eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   Detailed Seller Ratings- What is that about?! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/34640-detailed-seller-ratings-what-about.html)

johnnyleeds 07-30-2011 10:21 AM

Detailed Seller Ratings- What is that about?!

Hi everyone!

I have just been informed by some people on the eBay 'Answer Centre' forum on the ebay site that I will probably get suspended as my Detail Seller Ratings are apparently poor, however when I look into my account it says that I have nearly 5 stars for most of these ratings. I dont know where they are getting this information. I have over 96% positive feedback and to be honest until now I didnt really take any notice of Detailed Seller Ratings.

Most of the time when I complete feedback I ignore the Detailed Seller ratings for other sellers who I buy things off, and I guess that most other people do the same when they buy off me or other sellers. So why would they be saying I should get suspended?? Also I have had someone else who says he has got slightly better Detailed Seller Ratings than me telling me he has already been suspended and he cant understand why I am still allowed to sell when he isnt?!?!

I cant believe it, I have really done my best as far as sending peoples items immediately, and I havent ripped anyone off ever so why would they be saying this stuff??? Also I am constantly getting these 21 day holds put on my payments in Paypal, despite my good behaviour and attention to customer service. Its like you cant do right for doing wrong on eBay now, its bloody ridiculous!

Does anyone understand about this stuff, when i heard it I was ready to chuck the towel in, but selling on eBay is my major sales outlet. I occasionally sell bits and pieces at antiques fairs / second hand markets and car boot sales, and occasionally I sell the odd thing via the classified papers, but I couldnt make a living from doing it so if I lose eBay I will have to either sign on the dole or get one of the crappy jobs that employment agencies are offering for no money an hour!

Please can someone try and explain what is going on to me as I am at the end of my tether!!

Cheers!

Johnny

JRYAN34 07-30-2011 10:23 AM

What are you DSR Percentages?
How many negatives do you have? How many this month?
How many Positives/Negatives for SELLING?

GreenBean 07-30-2011 10:28 AM

What's actually on your dashboard?
Negatives? number this month
Feedback including negatives.
Johhny, you got to look at the DSR like it's your little black book. :

JRYAN34 07-30-2011 11:18 AM

good job repeating what i typed ^

johnnyleeds 07-30-2011 03:36 PM

Hi Greenbean

This is what its saying on my dashboard although I cant make any sense of it, can you help decipher it for me? Sorry its a bit jumbled up.

ta!

Johnny

Evaluation period: Aug 01, 2010 - Jul 31, 2011Performance criteria for:Performance criteria for
Criteria Requirements Your performance
Do not exceed the maximum limits of both percentage and countHelp on performance criteria
Low detailed seller ratings* Maximum % Maximum count Your % Your count
Item as described 1.00% 3 3.70% 2 Qualified
Communication 2.00% 3 5.56% 3 Qualified
Dispatch time 2.00% 3 11.11% 6 Not qualified
Postage and packaging charges 2.00% 3 1.85% 1 Qualified
*Low detailed seller ratings of 1 and 2 stars.

Buyer protection cases Maximum % Maximum count Your % Your count
Opened cases
[See definition]
1.00% 3 0.00% 0
[See cases]
Qualified
Closed cases without seller resolution
[See definition]
0.30% 2 0.00% 0
[See cases]
Qualified

meVebay 07-30-2011 03:39 PM

Your DSR's are hideous.

I think you can wave goodbye to that account.

10% of your buyers have marked you a 1 or a 2 for dispatch time.

Even if you get a new account, you need to make improvements with regards to how quickly your sending items out. Are you using 1st class post too?

GTB 07-30-2011 04:20 PM

hey dude

dsr`s are probably more important than feedback these days

you need to concentrate on keeping them as high as possible

as soon as your star`d ratings start to drop below 4.6
and you receive more low 1`s & 2`s ratings than eb allows in a certain period then you will struggle to keep the account

you need to get items out within 2 days at the latest & send 1st class always!

give a detailed description and explain the postage fees,why it costs £4.50 etc

make sure you pack the item well,and use decent packing material,simple little things go a long way :thumb:

and always reply to questions,communication is really important

good luck

GrannyT 07-30-2011 04:20 PM

johnnyleeds - I have to ask - how have you lasted so long?

johnnyleeds 07-30-2011 04:32 PM

Nasty comments make me want to kick eBay into touch. If I wanted snidy comments like that I would contact eBay or Paypal customer services or the sp-called eBay community.

With regards to the time it takes to send items and how much I charge for postage, well I send items out usually on the Monday if the auction ended on Sunday, and yes I send 1st class, I have noticed in a lot of cases that i offer better value postage than a lot of people do, plus I always use quality packaging - jiffy envelopes / bubble wrap / brown paper and fragile stickers and assorted cardboard boxes.

As I mentioned in my previous posts I have done nothing wrong yet I am been told I am a bad seller which is total rubbish!!! I have NEVER completed the detailed seller stars when completing feedback for other people as I didnt realise it was something you had to do, its just another piece of ****e that ebay have invented to make it even harder to make any money from this. I used to work as an IT technician and I think I am going to start looking for another IT job as ebay is just becoming a website for people to resell inkjet cartridges and other brand new rubbish, for people like myself who are selling genuine collectables its becoming not even worth it when you hard work is not just unrewarded - but actually spat on by the people you are working to make money for and the people who I am providing a source of collectables for. Well I hope in future they can buy their ⊗⊗⊗⊗ collectables from Argos / Primark etc as anyone with any real integrity in the collecting world will hopefully **** ebay off!

regards

Johnny

GrannyT 07-30-2011 04:38 PM

Nicely said Johnny - so why do you think you got all these low DSRs when other people didn't? What caused it in your opinion?

:pop2:

ryanba 07-30-2011 04:41 PM

Woah! - Amazing that you're still going.

I've been on eBay for 3 months now, and my DSR's are 5.0 on all categories.
I do it by shipping on the same day or no later than the next day, staying in contact with all my buyers and sending everything with a tracking number of some sort I-E not always with Royal Mail - I have 5 packages being collected on Monday with My-Hermes.

I do agree that with all the fees from eBay/PayPal and then postage and not just paying for it to arrive, paper, ink, envelopes etc it makes it very hard to make a profit from selling on eBay.

I've noticed that eBid is getting popular, right now I'm not a member but I have looked at the site.

johnnyleeds 07-30-2011 04:49 PM

Yeah, I am gonna start a new stealth account and just use this account for bidding up items that arent selling for as much as I would like things to sell for. Like i said I havetn put a foot wrong apart from running into a couple of idiots, which seems to be getting more prevelant now, . I really have had enough of this crap!

GTB 07-30-2011 05:05 PM

yeah there are some sad people who wont play fair but this is what you got to deal with

if you are suspicious about a buyer who has left low dsr`s,report it to eb

probably wont help but you never know

i mean if you do everything to perfection,you should not be getting these lows,i would be reporting it

GreenBean 07-30-2011 07:20 PM

FFS: some of you are BEYOND being self-righteous.:attention:

The OP asked for HELP.

Holier than thou attitudes can be CANNED.

Not even remotely funny OR acceptable. :fight:

GTB 07-30-2011 07:29 PM

i agree GB
:pop2:

KingRay 07-30-2011 07:37 PM

Your DSR's are bad but if they havent suspended you then keep going.

Go to your Seller dashboard where it explains DSR's in detail and take a look at when you got them, how you got them,etc. learn from it and take the steps in EACH category to correct it. Ebay give you I think a 3 month period to bring them up after you get warned about it. If you havent gotten the warning yet then great.

You have to keep track of DSR's near daily. You are allowed so many 1's and 2's depending on your volume. You want to avoid exceed that at all costs.

It isnt hard to keep those high. Your shipping time is bad so there must be something to it. Regardless of what it was you need to improve it Now.

Raise the price up and ship for free. If your answer to that is people are selling them cheaper then you need to find another place to get your items cheaper.

Each category has easy ways to improve this but you have to implemnt them to a T in order for it to work.

Getting a new account will do nothing until you learn how to get these DSR's up. Otherwise you will be in the same boat. Good luck.

johnnyleeds 07-31-2011 01:09 PM

Well I am going to have a go at improving my DSR's before I get suspended, but to be honest I dont understand what I have done wrong anyway, the only problem I had was I mized up two parcels and each person received the wrong item, but I arranged payment for each person to post the items on to each other which they did and they said they were happy that it had been sorted out.

What I dont understand is the majority of people are leaving very positive feedback saying what a great seller I am and how quickly they received their items,yet my DSR's dont reflect this....?!?!?! What on earth is this suposed to mean? And my average report seems to be pretty good with most my ratings been over 3 apart from the time taken to post items for some reason that I cant understand. I mean I posted an item to a guy in Australia where I posted the item on Friday afternoon - he received it on Monday morning! How much quicker could I be sending things? !

I dont know if its because I am not a high volume seller, I mean in 6 months I have only sold about 60 items as I am just doing it at the moment to make a bit of extra money, although once I have saved up enough to buy a car / van and buy insurance I am hoping to step things up a bit so maybe that will help change my DSR's when I am shifting more volume over a shorter time....

Anyway thanks to everyone for their constructive advice, I am extremely grateful as this is what this forum should be about, I noticed that someone has edited out some of the less than helpful comments that were made by certain members of this forum. So thanks again.

kindest regards

Johnny

Road-Kill 07-31-2011 01:31 PM

It's like the cliche about everyone that's in prison say's their innocent. Everyone that get's suspended is always innocent too, and blames the system never themselves.

Usually self-reflection is what's needed and not denial. It sounds like you have made progress already and have started the process. These two quotes from you do show a great change in attitude.

"I cant believe it, I have really done my best as far as sending peoples items immediately, and I havent ripped anyone off ever so why would they be saying this stuff??? "

" the only problem I had was I mized up two parcels and each person received the wrong item,"

expiredpeanutbutter 07-31-2011 01:52 PM

JohnnyLeeds you say you didn't care to leave DSR's for other sellers and now you're mad that ebay is warning you?? HA THE IRONY TALK ABOUT KARMA I think it' justified to say you're getting a plate full of what you usually dish out man. You need to get it together.(leave DSR's)

johnnyleeds 07-31-2011 03:18 PM

Expiredpeanutbutter, if you properly read what people have written in their post then maybe you wouldnt make such self righteous statements, I never said I didnt 'care' to leave DSR's for other sellers, what I said was I didnt even realise it was something you had to do, at no point have ebay ever said to me - or anyone else for that matter that it was compulsory, I mean half the people I sell to dont even bother with feedback for that matter, I have sold over 90 items yet my feedback is under 50 including 2 negatives and 1 neutral.

Also as I have already said, what is it with all you people leaping to defend ebays every stupid policy, as far as I am concerned this DSR is a load of bollocks and its only been around for a short while, people should be campaigning to have this crap stopped as its just another ridiculous way of stopping people selling on ebay, plus it is another task that makes selling on ebay even more fiddly than it ever has been. I pine for the days of the late 1990's early 2000's when selling on ebay was simple and positive feedback was positive feedback and you didnt have to have any of this crap, plus paypal was just an option! god i used to get people to transfer the money directly into my bank account, they would pay me the next day and I would have the money straight away without furthur fees for receiving my own money!!!

but I am sure some of the ebay brown nosers that have taken up residence on this EBAY SUSPENSION FORUM will be all to ready to say how great ebay is now! Remember what this forum is about? Why are you here if you think ebay is so great?

KingRay 07-31-2011 05:30 PM

We definitely are not ebay brown nosers, we just know how to sell with their system. Its their rules, we have all vented the same as you have.

Its no different than any other business that has rules, You have to follow them or you are gone.

With only 50 feedbacks, 2 negs, 1 neutral and those DSR's you should really really do some research on how to improve that. Whats that like 1 out of every 17 sales ends in an unhappy customer?? With your shipping DSR you had 6 low numbers, That means you had approx 1 out of every 9 poeple unhappy with shipping time. That is baaaad. In 13yrs of selling on ebay I have had probably 5 negs total. Thats over 10-15 accounts with over 2k average feedbacks on each. I have seen many people with NO NEgs with much more feedback.

That is how you MUST do it nowadays to keep selling.

Your thought process is still back in the old ebay days where it was different. It was much better for us back then but its a different company now. We all wish it was like back then.

We all have to change everything about how we sell. I do nothing the same as I did 10yrs ago. NOTHING.

Okay, maybe I still use sticky labels. Thats it though. lol..

GTB 07-31-2011 05:31 PM

dont worry about it mate

just concentrate on your goals

it does sound like you have had a few rogue buyers neg`in you and leaving terrible ratings

maybe you need to improve your dispatch time as you had quite a few low ratings in that dept

good luck