eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay/paypal.com account for co.uk-which IP to choose? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/33097-ebay-paypal-com-account-co-uk-ip-choose.html)

Ultimate 06-24-2011 07:08 AM

eBay/paypal.com account for co.uk-which IP to choose?

Hello, I am new here. After 1800 100%positive in 6 years-account suspended and I am forced to start with stealth account.

I have questions to experienced users: if I have new verified eBay/Paypal.com account with registered USA address and details, but I would like to sell on eBay.co.uk with this account, which one IP address is more safe for eBay robots-USA or UK?

Thanks in advance!

GrannyT 06-24-2011 01:41 PM

USA
:pop2:

rsot 06-24-2011 01:48 PM

@GTran - what are you basing this comment off of =)

GrannyT 06-24-2011 01:52 PM

The OP is registered with a USA address with a dot com account. Why would someone with a USA address have a UK IP. Raises flags don't you think? Unnecessary risk

rsot 06-24-2011 02:36 PM

Agreed - just the way you stated I was thinking is GTran talking IN GENERAL =)

i3kevin 06-24-2011 03:42 PM

For what reason eBay ban a 1800 100%positive 6 years-account?

Ultimate 06-24-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i3kevin (Post 243035)
For what reason eBay ban a 1800 100%positive 6 years-account?

I had crime accident, and I was in hospital,therefore around 10 items were sent out to buyers delayed. On Paypal was opened 6 claims,-all of them were resolved, but Paypal anyway limited account with info request about identity and bank. ALL info was original, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I sent ALL info to Paypal, but anyway Paypal close my account by " security issues" !

Ultimate 06-24-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 242991)
The OP is registered with a USA address with a dot com account. Why would someone with a USA address have a UK IP. Raises flags don't you think? Unnecessary risk

My worries is about fact ,that I made auction with item location UK, and before listing completed,I got some eBay alert about item location policy warning-something like this-are You sure that You show located item properly?
Therefore I am afraid that it will be not safe- to show "item location UK" with USA IP. Not?

GreenBean 06-24-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate (Post 242844)
Hello, I am new here. After 1800 100%positive in 6 years-account suspended and I am forced to start with stealth account.

I have questions to experienced users: if I have new verified eBay/Paypal.com account with registered USA address and details, but I would like to sell on eBay.co.uk with this account, which one IP address is more safe for eBay robots-USA or UK?

Thanks in advance!

Since you are in LATVIA, you might have problems with an IP.

Since you can not put your correct flag on your account, I'm not so sure of the advice to give.

Why could you not be direct with us?:doh:

'crime accident' :rolleyes:

expiredpeanutbutter 06-24-2011 06:11 PM

well thankfully you are safe and out of the hospital I just hope you do right because all these non-USA ppl selling on USA ebay makes me feel weird. It makes Ebay meaner towards the US sellers

expiredpeanutbutter 06-24-2011 06:12 PM

p.s. If I were you i'd sell on Ebay UK instead

stealthmaster 06-24-2011 09:16 PM

What are you using VPN or VPS?

Ultimate 06-25-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 243075)
Since you are in LATVIA, you might have problems with an IP.

Since you can not put your correct flag on your account, I'm not so sure of the advice to give.

Why could you not be direct with us?:doh:

'crime accident' :rolleyes:

Sorry, I am in Eastern Europe now only for 2 weeks to get well my health, basicly I am on UK, NW9 location and all my selling activity is there,

Ultimate 06-25-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthmaster (Post 243154)
What are you using VPN or VPS?

I use StrongVPN subscription.

GrannyT 06-25-2011 04:02 AM

I do a lot of business with the US but I list on the UK board and select International Visibility. Can only say it works for me.

I do not understand why more people do not try to establish trading partners in the countries they want to sell in rather than use VPN or VPS. One slip can bring the whole thing down.

I have recently started something similar with a seller from China. She was selling on the UK board and now she has stopped and sends product to me and I sell it. She makes money because of the savings in postage etc, I make money because stock costs me nothing and everybody is happy. It's all about doing business and making money

I should say though that there is nothing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero in what we are doing. It's only doing a little bit right now but has huge potential as we get comfortable with each other.

I think once you start playing with the electronic hiding of IPs you are putting another risk factor into the equation, and god knows there are enough already.

GreenBean 06-25-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate (Post 243210)
I use StrongVPN subscription.

Asking for problems.:doh:

Stigger 06-25-2011 05:29 AM

Good sound advice

Ultimate 06-25-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 243272)
Asking for problems.:doh:

Why? StrongVPN is recomennded service for stealth account in many forums and seems in stealth guide too.... Not true?

Ultimate 06-25-2011 06:33 AM

Before confirming listing on eBay.co.uk from eBay.com account and USA IP I have this alert below. Can this be reason for any verifying or limitation from eBay?

Attention sellers:

Item Location!

Please be aware that in accordance with eBay's Item Location Misrepresentation policy, sellers must accurately describe the location from which their item will be sent in the item location field. False, inaccurate or misleading information about the postage location of an item is not allowed on eBay. If you wish to read eBay's Item Location Misrepresentation policy, please click here.

nerukas 06-29-2011 10:16 AM

For how long are you using StrongVPN?

yes they are one of the best, but the question is not in the service provider, but in use of VPN in general. A lot of people doubt VPN is safe for ebay and paypal, no matter that it is an option in stealth ebook.

I am also looking for a safe way to operate the UK account from another country, but it seems like a hard question...
:doh:

GrannyT 06-29-2011 10:23 AM

It is very straightforward but expensive. If you want to operate a UK account from outside the UK you need a UK dial up account. You can dial in from anywhere in the world and you will have a UK IP.

Other than that get yourself a trading assistant.

By all means use a VPN but we keep seeing people who are losing their accounts and it would appear to be the VPN

The point of stealth, surely, is to stay off of EB and PP radar. If the VPN you use is not as hot as you think it is your accounts will be toast.

Other than that move to the UK and operate from there

nerukas 06-29-2011 10:27 AM

Sometimes there are very simple reasons why is it better to use UK or USA account rather than lets say Latvian account.
The main countries that had ebay established a long time ago like UK USA etc they have much more freedom and the services and possibilities of these countries ebay and paypal accounts are much bigger.

For example
Having Latvian paypal account you can not withdraw more than ~400GBP to you credit card in one day.
Also they convert the currency to Latvian currency under awful rates! One withdraw action costs 2euros - for just this move. Also at the end you lose around 2-2.5% of total withdrawn amount because of paypal currency exchange rates.
And the main thing - you can not choose what currency to withdraw the money in.

So at the end you are out of the pocket for some round sum...

Also there are more issues not to mention here, but people are trying to use what is better for them, not just because they want to hide something or that they like that.

I would like to use the country that i am no account too, but it too expensive and too limited services here, so isnt it better to establish a long time UK account with free of any limits services?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 243253)
I do a lot of business with the US but I list on the UK board and select International Visibility. Can only say it works for me.

I do not understand why more people do not try to establish trading partners in the countries they want to sell in rather than use VPN or VPS. One slip can bring the whole thing down.

I have recently started something similar with a seller from China. She was selling on the UK board and now she has stopped and sends product to me and I sell it. She makes money because of the savings in postage etc, I make money because stock costs me nothing and everybody is happy. It's all about doing business and making money

I should say though that there is nothing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero in what we are doing. It's only doing a little bit right now but has huge potential as we get comfortable with each other.

I think once you start playing with the electronic hiding of IPs you are putting another risk factor into the equation, and god knows there are enough already.

Ultimate 06-29-2011 10:29 AM

Thanks for thoughts, but initially my question was about my .COM account which I would like operate on co.uk. for local UK selling .
USA or UK IP to choose?
Now I operate with USA IP but every time before listing confirming I have attention about "item location''( full eBay message in this topic higher)and I afraid that this message will put me under radar? Not?

nerukas 06-29-2011 10:32 AM

In general as far as i understand it does not matter UK USA or Zambia :eek:

If your account is registered in USA with USA street address you just have to have USA IP. And when you list the item you just need to list it with the location where you will be sending it from.
Because if you will lie, and ebay will get reports from some not satisfied buyers that you marked it in UK and sent it from Latvia - then you will have problems. Never lie and you will be safe :)

It will be very interesting if your account can hold with strongvpn services
Will send you a pm, will keep in touch
Im in Lithuania right now ;) so it is not too far from you mate ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate (Post 244784)
Thanks for thoughts, but initially my question was about my .COM account which I would like operate on co.uk. for local UK selling .
USA or UK IP to choose?
Now I operate with USA IP but every time before listing confirming I have attention about "item location''( full eBay message in this topic higher)and I afraid that this message will put me under radar? Not?

GrannyT 06-29-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate (Post 244784)
USA or UK IP to choose?

Are you thinking of saying that the items are in the UK when they are in fact elsewhere? If so that is a no-no for Ebay.

If you are selling into the UK from dot.com you need to state where the item is and the cost of shipping to the UK and estimated delivery time

Ultimate 06-29-2011 10:36 AM

No, no, no! Items, of course is located in UK. But my problem is- I have only .com account, not co.uk. But if I listed from .com accounted registered in USAon co.uk, for radars are better USA or UK IP address? This is point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 244786)
Are you thinking of saying that the items are in the UK when they are in fact elsewhere? If so that is a no-no for Ebay.

If you are selling into the UK from dot.com you need to state where the item is and the cost of shipping to the UK and estimated delivery time

nerukas 06-29-2011 10:41 AM

I believe doesnt matter where you list
What matters is what you told ebay where is your registration address!

GrannyT 06-29-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate (Post 244787)
No, no, no! Items, of course is located in UK. But my problem is- I have only .com account, not co.uk. But if I listed from .com accounted registered in USAon co.uk, for radars are better USA or UK IP address? This is point?

Look, be realistic here. You are in Lithuania, you are operating from a USA address and you want to sell in the UK - in the words of John McEnroe - "You cannot be serious"

People are having a hard enough job keeping accounts going when they are in the UK or USA and you are seriously expecting a solution on an open forum to a complicated issue like that.

OK

First issue - the IP - you are running a dot com account with a USA address therefore you need a USA IP - not a Mickey Mouse VPN or other Tom Foolery - but a USA IP - the only way I know is dial up.

Second issue - You want to sell goods that are in the UK to people in the UK from a USA address. Yes I can just see Ebay standing that from an account with, I presume, no trading history behind it - it aint going to last long is it?

I'm afraid you need to rethink your business plan my friend because this one is going nowhere IMO

Ultimate 06-29-2011 10:49 AM

No, You didn't understand me correctly. Yes, I am in Latvia, my account is .com, but I only operate account from Latvia. Items psychically are based in UK, and are shipped out from UK by my shipping managers!

I worked with my previously accounts as toprated seller 6 years!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 244790)
Look, be realistic here. You are in Lithuania, you are operating from a USA address and you want to sell in the UK - in the words of John McEnroe - "You cannot be serious"

People are having a hard enough job keeping accounts going when they are in the UK or USA and you are seriously expecting a solution on an open forum to a complicated issue like that.

OK

First issue - the IP - you are running a dot com account with a USA address therefore you need a USA IP - not a Mickey Mouse VPN or other Tom Foolery - but a USA IP - the only way I know is dial up.

Second issue - You want to sell goods that are in the UK to people in the UK from a USA address. Yes I can just see Ebay standing that from an account with, I presume, no trading history behind it - it aint going to last long is it?

I'm afraid you need to rethink your business plan my friend because this one is going nowhere IMO

GrannyT 06-29-2011 10:52 AM

Then it is very simple - you need a new set of UK accounts, a UK bank account and a UK dial up connection and you are good to go.

nerukas 06-29-2011 12:06 PM

What about a little different situation:

set of UK accounts with UK IP address controlled from Lithuania/Latvia via Teamviewer? (or UK IP address via VPN, but i know what are you going to say about this)

...but with Latvian/Lithuanian based items. This is normal situation i believe, not causing any problems? Because this way you would not lie about the items location..

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 244790)

OK

nerukas 06-29-2011 12:10 PM

What about teamviewer? Might it be a solution if a friend in UK would have a spare computer for me left for me to operate? :)

Also you said a new set of accounts - that is understandable. Only if you have used your personal name before, is it ok to use it, only with some small mistakes in the name. Like said in the stealth book?

For example if it is Thomas Robertson, can we use Tom Robertson. And the rest information totally different, like address, bank account, etc. P.S. Sort code might stay the same i believe correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 244794)
Then it is very simple - you need a new set of UK accounts, a UK bank account and a UK dial up connection and you are good to go.

GrannyT 06-29-2011 12:18 PM

If you are going to go stealth you should perhaps consider buying a ready made set of accounts. All you would need then is a bank account to attach to them.

nerukas 06-29-2011 02:25 PM

Yes i know this is an option, but then if i will be selling high value items i would need to provide the verification documents like photo ID, proof of address etc.
So it might be a problem with random info account... Dont you think so?

Maybe my personal name is better option, only shortened or with minor mistakes...

GrannyT 06-29-2011 02:34 PM

If you are selling high value items and you want to sell a lot of them then, IMO, you are wasting your time here. You need a very substantial account created and it involves a lot different techniques to those discussed here. And, I would add, a lot more financial investment and committment.

An awful lot of people seem to come on the forum and appear to think that we can create an account, overnight, that is going to enable them to sell hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items and never get looked at.

It doesn't work like that. It can be done but not the way we operate.

If you are selling high value either open lots and lots of accounts or talk to someone who knows how to do it without lots of accounts

nerukas 06-30-2011 08:57 AM

Well i would not think i am wasting my time here. No one in Lithuania would know how to do that, because simply ebay and paypal are not so popural here like in UK or USA. So reading forums and books like stealth book is the best and only way.
Also i was learning only from my experience all the time, so isnt it better to learn from a lot of more experienced or just other experiences?
I would not say that the items i am selling are very high price, but they are not also 50$ items, also not more than 1000 like you said :) But if you sell an item, send it and get a good feedback, do not try to lie to people and have a good reputation, also if you provide all needed docs to paypal, then it was never a problem. The last account i got suspended was because of this new policy - nonperfomance, which i believe is too strict. But what to do. It is and you have to work with that.

No, I do not expect you to create the accounts over night, i am looking only for the information, also sharing the experience that i have plenty of. The information and cooperation is all i need here :)

And with age going up you do not want to sell more and more, sometimes it is better to sell less but at a higher price. To make a more professional adverts etc. I believe you know what i mean.. :)

I also do not want to have lots of account, i would prefer to have one and work on it and not to fluster :) maybe one more as a backup

Cassie 07-08-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 244781)
It is very straightforward but expensive. If you want to operate a UK account from outside the UK you need a UK dial up account. You can dial in from anywhere in the world and you will have a UK IP.

Other than that get yourself a trading assistant.

By all means use a VPN but we keep seeing people who are losing their accounts and it would appear to be the VPN

The point of stealth, surely, is to stay off of EB and PP radar. If the VPN you use is not as hot as you think it is your accounts will be toast.

Other than that move to the UK and operate from there

borra da' GT

How safe is it to use hidemyip.com etc? If they allocate you a USA ip address will this longterm flag up a UK account to ebay. Just wondering?

GrannyT 07-08-2011 12:15 PM

borra da Cassie

I do not believe any of the tricks we use to hide IPs can last for long. It is the classic 'what can be put together by man can be seperated by man'

You pays your money and you take your chances.

Much better IMO to have a UK ip for a UK account or a USA ip for a USA account. There is no need for all this VPN and VPS stuff. Think outside the box and set your accounts up in such a way that you need rarely go on the sites and then a local dial up ip becomes very doable.

KISS - Keep It Simple & Sweet

Cassie 07-08-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 247561)
borra da Cassie

I do not believe any of the tricks we use to hide IPs can last for long. It is the classic 'what can be put together by man can be seperated by man'

You pays your money and you take your chances.

Much better IMO to have a UK ip for a UK account or a USA ip for a USA account. There is no need for all this VPN and VPS stuff. Think outside the box and set your accounts up in such a way that you need rarely go on the sites and then a local dial up ip becomes very doable.

KISS - Keep It Simple & Sweet

Thanks GT

Good advice as always, a dongle it is then

:D