eBay/paypal.com account for co.uk-which IP to choose? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimate

Thanks for thoughts, but initially my question was about my .COM account which I would like operate on co.uk. for local UK selling .
USA or UK IP to choose?
Now I operate with USA IP but every time before listing confirming I have attention about "item location''( full eBay message in this topic higher)and I afraid that this message will put me under radar? Not?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 88%

In general as far as i understand it does not matter UK USA or Zambia

If your account is registered in USA with USA street address you just have to have USA IP. And when you list the item you just need to list it with the location where you will be sending it from.
Because if you will lie, and ebay will get reports from some not satisfied buyers that you marked it in UK and sent it from Latvia - then you will have problems. Never lie and you will be safe

It will be very interesting if your account can hold with strongvpn services
Will send you a pm, will keep in touch
Im in Lithuania right now so it is not too far from you mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
Thanks for thoughts, but initially my question was about my .COM account which I would like operate on co.uk. for local UK selling .
USA or UK IP to choose?
Now I operate with USA IP but every time before listing confirming I have attention about "item location''( full eBay message in this topic higher)and I afraid that this message will put me under radar? Not?
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
USA or UK IP to choose?
Are you thinking of saying that the items are in the UK when they are in fact elsewhere? If so that is a no-no for Ebay.

If you are selling into the UK from dot.com you need to state where the item is and the cost of shipping to the UK and estimated delivery time
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

No, no, no! Items, of course is located in UK. But my problem is- I have only .com account, not co.uk. But if I listed from .com accounted registered in USAon co.uk, for radars are better USA or UK IP address? This is point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
Are you thinking of saying that the items are in the UK when they are in fact elsewhere? If so that is a no-no for Ebay.

If you are selling into the UK from dot.com you need to state where the item is and the cost of shipping to the UK and estimated delivery time
Old 06-29-2011

I believe doesnt matter where you list
What matters is what you told ebay where is your registration address!
Old 06-29-2011

Quote:
No, no, no! Items, of course is located in UK. But my problem is- I have only .com account, not co.uk. But if I listed from .com accounted registered in USAon co.uk, for radars are better USA or UK IP address? This is point?
Look, be realistic here. You are in Lithuania, you are operating from a USA address and you want to sell in the UK - in the words of John McEnroe - "You cannot be serious"

People are having a hard enough job keeping accounts going when they are in the UK or USA and you are seriously expecting a solution on an open forum to a complicated issue like that.

OK

First issue - the IP - you are running a dot com account with a USA address therefore you need a USA IP - not a Mickey Mouse VPN or other Tom Foolery - but a USA IP - the only way I know is dial up.

Second issue - You want to sell goods that are in the UK to people in the UK from a USA address. Yes I can just see Ebay standing that from an account with, I presume, no trading history behind it - it aint going to last long is it?

I'm afraid you need to rethink your business plan my friend because this one is going nowhere IMO
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

No, You didn't understand me correctly. Yes, I am in Latvia, my account is .com, but I only operate account from Latvia. Items psychically are based in UK, and are shipped out from UK by my shipping managers!

I worked with my previously accounts as toprated seller 6 years!

Quote:
Look, be realistic here. You are in Lithuania, you are operating from a USA address and you want to sell in the UK - in the words of John McEnroe - "You cannot be serious"

People are having a hard enough job keeping accounts going when they are in the UK or USA and you are seriously expecting a solution on an open forum to a complicated issue like that.

OK

First issue - the IP - you are running a dot com account with a USA address therefore you need a USA IP - not a Mickey Mouse VPN or other Tom Foolery - but a USA IP - the only way I know is dial up.

Second issue - You want to sell goods that are in the UK to people in the UK from a USA address. Yes I can just see Ebay standing that from an account with, I presume, no trading history behind it - it aint going to last long is it?

I'm afraid you need to rethink your business plan my friend because this one is going nowhere IMO
Old 06-29-2011

Then it is very simple - you need a new set of UK accounts, a UK bank account and a UK dial up connection and you are good to go.
Old 06-29-2011

What about a little different situation:

set of UK accounts with UK IP address controlled from Lithuania/Latvia via Teamviewer? (or UK IP address via VPN, but i know what are you going to say about this)

...but with Latvian/Lithuanian based items. This is normal situation i believe, not causing any problems? Because this way you would not lie about the items location..

Quote:

OK

Old 06-29-2011

What about teamviewer? Might it be a solution if a friend in UK would have a spare computer for me left for me to operate?

Also you said a new set of accounts - that is understandable. Only if you have used your personal name before, is it ok to use it, only with some small mistakes in the name. Like said in the Stealth Book?

For example if it is Thomas Robertson, can we use Tom Robertson. And the rest information totally different, like address, bank account, etc. P.S. Sort code might stay the same i believe correct?

Quote:
Then it is very simple - you need a new set of UK accounts, a UK bank account and a UK dial up connection and you are good to go.
Old 06-29-2011

If you are going to go stealth you should perhaps consider buying a ready made set of accounts. All you would need then is a bank account to attach to them.
Old 06-29-2011

Yes i know this is an option, but then if i will be selling high value items i would need to provide the verification documents like photo ID, proof of address etc.
So it might be a problem with random info account... Dont you think so?

Maybe my personal name is better option, only shortened or with minor mistakes...
Old 06-29-2011

If you are selling high value items and you want to sell a lot of them then, IMO, you are wasting your time here. You need a very substantial account created and it involves a lot different techniques to those discussed here. And, I would add, a lot more financial investment and committment.

An awful lot of people seem to come on the forum and appear to think that we can create an account, overnight, that is going to enable them to sell hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of items and never get looked at.

It doesn't work like that. It can be done but not the way we operate.

If you are selling high value either open lots and lots of accounts or talk to someone who knows how to do it without lots of accounts

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Imakemoney (06-29-2011)
Old 06-30-2011

Well i would not think i am wasting my time here. No one in Lithuania would know how to do that, because simply ebay and paypal are not so popural here like in UK or USA. So reading forums and books like Stealth Book is the best and only way.
Also i was learning only from my experience all the time, so isnt it better to learn from a lot of more experienced or just other experiences?
I would not say that the items i am selling are very high price, but they are not also 50$ items, also not more than 1000 like you said But if you sell an item, send it and get a good feedback, do not try to lie to people and have a good reputation, also if you provide all needed docs to paypal, then it was never a problem. The last account i got suspended was because of this new policy - nonperfomance, which i believe is too strict. But what to do. It is and you have to work with that.

No, I do not expect you to create the accounts over night, i am looking only for the information, also sharing the experience that i have plenty of. The information and cooperation is all i need here

And with age going up you do not want to sell more and more, sometimes it is better to sell less but at a higher price. To make a more professional adverts etc. I believe you know what i mean..

I also do not want to have lots of account, i would prefer to have one and work on it and not to fluster maybe one more as a backup
Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
It is very straightforward but expensive. If you want to operate a UK account from outside the UK you need a UK dial up account. You can dial in from anywhere in the world and you will have a UK IP.

Other than that get yourself a trading assistant.

By all means use a VPN but we keep seeing people who are losing their accounts and it would appear to be the VPN

The point of stealth, surely, is to stay off of EB and PP radar. If the VPN you use is not as hot as you think it is your accounts will be toast.

Other than that move to the UK and operate from there
borra da' GT

How safe is it to use hidemyip.com etc? If they allocate you a USA ip address will this longterm flag up a UK account to ebay. Just wondering?
Old 07-08-2011

borra da Cassie

I do not believe any of the tricks we use to hide IPs can last for long. It is the classic 'what can be put together by man can be seperated by man'

You pays your money and you take your chances.

Much better IMO to have a UK ip for a UK account or a USA ip for a USA account. There is no need for all this VPN and VPS stuff. Think outside the box and set your accounts up in such a way that you need rarely go on the sites and then a local dial up ip becomes very doable.

KISS - Keep It Simple & Sweet

Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
borra da Cassie

I do not believe any of the tricks we use to hide IPs can last for long. It is the classic 'what can be put together by man can be seperated by man'

You pays your money and you take your chances.

Much better IMO to have a UK ip for a UK account or a USA ip for a USA account. There is no need for all this VPN and VPS stuff. Think outside the box and set your accounts up in such a way that you need rarely go on the sites and then a local dial up ip becomes very doable.

KISS - Keep It Simple & Sweet

Thanks GT

Good advice as always, a dongle it is then

:D