Hello and MC113 suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-12-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Hello and MC113 suspension

Hi, I've been a member on the forum a while and picked up quite a lot from hours of searching through the old posts and forums.

I've had a few stealth accounts over the years and can usually work out why or when they get closed, and a couple that were OK under MP too.

But the last couple of months I've tried to set up a couple of new "Back up" stealth accounts and got the MC113 suspension within an hour of posting a first item for sale.

Method I've been using succesfully so far that has just failed was:

New user account on seperate Laptop (new user for each new account)
Connect through USB dongle, new IP each time.
New PAYG sim > phone number for each account
New Outlook email
New ebay personal account opened
Spend a couple of days browsing (building cookies) adding things to basket and buying a few random low value items.
Then list a low value low risk singe item, last one was some 2nd hand kids toys (specifically a small bundle of LEGO), 99p start 7 day auction.
Added bank account (used Pockit on the last one, previous fail was using a CooP savings account though).
Item listed but in about an hour it was removed and I got the MC113

Now the only things I can think of that may be the problem are that I do have a PayPal that was limited using the same email, but I haven't linked it in anyway to this ebay account so not sure if they cross corrolate like they used to before MP?
Second thing is using Pockit bank (technically a prepay card). But have had similar outcome with a CoOp bank savings account too.. but there may have been something else with that one too.
Third, I did use a stock photo of the LEGO how it looked built, but just as reference, but other photos of item all new self taken etc, and not had issue with including reference photos from stock before.
Or a combination of the above.

Any thoughts or comments welcome

Last edited by Shantung; 07-12-2022 at 09:39 AM. Reason: typos
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Hello and MC113 suspension

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Feels like LEGO might be too high risk as a first sale, even if low price
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Shantung (07-22-2022)
Old 07-20-2022
Threadstarter  

"Feels like LEGO might be too high risk as a first sale, even if low price "

Yes didn't think of that, I was just thinking old toys but from a "Genuine LEGO" point of view I guess it'll be a higher risk as there's probably people trying to sell LEGO compatible bricks etc which pushes the risk up. I'll try again with something a bit more mundaine
Old 07-21-2022
Executive [VIP]

Agreed Shantung - avoid that brand as a first sale
Old 07-25-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantung View Post
Hi, I've been a member on the forum a while and picked up quite a lot from hours of searching through the old posts and forums.

I've had a few stealth accounts over the years and can usually work out why or when they get closed, and a couple that were OK under MP too.

But the last couple of months I've tried to set up a couple of new "Back up" stealth accounts and got the MC113 suspension within an hour of posting a first item for sale.

New Outlook email
Spend a couple of days browsing (building cookies) adding things to basket and buying a few random low value items.
Then list a low value low risk singe item, last one was some 2nd hand kids toys (specifically a small bundle of LEGO), 99p start 7 day auction.
Added bank account (used Pockit on the last one, previous fail was using a CooP savings account though).

Now the only things I can think of that may be the problem are that I do have a PayPal that was limited using the same email, but I haven't linked it in anyway to this ebay account so not sure if they cross corrolate like they used to before MP?
Second thing is using Pockit bank (technically a prepay card). But have had similar outcome with a CoOp bank savings account too.. but there may have been something else with that one too.
Third, I did use a stock photo of the LEGO how it looked built, but just as reference, but other photos of item all new self taken etc, and not had issue with including reference photos from stock before.

The problem here is the 99p starting bid they really need to put this in the stealth guide as so many people make this mistake I lost 15 accounts and on most accounts I listed for 99p it’s a red flag.

Best banks for stealth is savings accounts which reject Direct Debit HSBC, Halifax and Santander’s savings account really good for stealth accounts.

You don’t have to browse and I wouldn’t recommend buying anything on the accounts. Just leave it for a month open sellers list used item 7 day auction with postage included so not free postage.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
Shantung (07-28-2022)
Old 07-25-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

New Outlook email

LEGO = one of the riskiest brands on the planet.

Stock photo of LEGO = they'll nail you for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Shantung (07-28-2022)
Old 07-28-2022
Threadstarter  

HI all, thought I'd give a little update...

So I've tried a couple more new accounts since changing one or two things..

1st retry Same process as above...
New user account (Win10) MS Edge Browser
New SIM (Vodafone)
New eBay account (Personal) real details (friend/family)
New IP (Vodafone 3G dongle... different SIM to that used for phone)
New email (outlook)
Opened account and browsed various topics etc for a little while.
Logged on day 2 and added item (Notebook and Pen set I had lying around), New, 7 Day auction, 99p start
Attempted to add Pockit bank (prepay card) matching details in friend/family name... said that bank was not supported ( although when I'd done it previously using my Pockit account it had allowed it).
30min later ban... tried appeal told it was perminant :(

2nd retry common denomenator now the Pockit account... so retry same steps as above but upon getting to add bank clicked wait until sell. Item listed, 30 min... ban :(

Then followed a few days research... and the pointers from "samspalace" and his very helpful post on avoiding Reactivation and tempory suspensions.
So things I checked on, IP address correlation to location, but with a mobile dongle it only registers UK so that seemed OK. Then looked into other ways of tracking and confirmed that MAC address can't be seen by ebay (or any other external web location) but did read up more on Canvas fingerprinting and installed an addon to spoof the fingerprint from my account. The addon also flags when a website is scanning and recording your fingerprint and eBay definatly does at various points (when adding address and phone number, when first entering account details.. name etc and then at various points when you first list to sell).
Now I looked at browser, Historically and on my "real non-stealth accounts" I use Firefox with auto delete cookies and history etc in place. This from the stealth guid is not good as you want to be building some cookies etc to look normal, so for stealth and ease of implimentation I've been using MS Edge (which as an aside I found is built on the same structure as Google Chrome and when you do a Device check it flags as Chrome). One thought I had though was, and being a bit paranoid was there some share files that could possibly leak accros windows accounts (probably not) but went back to Firefox and keeping cookies. Next I also came accross suggestion regarding email provider, I've always used outlook, which has never been a problem and again don't think is but read a few people suggesting to use Gmail so switched to that instead.

So attempt #3:
New user account (Win10) Firefox Browser
New SIM (Vodafone)
New email (gmail)
Logged on day 2 and added item (Used paperback book), Used, 7 Day auction, £1.50 start, buyer pays postage costs
Skipped adding bank until item sells, no need to burn accounts if there is a setup problem
30min later... Tempory restriction, please answer some questions to reactivate...
Very polite chat conversation with CS explaining I was having a clearout at home and was selling some old household items and old clothes. Account reinstated and Used books listing live.

Next stage adding a Bank account, which won't be Pockit I'll update on that in 7 days once the auction finishes.

But just wanted to update give something back and thanks for the input so far.
Old 07-29-2022

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

Quote:
HI all, thought I'd give a little update...

So I've tried a couple more new accounts since changing one or two things..

1st retry Same process as above...
New user account (Win10) MS Edge Browser
New SIM (Vodafone)
New email (outlook)
Logged on day 2 and added item (Notebook and Pen set I had lying around), New, 7 Day auction, 99p start
Attempted to add Pockit bank (prepay card) matching details in friend/family name... said that bank was not supported ( although when I'd done it previously using my Pockit account it had allowed it).
30min later ban... tried appeal told it was perminant :(

2nd retry common denomenator now the Pockit account... so retry same steps as above but upon getting to add bank clicked wait until sell. Item listed, 30 min... ban :(

Then followed a few days research... and the pointers from "samspalace" and his very helpful post on avoiding Reactivation and tempory suspensions.
So things I checked on, IP address correlation to location, but with a mobile dongle it only registers UK so that seemed OK. Then looked into other ways of tracking and confirmed that MAC address can't be seen by ebay (or any other external web location) but did read up more on Canvas fingerprinting and installed an addon to spoof the fingerprint from my account. The addon also flags when a website is scanning and recording your fingerprint and eBay definatly does at various points (when adding address and phone number, when first entering account details.. name etc and then at various points when you first list to sell).
Now I looked at browser, Historically and on my "real non-stealth accounts" I use Firefox with auto delete cookies and history etc in place. This from the stealth guid is not good as you want to be building some cookies etc to look normal, so for stealth and ease of implimentation I've been using MS Edge (which as an aside I found is built on the same structure as Google Chrome and when you do a Device check it flags as Chrome). One thought I had though was, and being a bit paranoid was there some share files that could possibly leak accros windows accounts (probably not) but went back to Firefox and keeping cookies. Next I also came accross suggestion regarding email provider, I've always used outlook, which has never been a problem and again don't think is but read a few people suggesting to use Gmail so switched to that instead.

So attempt #3:
New user account (Win10) Firefox Browser
New SIM (Vodafone)
New email (gmail)
Logged on day 2 and added item (Used paperback book), Used, 7 Day auction, £1.50 start, buyer pays postage costs
Skipped adding bank until item sells, no need to burn accounts if there is a setup problem
30min later... Tempory restriction, please answer some questions to reactivate...
Very polite chat conversation with CS explaining I was having a clearout at home and was selling some old household items and old clothes. Account reinstated and Used books listing live.

Next stage adding a Bank account, which won't be Pockit I'll update on that in 7 days once the auction finishes.

But just wanted to update give something back and thanks for the input so far.
Let us know how it worked out for you
Old 07-29-2022
Executive [VIP]

Goodluck Shantung - update awaited
Old 08-25-2022
Threadstarter  

So update time

Had a bit of a cock up initially, I'd logged into my "stealth PC" the day before adding my listing as the original login and enabled WiFi to do a windows update, which is fine usually. It updated and restarted, I shut it down and forgot about it. I then logged into it the next day as the stealth user to add my item for sale, this went which all went fine as mentioned before, and after the Customer services chat everything was reinstated and all looked good. But I then realised that both my "Real" main ebay accounts had been linked as I use them on my normal internet as I always have, my original personal one for 17 years and the other nearly 4 years. They had both flagged tempory restrictions at the time of my new stalth one. Luckly they both got reinstated after a short chat to customaer services. As they'd been linked I just closed the new stealth one down in good standing and started again. No use risking my main accounts.

Next I repeaded the process as per #3 with a new set of details. Family member with same surname and I've done a variation on first and middle names, basically all went well as last time - with the exception of being asked for ID this time, which I think was because the adjusted name was a little too different to the address check they must do, but that was circumvented by a mildly adjusted document and everything went OK. Item sold, shipped etc. I then added a Nationwide savings account (real details), micro deposits confirmed. Had to wait 20 days I think it was as a new seller for the hold to lift. Which it did yesterday and funds payed out this morning.

Happy Days

I've since started another stealth, same process, worked just as well, no ID request on this one though (Name was a little less different), I've sold some other second hand books and linked a barclays savings account. All is going well on that too and am awaiting the 20 day hold to lift.
Old 08-25-2022
Executive [VIP]

Happy Days indeed - tread carefully, build slowly - best of luck
Old 09-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Sounds like your well on your way. Congrats!