Are ALL new uk seller account getting hit with MC010? anybody created a brand new one - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%

056 is ok to register a seller account, up until recently, but it may have changed

Old 05-14-2010

Longevity: 82%

Well that sounds like a loophole they had and have now closed, we all know they don't like voip, non geographical numbers, proxy IPs and PO Boxes.
Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

looks like it,

another thing, i had an account that had an address 50 miles away from a real landline number (a relatives) made years ago, but still going......so now are we saying its gotta be a landline for seller account, then things really have changed ...I dont think voip per se is frowned upon, I made account about a week ago with voip and it is selling its first stuff we speak, it wasnt blocked....

I think a combo of a few things can trigger a limitation randomly, eg vcc/voip/gmail perhaps...

po box are ok especially for business accounts, but remember the limitation ID issue with a known PO box - it cannot be your personal address, there is a chance they will look it up..

VPN, complete no no

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-14-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2010

You'll get suspended with only having a PO Box listed. You must have a bricks and mortar address on your details where buyers can access.

The basic rule is that if you attempt to hide who you really are or where you are located, you will get hit with a suspension. There's a difference between appearing as a new ebayer and attempting to be a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebayer.
Old 05-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

well you dont actually write say po box 17

youd put flat or suite 17

but most po box addresses are searchable is all Im getting at....things Ive come across in my tribulations........
Old 05-16-2010

Longevity: 80%

I've recently been hit by MC010 when creating new accounts too... However one of my accounts (which was created two weeks earlier survived).

The only thing different between those accounts is that the account that survived was using a live email address... (@live.com) where as the accounts that got the MC010 right away had a gmail address.

All accounts were stealth accounts - VoIP/VCC/new PayPal...

Still trying to get pass this MC010... I'm left with no more accounts... :(
Old 05-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

the mc010 account, what card did you use virtual or real? and was it a gmail email?

as UK coven suspected....it may be random or may be a combo of stealth factors, eg. vcc or gmail etc or a bit of both, it seems no one thing is to blame.....but it may be best to try and vary account creation methods...
Old 05-16-2010

The cards were VCC, and both accounts that recently got the MC010 were using gmail address...
Old 05-16-2010

When hit with MC010, is creating a new account the only solution?

For the documents that ebay requires, can I submit special documents to them to get the account reinstated?
Old 05-16-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Guys what you must realise is depending on the items you sell, the value and times scale that you sell these items, no matter what you do and how you do it the MC081 or the MC067 are inimitable
Lets not act surprise and shocked, let’s not try to avoid hitting these, best is to be creative and supply the docs they want.

@ Jimaters I have been hit with 3 of these notices in the last 2 weeks on 3 accounts, all details were supplied and accounts released within 24hours.

Just supply what they want and you will be ok. Like every other organisation eBay has policies but at the same time they want to make money. Always cover your tracks and they will always let you trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsters View Post
hi, here is the details of that uk account getting suspended

first email was this:

MC067 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Cancelled

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your item(s) have been ended due to a restriction on your eBay account. Any fees associated with these listings have been credited to your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We will send you a separate email containing further details of the action taken against your account.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust and Safety

then right away two of the same email as below:

MC081 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more before we reinstate the account.

Please understand we're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". For more information, open a new browser window and paste this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) Proof of name
2) Confirmation of your registered address
3) Proof that the item/s you listed are in your possession

You can find out more details on the types of acceptable documents, as well as how you can upload your documents and here:

eBay Requests for Proof of Identity and Ownership of Items

Please be assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them.

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

they didnt get the email which asked for the phone call verification like the other accounts did.
Old 05-16-2010

Can I ask what kind of documents you submitted for:

1. Proof of name

2. Proof of address

3. Proof of items

Do you blank out all personal details? Also, do you use your real details?

And lastly, how did you submit the documents? Upload or fax?
Old 05-16-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Be creative as proof of items never sell anything u don't have in ur possession
Old 05-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

yes I was unlimited too after calling them and then re-submiiting docs, they didnt reply to initial faxes (whats new...)
Old 05-17-2010

The account that you had reinstated... Was it a stealth account or real account?

I'm still rather confused about what documents to send. Any advice?
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

stealth - you need to edit
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

what difference does it make if its a gmail email or not?
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

we are thinking maybe there is a stealth points system in place, where if you have accounts set up in stealth method, it could trigger MC if too many factors, so dropping gmails, at least initially may be an answer for example..it may just be random though, we dont know exactly
Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Scammers and Stealthers tend to use similar email providers. Taking this into consideration: if there's a recent round of scams reaching peak activity or other sinister accounts being created and many of them use gmail, ebay and paypal would consider a temporary increase to the threat level on new accounts using gmail. If that is so, it will soon pass.

There are many sinister accounts created for various purposes other than outright scams and stealth. I won't detail even a short list here. However, I do know that a small organization has been elevating their sinister endeavors. They might be using gmail to create 1000's of ebay accounts in rapids succession every day for an extended period. It might be happening right at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (05-29-2010)
Old 05-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

hi.
i didnt use gmail on any of my account that went down. i used yahoo and another free one.

has anybody got any updates?
surely people have created a new private or business seller account in the uk over the past few weeks and not been taken down.

just to add, all my accounts went down straight away as soon as an item was listed. none of the items i listed were hot items or vero items in the slightest.

also, what do you guys submit to ebay when they ask for docs?
i can understand sending a "special" invoice and proof of address or utility bill, but what do you use for ID? they ask for passport, drivers licence etc so what do you use? do you send in a "special" version of your passport and if so does this work?
do ebay keep a record of the passport no, your photo and your name etc?

and if the account is stealth, how do you send in proof of id?

thanks
Old 05-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

if you read some other posts, it seems maybe the problem with you was flagging due to your location perhaps, I havent made a new account in last few weeks but I did lift the limitation,

a special version, whatever you want to call it, it has to be matching ID to account, do they keep arecord, you have to assume they do, probably not of the photo though, just the data....