New ebay account auto banned! Even when account made elsewhere - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 11-01-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default New ebay account auto banned! Even when account made elsewhere

So basically iv'e had accounts in the past they've been banned blah blah so iv'e clocked on i can't make accounts on my ip or in my house or with any of the same details. So of course i thought ahead and went to a libary made an ebay and paypal (unverified but that's normally not a problem) tried to sell and within 30 mins i had the message, suspicious seller some items are more suspicious to sell than others YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED VERIFY INFORMATION when infact that's a lie because it was £10 box of test strips??

have they upped there security completely and new sellers basically always get prompted or am i doing something wrong? Bare in mind just over a month ago i made a new ebay at an internet cafe and everything was fine they didn't instantly suspend the account and i was able to sell what i wanted..

PLEASE HELP
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

/quote
So of course i thought ahead and went to a libary made an ebay and paypal (unverified but that's normally not a problem) tried to sell

2 big problems I can identify here - 1. a library...imagine how many other folx must have done the same thing there and got suspended/banned...that IP/computer (did you use a library computer or did you use your own...did you make a NEW user account) is prob pretty badly burned.

2. Unverified pa yp al...that could also be a big problem in the UK.

/quote
PLEASE HELP

Read around the forums +/- get the stealth guide and go from there...all the best.
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks, anyone else have an input?
Old 11-01-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Your problem is the library. Tons of people log into there account through a library, hospital, starbucks, and cafe wifis which is not good.
Old 11-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Public WIFI spots are not always terminal but everything else on your account does need to be rock solid

Think about it from their point of view.

You are logging on from a public IP that WILL be known

Who are you?
Can't find you by electronic means?
You say your name is Nobby Nobrot but their is no Nobby Nobrot registered at that address?
You are using a Gmail/yahoo/hotmail email account?

What would you do if you were EB/PP?

Change your game plan, start thinking differently and start again
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
a51_k (12-07-2011)
Old 11-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

listing within 30 mins of creating an account probally didn't help either.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 11-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

As GrannyT says, if you're accessing from public points where any jo blogs could be running an Eb ay scam then everything else has to be rock solid.

With no consistency in IP or cookies etc then they're not going to take the risk for any new account.

I've been fine and careful with my slowly building stealth account but my general personal non-stealth buying accounts I've been accessing on my phone and wiping cookies and using random wifi spots all over and now I'm getting PayPal checks and my payments for items I desperately want are being returned and flagged up..

You have to be rock solid, no sloppyness. Don't use Eb ay when you're desperate for money or you'll bugger it all up again.
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

thanks you lot very helpful ill take it all into consideration
Old 11-06-2011

Longevity: 90%

When you say you listed 'Test Strips' are you talking about the things that drug services use to test urine for opiates / cocaine / benzo's / methadone etc? I dont know if this is something that is on ebays list of banned items. I have had problems in the past where I tried to list items that even though other people were and had successfully listed within an hour of me listing the same item my auctions were cancelled.

I can only think if not this then you are making another error that is causing ebay / paypal to link your account or make them suspicious. Follow the 'eBay Stealth' guide carefully and read and reread what people are saying on this forum as the 'eBay Stealth' manual is not entirely comprehensive as things can change on a daily basis. Also you dont want to be creating an account and then immediately trying to list lots of items. Take your time and that seems to keep paypal quiet as its what they expect people to do normally. You've got to think of things that paypal might regard as even slightly suspicious and avoid doing them.