers have similar setups. Youre best speaking to your local courier. I've managed to arrange a good setup with my interlink courier that suits us both if I am not home. So it's possible
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 59%

Best option is to put a note on your door, laminated, saying not to leave with neighbours.

They aren't lazy. They could be 5 miles down the road after a few hours, how are they going to come back to you because you weren't in? It's not a drivers fault.

Either rent a storage unit (big yellow storage etc) will take parcels and keep at reception for you.
Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Po Box is a nice secure option I figure - have to just make sure courier delivers to the po box...
Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

UK couriers delivering to a PO box?

In what dream world?

Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

no I do not mean lazy really, I mean they will not re-deliver, they want to do the job right then, so leave with neighbour, even though no instructions to do so.

no, I am not paying for a mailbox for this issue - it is not worth it cost-wise, plus it is hard to pick up from my local MBE one, as it is a wardened area...time-wise, it would not work out.

I have the number for a couple of regular couriers, I do not mean those ones, I mean the ones that have different guys each time, so you cannot speak to them....

thinking about it actually, it is only maybe a handful of problem packets a day
but these still add up..some are personal purchases too...

what about amazon personal purchase? I have prime so can get next day for those, but some prime do not turn up next day, and some purchases are not prime, so do not apply............plus the guys that drop them off cannot be spoken to as they are all different ones like headless chickens that throw parcels at me when I open door...

mmm amazon might be my biggest headache.....my family buy about 10 things a week from them hehe....plus I sometimes buy stuff to re-sell there...we are talking maybe 1-2 packets a day just from amazon....
Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
no I do not mean lazy really, I mean they will not re-deliver, they want to do the job right then, so leave with neighbour, even though no instructions to do so.

no, I am not paying for a mailbox for this issue - it is not worth it cost-wise, plus it is hard to pick up from my local MBE one, as it is a wardened area...time-wise, it would not work out.

I have the number for a couple of regular couriers, I do not mean those ones, I mean the ones that have different guys each time, so you cannot speak to them....

thinking about it actually, it is only maybe a handful of problem packets a day
but these still add up..some are personal purchases too...

what about amazon personal purchase? I have prime so can get next day for those, but some prime do not turn up next day, and some purchases are not prime, so do not apply............plus the guys that drop them off cannot be spoken to as they are all different ones like headless chickens that throw parcels at me when I open door...

mmm amazon might be my biggest headache.....my family buy about 10 things a week from them hehe....plus I sometimes buy stuff to re-sell there...we are talking maybe 1-2 packets a day just from amazon....
Can't be done anything about amazon its worst service, even fba Order if they leave on safe place and customer ring amazon its not delivered they simply issue refund rather then any investigations
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 66%

accuse the neighbour of stealing a parcel and they will stop accepting parcels from the courier
Old 06-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by arktech View Post
accuse the neighbour of stealing a parcel and they will stop accepting parcels from the courier
But she is friends with her neighbours - your suggestion has no benefit to it but make the neighbourhood atmosphere worse...
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 59%

Amazon is the easiest problem to solve. They offer locker and various shop pick up options.
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post
Best option is to put a note on your door, laminated, saying not to leave with neighbours.

They aren't lazy. They could be 5 miles down the road after a few hours, how are they going to come back to you because you weren't in? It's not a drivers fault.

Either rent a storage unit (big yellow storage etc) will take parcels and keep at reception for you.
Yep, note on the door, had similar issue
Old 06-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I mean they will not re-deliver, they want to do the job right then, so leave with neighbour, even though no instructions to do so.
A lot of them these days are self employed and get paid per delivery so they want to deliver and move onto the next package.

Quote:
It would cost like £20 a month or so. Pretty cheap really. Thee are lots and lots about, chances are there is one within an easy drive of you

You could also just buy a secure drop box for your own house which would solve your problem pretty nicely
Old 06-14-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
It would cost like £20 a month or so. Pretty cheap really. Thee are lots and lots about, chances are there is one within an easy drive of you

You could also just buy a secure drop box for your own house which would solve your problem pretty nicely
I was thinking of a large secure drop box, except what happens for mail that requires signature? hmmm...
Old 06-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post

Risky to do as it suggests noone home.

Might invite a burglary.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
But she is friends with her neighbours - your suggestion has no benefit to it but make the neighbourhood atmosphere worse...
It was tongue in cheek
Old 06-15-2016

Have them delivered to your workplace
Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

thanks, I have decided on the az lockers, they are everywhere, petrol stations, local shop...easy parking...plus I can buy a crunchie bar to sneakily eat.......

Royal mail knows to redeliver.

UKmail can be contacted as they text you...but awkward if out for deliver, but the redeliver anyway

myhermes is fine, I have the mobile number and they redeliver.

yodel, UPS..I can follow tracking - they are the twankers to contact though....could be a problem,

parcelforce, I have their local depot number but they cannot do anything once out for delivery, but they do redeliver anyway.....
Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I had the same exact problem when my little one started nursery- I had to pick him up just when the UPS/DPD courier was delivering items to my house.
Luckily for me, both drivers were really nice and frienly with me and I spoke to them about the problem and we just agreed that they'd come when I was home.
Before we spoke, they always picked up/droped off parcels at my house between 11:00-11:30 but after we had a chat and I told them what my problem was they were super nice and said that I actually saved them time and energy- Otherwise they would have to wait, knock, write up a notice and take the parcel back.
We agreed that they'd visit me 30 minutes later and everything worked like clockwork after that.

Always worth a try with your local couriers, they are just humans.
Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post

Always worth a try with your local couriers, they are just humans.
Unless they work for Y o d e l.

Known fact they are ex ebay employees, aka monkies!