Are ALL new uk seller account getting hit with MC010? anybody created a brand new one - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 04-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Are ALL new uk seller account getting hit with MC010? anybody created a brand new one

hi

ive created 3 new uk seller accounts and 2 got hit with an MC010 straight away after listing an item for sale (non vero) and one went down straight away saying due to security measures or something.

has anybody created a brand new uk seller account in the last week or so and not had an MC010 warning when listing an item for sale?

id like to know if its something im doing or if its happeneing to everybody now.

the only thing im doing different than normal is that im on a honk kong ip address, where as normally im on a uk ip address because i do live in the uk.

just to add, other legit accounts can be logged into fine (partners account, friends account etc) from hong kong and there doesnt seem to be any problems but these are existing account, not new ones.

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2010

Longevity: 86%

last one i created got asked for full verification including invoices, i tried fax over internet which didnt work, have now posted them info to ireland but am not holding my breath, its looking like only business sellers can create new accounts now
Old 05-05-2010

Longevity: 83%

Opened an account about a month ago, listed an item earlier.

20 minutes later MC010 email and suspended account!

Also happened when i opened an account and listed an item straight away (kind of expected but it was time sensitive so worth a go to avoid binning it)
Old 05-07-2010
Threadstarter  

i got a family member to open an account in the uk
they opened it, listed an item and got suspended right away, they didnt even get the mc010 phone verification email.

there must be a way around this?
how can you regsiter and start selling if they do this every time.
something must be triggering it, or does it happen to everybody?
Old 05-08-2010

Longevity: 93%

Hello,

I am not having any problems with MC010 messages at all on the ebay & paypal verified accounts I have been using on non vero items.
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

happened to me recently, first time ever, seems they are more likely right now - real pain...luckily I had some back-ups that were much older that I activated instead, worrying about new accounts though....
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Wow, I'm glad I already obtained mine long ago. I wonder what the underlying problem is.

Are they in fact trying to prevent individuals? Could it be due to brand new account creating a listing immediately?

Have any of you created an account, then waited a few days before listing?

I'm willing to create a fresh UK account to help investigate, but the more I know in advance, the better I can put my brain on experimenting.
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

well the one I did, was pretty immediate, I do it paypal first then ebay, and then I listed it within 3 days normally, never had prob before, and doubt its a linking issue, cos Im an old pro at avoiding that...

just a few non-brand items, to start it off to get feedback mainly....

For your UK account, what ip do you use, since you are in the states, VPN? When Ive made foreign accounts, Ive always gone over to the country of origin..
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Do you suppose it might be due to a new PP, not so much the ebay part?

What I mean is that ebay knows PP is new account, so they might be suspicious of the quick actions?

I normally make Paypal accounts and stash them for a long time before I make the ebay account. Or I make the ebay account and let it sit for a while then make a new paypal.

Sometimes, I do both in a very short time. But not often.

Any comments on this?
Old 05-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@vicvelcro, read in the subscribers area about the MC010. It's happening in the USA, Australia.
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Well hmm...

I've recently created a few extra accounts here in the US. Using old stash paired to new mate. Also using both accounts created new on the spot. No problems for me. Made a few in Feb. 2 in March. 3 in the last week of April. Am about to make at least one more within the next 14 days. If I have a problem, I'll be picking it apart with tweezers to see what might have gone wrong. I will definitely report back if it goes pear shaped. If it goes well, I'll try to remember to post back here.
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

A question for jimsters in re post #1

Why are you using a Hong Kong IP address if you live in the UK and creating UK accounts?

I smell carp and trout.
Old 05-09-2010
Threadstarter  

im using a honk kong ip because im over in hong kong for a while.
i live in the UK but ive been over in hong kong for a good few weeks and will be here for another good few weeks.

ive not used a VPN or proxy because ive read here that its a bad idea because all the ip addresses are blacklisted anyway?

ive used my hk ip to create new accounts and they all went straight away. some i turned into a seller account right away and they went down, one i left for a few days then turned into a seller account and it went down, and another one went down right away without even turning it into a seller account. i tried personal seller account and business seller accounts, it didnt make a difference.

my partner has an older account which is working fine even though its being logged into from a hk ip address, and i also have an older one that is working fine being logged into from a hk ip.

i assumed the problem was that i was using a hk ip and making a new uk account, so i got a family member back in the uk to who doesnt have an account to create a new seller account and theirs went down straight away so its not just my ip that is causing the problem.

the only thing that was common on them all was the phone numbers were free voip phone numbers (all different numbers though).
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

The problem is that you are making a new account from HK IP. There is nothing you can do while you are in HK.

You need your family member to make the account but they must use a different phone to verify.

IPs get blacklisted, you know. So do certain gift cards and VCCs. Phones get blacklisted too.

Have your family get the right IP, a good card, and a proper phone. When all is right, you should be fine.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

hi

my family member did not previously have an account.
they get a new ip every time they sign onto the internet.
they live in the uk

they signed up with real info, a real physical card, everything was real with legit info. the only thing out of the ordinary was they used a brand new voip phone number (never been used before) to verify the account which worked fine. it was only when they listed a non vero item for sale that it got taken down.

there is something going on. i can understand it happening to me using a hp ip, but not to a brand new fresh account with real info in the uk.
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

Yes. Very strange. That is what I am trying to help solve.

I do believe we know the problem you are having.

I think the problem with your relative is still caused by the phone used. It might sign up fine. But then when an item is listed, the ebay system might back-check and then refuse.

I may be incorrect with my idea. Is there anything else you can think of that maybe you forgot to say?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
jimsters (05-10-2010)
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

hi
i appreciate your help.
no there is nothing else i can think of really. the only thing that is sort of out of the ordinary is the voip free tel no. however i have used these in the past with no problems, and also verified old buyer account into seller accounts recently with the same type of number. all details used were correct and it was a real credit card issued by a real bank.

im starting to think its some sort of new policy.
i tried listing a few different types of standard items all non vero but it didnt seem to make a difference.

the only thing left is to try and create an account using a land line that hasnt previously been used when im back in the uk and see if that works, however ive got a feeling it wont.
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsters View Post
i got a family member to open an account in the uk
they opened it, listed an item and got suspended right away, they didnt even get the mc010 phone verification email.

there must be a way around this?
how can you regsiter and start selling if they do this every time.
something must be triggering it, or does it happen to everybody?
if that account got suspended at once, they should have got some notice. Do you know what it was or can you find out please?
Old 05-11-2010
Threadstarter  

hi, here is the details of that uk account getting suspended

first email was this:

MC067 NOTICE: eBay Listing(s) Cancelled

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your item(s) have been ended due to a restriction on your eBay account. Any fees associated with these listings have been credited to your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We will send you a separate email containing further details of the action taken against your account.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust and Safety

then right away two of the same email as below:

MC081 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended.

*Why did we suspend your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more before we reinstate the account.

Please understand we're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered in the eBay User Agreement under the heading "Abusing eBay". For more information, open a new browser window and paste this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

*Here's what you should do now:

Please send us all of the following information and we'll review your account:

1) Proof of name
2) Confirmation of your registered address
3) Proof that the item/s you listed are in your possession

You can find out more details on the types of acceptable documents, as well as how you can upload your documents and here:

eBay Requests for Proof of Identity and Ownership of Items

Please be assured that eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care. We always destroy documents after we've reviewed them.

*What happens next?

Please allow three days for us to review your account after we have received your documents. We'll then contact you via email. Your account will remain suspended until we receive and review these documents.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to your response so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

they didnt get the email which asked for the phone call verification like the other accounts did.
Old 05-11-2010

Longevity: 82%

What phone service did you use and what did the code begin with?
Old 05-11-2010
Threadstarter  

i used a free voip phone service in the uk
the phone no started 056
Old 05-14-2010

Longevity: 82%

056 is the UK code for cyberpsace. That's your problem...it doesn't have a geographical code. Register a new account using a code which matches your UK address. I recommend soho66.