eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Having to link a verified paypal account to new seller account - requirement (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/3059-having-link-verified-paypal-account-new-seller-account-requirement.html)

mattcafc 02-28-2008 06:28 PM

Having to link a verified paypal account to new seller account - requirement

So whats the way round this then?

Tried to sell on 2 accounts I set up about 2 months ago, and got the global selling message everyone is getting lately. Only chose to sell in the uk etc etc.

I know some guy has wrote a thread on it (but its hit and miss whether it works) and is spamming every thread on the subject to look at his thread :D But has anyone in the UK actually found a way around it when setting up new accounts?

The 2 accounts I tried on are both around 50 days old. Cant link my Paypal, as then the ebay accounts will no doubt end up being linked to old banned ebay accounts.....

powerbid 02-28-2008 07:05 PM

there is no need to link paypal to ebay accounts.. to sell globally .. i have succuessfully managed to list globally by simply entering verified paypal account email address in the auction description.. my ebay acount had 100+ feedback didnt had any trouble..

thelizardking 02-28-2008 08:24 PM

so do you have funds from multiple ebay's going into one paypal?

anotherguy 02-29-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcafc (Post 28334)
and is spamming every thread on the subject to look at his thread :D

Hey, just trying to consolidate all the info into a single thread for ease of understanding.

mattcafc 02-29-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 28379)
Hey, just trying to consolidate all the info into a single thread for ease of understanding.

But, because it works for you doesnt mean it works for everyone. Unless its a sure fire way you shouldnt preach it. Also 99% of people dont want to link their paypal account, as obviously this kills their accounts

anotherguy 02-29-2008 01:39 PM

Where did I say to link your paypal account?? Never do that, thats just common sense. I am not preaching, this is FACTUAL information that works, or maybe you know a better way?

mattcafc 02-29-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 28466)
Where did I say to link your paypal account?? Never do that, thats just common sense. I am not preaching, this is FACTUAL information that works, or maybe you know a better way?

I dont know a better way, hence the topic. Your way doesnt work everytime. Fact

anotherguy 02-29-2008 02:37 PM

Why are you so bitter toward me? Have I wronged you in a previous life? I am just trying to help, thats my only goal.

The FACT is I have had success doing it this way, others have also. Why don't you subscribe to the member's forum and read up? Good luck with your eBay career.

mattcafc 02-29-2008 02:50 PM

Your way doesnt work everytime is the point. I have made 12 ebay accounts today, all the same way mentioned in the original thread and only 3 works as sellers. Just pointing out its not bullet proof and it would be better if someone knows a surefire way.

Stop sweating up because you havent come up with the perfect way

mattcafc 02-29-2008 03:21 PM

And these are some of the fault in your method

1.Having a located I.P in your address area. If you're with a big ISP, for this example say BT, and you live in South London, your I.P wont show up for that address, but for their nearest server area which is Miltin Keynes (making accounts for the server area instead of your own address area doesnt help the problem)

2.Use a prepaid card but not gift card. Prepaid cards work in the same way as gift cards are produced online. There is no way to tell the difference between the two. If gift cards down work, then prepaid cards wont. If prepaid cards work then gift cards will work, and vice versa obviously

3.wait a week before opening account. Doesnt work as I have accounts that are months old, just buyer accounts, try turning them into sellers and still get the same problem

Im by no means having a go at you, and appluad you for coming up with a method that has worked for you. My point is though, the method doesnt always work, and hasnt worked for me on many occassions, so we need to find away that will work everytime. We need to find out what the implementation Ebay has now put into its registeration method that is making this message come up

mantisinc 03-01-2008 08:39 AM

I'm beginning to think it's just a requirement now. It's beneficial for ebay because:

It now means that when an ebay account gets suspended, so does a paypal account. (Not suspended, but means that account can no longer be used with ebay as it was linked to a suspended account). So this stops people easily re-registering with ebay.

It also means that people have to go through the whole process of adding a bank account, which is a strict verification method, for every ebay account they want to sell on.

I think from ebay's perspective, it's great for preventing registrations from suspended users. Or, at least, it makes it a hell of a lot harder.

matt66 03-01-2008 12:56 PM

It does make it harder.
The only thing I can think of is linking several Ebay accounts to the one verified Paypal account.
I've managed 2 in the past, and I'm wondering what the maximum number is before action is taken.
It wouldn't be too bad if you could have, say, 3 rotating accounts.
I mean, who's to say there aren't 3 family members under the same roof, with only 1 having a credit card/bank account ??!

LongMan 03-01-2008 05:45 PM

I'm not sure why does it make it harder? It only takes about 3-4 days to verify deposits into bank account. So you will have to wait an extra week before listing?

thelizardking 03-02-2008 02:28 AM

as soon as you recieve a payment the accounts are linked...

mattcafc 03-02-2008 08:18 AM

So basically the only way around this at the moment is to make a new paypal account with every new ebay account?

mantisinc 03-02-2008 10:38 AM

As far as I can see, yea it is.

thelizardking 03-02-2008 01:03 PM

yes if you want things to go smoothly..one PP for every one EB.

mattcafc 03-02-2008 01:44 PM

Wouldnt you need a new bank account for every new paypal account though?

This is gonna be a killer, as I can open up an ebay account and be kicked off within days sometimes.

I went through 32 accounts in 2007. And have already used 7 accounts this year that are now banned!

Think my ebay days are over?

mantisinc 03-02-2008 02:12 PM

Yea, that was my point matt. For every banned ebay account, one will need a bank account. Opening and closing so many bank accounts is sure going to raise flags under your name.

It's a bit of a problem really.

I REALLY need one of these bank accounts where multiple accounts in that account can be opened...

thelizardking 03-02-2008 02:58 PM

Well having that many accounts go down there's something else your missing..

mattcafc 03-02-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelizardking (Post 28809)
Well having that many accounts go down there's something else your missing..

They go down because I sell vero items

mattcafc 03-02-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 28801)
Yea, that was my point matt. For every banned ebay account, one will need a bank account. Opening and closing so many bank accounts is sure going to raise flags under your name.

It's a bit of a problem really.

I REALLY need one of these bank accounts where multiple accounts in that account can be opened...

Only bank accounts in the UK are ones that allow you to open saving accounts under your main account (Halifax for example)

But then saving accounts dont work for paypal