Question about new seller accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Question about new seller accounts

Hi, I joined this forum back in 2008 but took a break from selling on eBay for a couple of years and have recently had a need to start using it again.

I can see a few things have changed since I last made an account but for the most I can see ways around these problems. I'm most interested in the fact eBay only allows a new seller account to list 10! items a month. I was wondering if I could get some clarification on this problem, mainly:

-Does this only apply to accounts that are still under 30 days old?
-Under what circumstances does it become, if ever, unlimited?
-Are older buyer accounts (circa 08) perhaps exempt from this?

I don't mind making some accounts now and letting them mature for later in the year but I would like to make sure that I'm doing it properly.

Thanks in advance for the help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongMan View Post
Hi, I joined this forum back in 2008 but took a break from selling on eBay for a couple of years and have recently had a need to start using it again.

I can see a few things have changed since I last made an account but for the most I can see ways around these problems. I'm most interested in the fact eBay only allows a new seller account to list 10! items a month. I was wondering if I could get some clarification on this problem, mainly:

-Does this only apply to accounts that are still under 30 days old?
-Under what circumstances does it become, if ever, unlimited?
-Are older buyer accounts (circa 08) perhaps exempt from this?

I don't mind making some accounts now and letting them mature for later in the year but I would like to make sure that I'm doing it properly.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1. it is applied to some new accounts not all.
2.I dont think there is a set time or set amout of sales or feedback, i think it is when they deem fit.
3. yes.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

RE older accounts - quite possibly but only if you have kept it/them active since creation.
Old 06-28-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
1. it is applied to some new accounts not all.
2.I dont think there is a set time or set amout of sales or feedback, i think it is when they deem fit.
3. yes.
That's good to know that it's not all accounts as I've read all these posts were people are getting hit with these (IMO) unrealisticly low 10 a month limits. I'm guessing that it's still a majority of new sellers getting them though with only a few getting 100 or even no selling limits.

It is a problem though if you do get hit with a 10 item a month limit as, assuming you get 10 sales and then 10 +ve feedback a month, it'll take some time to make any sort of rep for yourself. But I seem to remember reading somewhere here that selling very low (maybe under £2.50 inc P&P) non-vero items doesn't go towards your monthly limit: Possible way to get a lot of +ve feedback and therefore higher limits sooner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
RE older accounts - quite possibly but only if you have kept it/them active since creation.
OK then that's a dead end as they have never been used.

Well I've just received my new bank info so I'll be making my new accounts soon and will begin selling at the end of July (turns out that by not using Entropay for several years they decide to close my account and in the process forfeit the £10 I had in the account so will have to make a new one as well).

Any last minute advice that I may have overlooked in my 2 year absence? Is AOL still safe to use? OR Auctiva? Thanks
Old 07-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

all the 08 accounts i have brought back latley have had 100 selling limit or none at all, 4 accounts had no activity untill i stared to lift limites and list, one had 100 limit the other 3 none.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 07-02-2011

Longevity: 75%

Welcome back Longman