eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   old bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/14925-old-bank-account.html)

beeb 11-25-2009 06:57 AM

old bank account

hi

i have just been suspended from ebay, what a great forum!!

have i got this right?

i need to change my ip address
new email
new phone number (through voipfone)
do i have to scrub my laptop?

i have an old bank account in my maiden name which has never been used for paypal.....can i use this?

not really intending to sell just now...just want to buy a few things

what do i do about my address when buying items?

thanks

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 07:17 AM

Hi, yes sounds like you have the basics.

You need to clear your cookies (including flash) and probably best to clear all your browsing history/temp files/saved passwords/form data while you are at it.... google ccleaner if you don't have any software - it's free and I have had no problems with it.

The bank account should be fine (names don't need to match as I'm sure you have read).

For buying you either need to use an address you have access to (work, family member etc), get a post box/virtual office - there are loads of services on the net. Or email your seller before you purchase and ask if they will post to a different address than the one you have registered with PayPal/Ebay (this is the most undesirable method as it is one often used by scammers).

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 07:28 AM

old bank account

what is the best way to scrub the laptop clean? so there are no traces?

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 07:46 AM

One option is to simply create a new Windows user account and dedicate that to your new Ebay account. The account will be squeaky cleans in terms of Ebay/Paypal with no way of tracking your previous activities.

The other option is to do as I suggested and use some software to clean away anything from your previous activities that Ebay/PayPal can track - I recommend CCleaner!.

You could go the drastic measure of wiping your hard drive and reinstalling Windows but it really isn't necessary.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 08:04 AM

my only problem just now is i want to buy a few things for xmas and dont have an address i could get it sent to.....i have used my mums address before for ebay account and friends are on holiday...but also work all day, is there any other way round buying? not really interested in selling again just now....just need to get back onto ebay

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 10:08 AM

1. Use your work address, if viable, as a delivery address.

2. Slightly alter your home address so that post will still get through but it will not be flagged up by Ebay/Paypal as a previously suspended account address - I have not done this myself but heard that it works. It is matter of trial and error and should be fine for a buying account.

3. Buy a PO Box and use it as a delivery address on Ebay/Paypal - loads of options for this, just have a search on google.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 11:31 AM

i dont work! i would rather it could come to my own address some how, the only other person is my mun but i have used this before for ebay account

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 11:42 AM

then try option number 2..... change the post code slightly, change road to street, add a flat number..... send a test letter to yourself and see if it arrives.....

or limit yourself to buying from sellers who accept payment methods other than Paypal, then you can tell them where you want it sent.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 02:21 PM

one more thing, just now paypal are holding my payments for 3 weeks as i cannot get positive feedback, will i be better waiting until all of this is clear? as i will have to sign in to remove money when cleared

beeb 11-25-2009 02:24 PM

and how long do you need to keep voipfone as it is asking £2.25 per month?

oompaloompa 11-25-2009 02:36 PM

no you can do everything whilst money is on hold, its up to you if you want to wait.

Voip, you can either cancel it and put a mobile or keep it active. If you need to reverify, you can buy another number for a month. Forum advise is to keep number, but if you dont want to pay it, I dont think it matters much..as long as you have an active mobile on there.

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 02:37 PM

If you are only buying then you could bin it off straight away.

If you decide to sell later on best to add a new active number incase Ebay or PayPal decide to contact you.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 02:50 PM

and what about setting up new account again with paypal still owing me money? should i wait until this is all cleared and shut it down before i start on ebay again as i will have to sign into paypal

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 02:57 PM

Just create a new Windows user account for your New Ebay/PayPal account......

That way you can safely switch between user accounts if you have to sign into your old Paypal account to withdraw funds.

Also make sure you use a different IP address to sign into your old PayPal account than the one you use for your new one.

The ebook would help you a lot I think.....

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 03:03 PM

do i just need to unplug my router to change ip? sorry but im getting there!! do you need to open a new paypal account?

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 03:18 PM

If the paypal account you are referring to was suspended or limited or linked to a suspended Ebay account then yes you need a new paypal account.

That's what the bank account you mentioned in your first post would be used for.

RE: IP... yes that can work but it also depends on the equipment and your ISP. To be sure check what your IP is before and after the reboot of your equipment. Lots of IP checking services on the net, just google it.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 03:21 PM

yes but what i mean is do you have to have a paypal account?

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 03:31 PM

No..... it is not required to buy....

but if you are not going to be using paypal why the worry about shipping address....

all you need do is tell the seller where you want it sent when you send payment.

CaptainJack

beeb 11-25-2009 03:37 PM

thats fine, i would rather pay with paypal as you are covered but its just the address thing for getting items sent to is the only thing holding me back from using it

GreenBean 11-25-2009 04:08 PM

Why is your flag Ukraine? Are you in the UK now and come from The Ukraine? Flag is the country where you live :peace:

You seem to have two issues here and if you mix them up, you will have problems. If you have a new buyers account why are you concerned about paypal holds? Does not make sense. Treat these as two different things.
You need to start fresh following what the others recommend.

beeb 11-25-2009 04:15 PM

i am going to run cc cleaner as advised...how do i know if it worked...taking off all that ebay has put on my pc

captainjack1980 11-25-2009 04:37 PM

I think u will find that is the good old scottish flag GB.... unless I am going mad lol

As to further advice I'm to confused now lol.

CaptainJack