Mc081 cit & mc011 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 01-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Unhappy Mc081 cit & mc011

HELLO! I found an ad on gumtree about a part time job as a seller assistant on
eBay. The whole deal sounded perfect and there where nothing telling me
that they would fraud me because I was supposed to keep the money until
the buyer received the item and I received positive rating. I felt so
stupid and naive when I got the mails from eBay that I'm suspended.
I have learned my lesson now.
The assistant job included to list items on eBay, receive payment, send "company" address of the winner, receive positive feedback and THEN keep my part and send the rest to them. Only listed two items for less than 2 h and both listings+another of my personal listings where removed and I received e-mails from eBay.
I would never take a job like that again and I totally understand
why I got suspended. I just needed an extra job and no harm is done. I've had my account since 2005 and mostly buy items, never been late with payments to ebay nor seller (have never let it exceed more 24h from invoice).

This e-mail came: MC081 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement - they wanted me to fax pieces of information. I did!
This e-mail came: MC011 Important Message from eBay's Fraud Investigations Team
Your ebay account has been suspended and will not be reinstated.

You were recruited online to list items. These items are fraudulent. You did not have any certain knowledge about your "supplier"
You are involved in a scam. The "job" you think you got is a scheme where you will only lose money.
It appears you fell for more than one of these scams.

The listings supplied by your "recruiter" also contained jpg images which he controlled. He changed the listings without your knowledge, because you listed them exactly as he requested.
The listings were screaming frauds, see

You failed to excercise reasonable care in listing these items, and verifying that the "supplier" is real.

PLEASE DO NOT CREATE OR USE ANY OTHER EBAY ACCOUNT TO LIST ITEMS THAT YOU DO NOT OWN OR CONTROL.

Report the "job opportunity" to the site where you found it.
It is a scam.

The suspension if appealed will be denied.

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Customer support" at the top of most eBay pages.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

H1107

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was 17 January (Monday)
My first thought was that this must be a mistake, so I'm sending all the documents with fax and the information/truth about the "job" and include a big excuse etc.
I receive automatic e-mail replies. I contact eBay on the chat 3 times and feel like I don't get any needed help or answers at all. Just automatic answers that they copy (so it looks like)
I call them and tell them that eBay is misleading me and telling me different things about my suspension all the time and this time the guy advise me to send an e-mail to customer service about reinstate my account and wait on for the reply from the fax I send. I told him that I have got 2 e-mails about the fax already saying the exactly same thing but with different signatures - Sent the fax Monday night, receives "automatic-answer" 18 January early morning. The day after - same message.

Thank you for getting back to us regarding the suspension of your
account "***". Let me clarify this matter further.

***, looking at your account, I can see that there are some
serious policy breaches, so I'm afraid we won't be reinstating your
account.

Please bear in mind that as your account is suspended, you won't be able
to buy or sell on eBay or register a new account. You will still have to
pay any fees you owe to eBay.

You'll find more detail on this under the 'Abusing eBay' heading of the
eBay User Agreement. To read this, please open a new window on your
browser and copy this link into it:

eBay User Agreement

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope I've at
least been able to explain things clearly.

And all other replies is still the same. Like documents request...
I want my account back and thats how I found this brilliant site!

Please help me! Would appreciate if somebody could help me and tell me if I'm going to get a real answer and a chance to solve this whole thing!

Kindly regards Lex

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-20-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: PLEASE keep font and size simi normal
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Whoa reading this after I get back lunch Lex - your choice of font and colour is impressive ha but I will try to provide input later.

In the meantime, other folx will prob chime in.
Old 01-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Haha, I know! Forgot to preview! Looks flashy!
I'm happy for all answers even due I haven't written not clear enough but you can ask me anything
Old 01-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Ok Lex, read your post.

Sorry to hear about your situation but yes, seems like you understood why eB ay did this. I don't know why you would tell them about what happened but I understand you prob felt like they care.

They DON'T sadly - they operate on a basis that it is FAR easier to block sellers regardless of feedback, etc. A risky account = over on the premise that there will ALWAYS be other "good" sellers to replace.

It is a pity that a 2005 account is lost but a lot of us have experience the same kind of action by eb ay. Look forward to your contributions and questions but don't lose sleep on this account. Build new ones with time and good sales.
Now that being said, I am sorry to say that you have virtually no chance with this account. I say this so that you don't waste your time.

You should pick up a copy of eb ay stealth guide + read through the forums. Set up FRESH new accounts (no old info), go slow and spread sales.
Old 01-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they have stated clearly you wont get account back. Do not waste time making new accounts under these details, clean up your computer, read forums and preferably buy the aspkin book and make a new account.

I like the way you are expected to pay all the fees, even though they know you were scammed, or so it seems from the email you posted....how much are fees? very high? Well you are responsible for your own account so you have to pay them, you cannot walk away if they are your real details, paypal will chase you if the fees are more than a couple of hundred..

I am intrigued as to what scam it was, I dont get the part about changing pics, did the supplier change the listing pictures to something different? or was it simply a case of them using YOUR account to sell but they had no intention of sending goods to buyer and would have fled at some point?

the wording from ebay is odd eg. The listings were screaming frauds - but anyway its clear....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 01-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-20-2011
Threadstarter  

rsot: The main reason why I understand them is because they did their job, informed me that I had commit something illegal - which I didn't know was a crime. So I simply told them the truth was because I didn't wanted to get in to any trouble.
I'm Swedish and have only lived in the UK for just over a year. I'm not used to punishment for silly stuff from "highly ranked" who's making you remain in silence and feel like going to get a head split. I have nothing at all to hide.

[Oompaloompa: Here's the funny thing. I have no fees at all to pay! I had my PP (which is not affected) on auto-payment if any bills.

And about the scam. It's impossible to get what they mean with that auto-letter. A lot of bull****. How in the world would anyone access my account just like that when I was by my computer and on the eba y site all the time. I don't get what they wrote... Too much detailed information in some parts like they've actually caught me red-handed.

I used my own account and no one had anything to do with it. I got e-mailed about 2 things to list and the information about the items/one pic for each listing.
Our agreement here was that I handle the money sent to PP and they send the items to the buyer that I provide there address to, I contact the buyer and don't send a penny to the supplier until the buyer receives his/hers item and leave + feedback.
That fraud-message freaked me out! The way it's written... I can't open the link in it either, anyone else who knows what it contains?
Old 01-23-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

eBay screws another one out the PARK!!!!
Old 01-29-2011
Threadstarter  

My account got reinstated yesterday! Just sent them a nice fax (With a home-made coversheet) and less than 24h later I received a mail telling me they've reinstated my account and thanked a lot for the time I put down making the fax HEHEHEHE
Old 01-11-2012

Longevity: 85%

where do you fax these days?
Old 01-11-2012

Longevity: 77%

Lex how did you manage that if they told you they wouldnt reinstate your account?
Old 01-11-2012
Threadstarter  

I put down a lot of effort finding all fax-numbers that existed and information about my suspension. I believe that they somehow decided to make an exception and reinstate because it was very unfair in the beginning and I really tried my hardest to give them proof of that.
This is almost a year ago now, but you can see from what fax-number. Here's the email I received:

RE: Corporate eFax message from "02082922235" - 4 page(s)
From: eBay United Kingdom Customer Support (de.susapp) (uksusapp@ebay.com)
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:08:43 AM

Hello *,

Thanks for sending us the information we requested to reinstate your
account "*". I appreciate the time you've spent in sending your
proof of identity and address for reinstatement.

*, I can confirm that your account has been reinstated and
you're now free to use your account to buy and sell on eBay.

I understanding how frustrating this suspension must have been and I
hope you'll appreciate that safety is our primary concern at eBay.

As always, my goal is to help you with your questions as quickly and
accurately as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding
regarding this matter and wish you continued success on eBay.

Kind regards,

Chloe Nelson
eBay Trust & Safety

------------------------