eBay/paypal.com account for co.uk-which IP to choose? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimate
Default eBay/paypal.com account for co.uk-which IP to choose?

Hello, I am new here. After 1800 100%positive in 6 years-account suspended and I am forced to start with stealth account.

I have questions to experienced users: if I have new verified eBay/Paypal.com account with registered USA address and details, but I would like to sell on eBay.co.uk with this account, which one IP address is more safe for eBay robots-USA or UK?

Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

USA
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@GTran - what are you basing this comment off of =)
Old 06-24-2011

The OP is registered with a USA address with a dot com account. Why would someone with a USA address have a UK IP. Raises flags don't you think? Unnecessary risk
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Agreed - just the way you stated I was thinking is GTran talking IN GENERAL =)
Old 06-24-2011

For what reason eBay ban a 1800 100%positive 6 years-account?
Old 06-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3kevin View Post
For what reason eBay ban a 1800 100%positive 6 years-account?
I had crime accident, and I was in hospital,therefore around 10 items were sent out to buyers delayed. On Paypal was opened 6 claims,-all of them were resolved, but Paypal anyway limited account with info request about identity and bank. ALL info was original, not ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I sent ALL info to Paypal, but anyway Paypal close my account by " security issues" !
Old 06-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
The OP is registered with a USA address with a dot com account. Why would someone with a USA address have a UK IP. Raises flags don't you think? Unnecessary risk
My worries is about fact ,that I made auction with item location UK, and before listing completed,I got some eBay alert about item location policy warning-something like this-are You sure that You show located item properly?
Therefore I am afraid that it will be not safe- to show "item location UK" with USA IP. Not?
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
Hello, I am new here. After 1800 100%positive in 6 years-account suspended and I am forced to start with stealth account.

I have questions to experienced users: if I have new verified eBay/Paypal.com account with registered USA address and details, but I would like to sell on eBay.co.uk with this account, which one IP address is more safe for eBay robots-USA or UK?

Thanks in advance!
Since you are in LATVIA, you might have problems with an IP.

Since you can not put your correct flag on your account, I'm not so sure of the advice to give.

Why could you not be direct with us?

'crime accident'
Old 06-24-2011

well thankfully you are safe and out of the hospital I just hope you do right because all these non-USA ppl selling on USA ebay makes me feel weird. It makes Ebay meaner towards the US sellers
Old 06-24-2011

p.s. If I were you i'd sell on Ebay UK instead
Old 06-24-2011

Send a message via MSN to stealthmaster

What are you using VPN or VPS?
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Since you are in LATVIA, you might have problems with an IP.

Since you can not put your correct flag on your account, I'm not so sure of the advice to give.

Why could you not be direct with us?

'crime accident'
Sorry, I am in Eastern Europe now only for 2 weeks to get well my health, basicly I am on UK, NW9 location and all my selling activity is there,
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthmaster View Post
What are you using VPN or VPS?
I use StrongVPN subscription.
Old 06-25-2011

I do a lot of business with the US but I list on the UK board and select International Visibility. Can only say it works for me.

I do not understand why more people do not try to establish trading partners in the countries they want to sell in rather than use VPN or VPS. One slip can bring the whole thing down.

I have recently started something similar with a seller from China. She was selling on the UK board and now she has stopped and sends product to me and I sell it. She makes money because of the savings in postage etc, I make money because stock costs me nothing and everybody is happy. It's all about doing business and making money

I should say though that there is nothing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero in what we are doing. It's only doing a little bit right now but has huge potential as we get comfortable with each other.

I think once you start playing with the electronic hiding of IPs you are putting another risk factor into the equation, and god knows there are enough already.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Imakemoney (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I use StrongVPN subscription.
Asking for problems.
Old 06-25-2011

Longevity: 79%

Good sound advice

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Asking for problems.
Why? StrongVPN is recomennded service for stealth account in many forums and seems in stealth guide too.... Not true?
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Before confirming listing on eBay.co.uk from eBay.com account and USA IP I have this alert below. Can this be reason for any verifying or limitation from eBay?

Attention sellers:

Item Location!

Please be aware that in accordance with eBay's Item Location Misrepresentation policy, sellers must accurately describe the location from which their item will be sent in the item location field. False, inaccurate or misleading information about the postage location of an item is not allowed on eBay. If you wish to read eBay's Item Location Misrepresentation policy, please click here.
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 88%

For how long are you using StrongVPN?

yes they are one of the best, but the question is not in the service provider, but in use of VPN in general. A lot of people doubt VPN is safe for ebay and paypal, no matter that it is an option in stealth ebook.

I am also looking for a safe way to operate the UK account from another country, but it seems like a hard question...
Old 06-29-2011

It is very straightforward but expensive. If you want to operate a UK account from outside the UK you need a UK dial up account. You can dial in from anywhere in the world and you will have a UK IP.

Other than that get yourself a trading assistant.

By all means use a VPN but we keep seeing people who are losing their accounts and it would appear to be the VPN

The point of stealth, surely, is to stay off of EB and PP radar. If the VPN you use is not as hot as you think it is your accounts will be toast.

Other than that move to the UK and operate from there
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 88%

Sometimes there are very simple reasons why is it better to use UK or USA account rather than lets say Latvian account.
The main countries that had ebay established a long time ago like UK USA etc they have much more freedom and the services and possibilities of these countries ebay and paypal accounts are much bigger.

For example
Having Latvian paypal account you can not withdraw more than ~400GBP to you credit card in one day.
Also they convert the currency to Latvian currency under awful rates! One withdraw action costs 2euros - for just this move. Also at the end you lose around 2-2.5% of total withdrawn amount because of paypal currency exchange rates.
And the main thing - you can not choose what currency to withdraw the money in.

So at the end you are out of the pocket for some round sum...

Also there are more issues not to mention here, but people are trying to use what is better for them, not just because they want to hide something or that they like that.

I would like to use the country that i am no account too, but it too expensive and too limited services here, so isnt it better to establish a long time UK account with free of any limits services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I do a lot of business with the US but I list on the UK board and select International Visibility. Can only say it works for me.

I do not understand why more people do not try to establish trading partners in the countries they want to sell in rather than use VPN or VPS. One slip can bring the whole thing down.

I have recently started something similar with a seller from China. She was selling on the UK board and now she has stopped and sends product to me and I sell it. She makes money because of the savings in postage etc, I make money because stock costs me nothing and everybody is happy. It's all about doing business and making money

I should say though that there is nothing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero in what we are doing. It's only doing a little bit right now but has huge potential as we get comfortable with each other.

I think once you start playing with the electronic hiding of IPs you are putting another risk factor into the equation, and god knows there are enough already.