How does paypal limitation affect Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-01-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Exclamation How does paypal limitation affect Ebay?

Hi Forum,

My first post here so hello all

Ok heres my issue

I have recently had one of my PayPal accounts linked to my Ebay account. That account was recently limited for a security check and was later closed 24 hours later for apparently being a security risk even though i have had no cases on it, no charge backs, no negative activity at all.

However..

My Ebay account is currently still open. So does anyone know how the closure of my paypal account will affect my Ebay account? Is it still safe to link a new paypal account to it and continue selling on it? Or is this a case where i have to bin the Ebay account and move onto a new one?

Any comments / sudgestions would be very welcome

Cheers guys

Elass
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2012

same thing happened to me a couple of months ago, best thing you can do is dump it and start again.
Old 03-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Lightbulb

did your Ebay account also get suspended after the paypal account or did it stay open?

Or did you try adding another PayPal account?

Id be interested to know what happened cos this account was quite well built up

Dam Ebay... none of this would even be nessesary if they didnt keep suspending sellers for no reason lol
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay always has a reason.

Problem is sellers ever think they deserve the reason
Old 03-02-2012
Threadstarter  

Wink

Depends what the reason is i guess.

And would depend on whats Ebays reason would be. Me personally can think of a host of better ways to deal with issues such as illegal produce e.t.c without throwing out suspension left right and centre based on detailed seller ratings(DSR) only.

I expect my first suspension was down to having a rating of below standard for 3 odd months. The reason for this was lots of 1s and 2s on the DSR's for delivery time. Which i cant understand because every item i sold was sent out the next day and delivered the day after (recorded post 1st class) yet buyers are able to rate 1s and 2s and sellers accounts get suspended because of this.

You ask Ebay to look at the delivery times clearly shown on thier website and all you get is "unfortunately we have decided to close your account and this cannot be appealed"

I also notice that they are now starting reduce the discounts that top rated sellers are getting. Seems that Ebays recent over zealous security precausions are starting to loose them some money. Hopefully they will look at changing thier security for the better of the sellers even if the loss of revenue is the only prompt
Old 03-03-2012

Yep being below standard for three months in a row would be the reason.

They do not see you as offering a good service and are not providing your buyers with a good buying experience.

There are no grey areas with eBay. If that's what your dsr's show that is all they care about. Did you have any negs or neutrals?
Old 03-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elass View Post

I also notice that they are now starting reduce the discounts that top rated sellers are getting. Seems that Ebays recent over zealous security precausions are starting to loose them some money. Hopefully they will look at changing thier security for the better of the sellers even if the loss of revenue is the only prompt
I wouldn't hold my breathe for too long on that one

Never going to happen. If anything it is going to get worse for the poor old seller.
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopadudette View Post
Yep being below standard for three months in a row would be the reason.

They do not see you as offering a good service and are not providing your buyers with a good buying experience.

There are no grey areas with eBay. If that's what your dsr's show that is all they care about. Did you have any negs or neutrals?
Ye i had 2 negatives about 4 months ago from some buyer who thought 24 hours delivery was too long for them lol

But ye its the DSR's. I also read on Ebay that they are going to be changing how the DSR's work.. preventing buyers from rating you bad on communication and stopping unfair DSR's... all looks good as you start reading.. then u find the buyer loop hole. If the buyer messages you before the auction has ended or after. You no longer automatically recieve 5 stars for communication and the buyer can rate you on dispatch time.

Do we have anyone here who buys on Ebay but doesnt really sell? I realise this is probably a seller forum but i would love to know what people are thinking when they fill out the DSR Stars on a rating.

I previously charged 80p for postage which makes a massive loss on the products that i sell.. and still they sat there giving me low stars for postage charges.... how do they think i can post it cheaper lol

Well i guess i have answered my own question really cos now i am just offering free postage and hopefully an increase in bids cos the word free is there will actually cover hte postage cost anyway and then i cant be rated on postage charges :P

Oh also an update. I listed on the Ebay account this evening that had the suspended paypal account attached to it and touch wood 7 hours later its still open with bids. shhhhh dont tell Ebay :-)

Anyways fellas.. ive rambled on for enough time

Cheers

Elass
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
I wouldn't hold my breathe for too long on that one

Never going to happen. If anything it is going to get worse for the poor old seller.
tbh i do kinda agreed matey.. but it seems odd how Ebay can see a long term business solution making it such a hard trading platform. It really is starting to open the door for other trading platforms like amazon to get a leg in to Ebays seller base. Eventually they will start running out of sellers if they are making it so hard and perhaps in a few years we could see the likes of amazon really challenging Ebay for the top spot.. business wise

Dunno who runs Ebay but they really need to take a few courses in business practice and best practice lol
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Question Inversly how was ebay affect paypal

Dunno if this needs to go in a different thread or not but hey here it is

If I have a suspended Ebay account but the paypal account associated with it is fine.. can i use that paypal account on another Ebay account or will it give a direct link and close the Ebay account

Im thinking yes and barge pole :-)

But what are you guys thoughts?
Old 03-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

will be a link.

You try to add that paypal to another ebay and expect the ebay to go bye bye...
Old 03-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
will be a link.

You try to add that paypal to another ebay and expect the ebay to go bye bye...
What if the paypal account in question was on an Ebay account that had never sold.. only bought and i had only nought 1 item on it before it was closed?

You think they will gain enough trend history to close the new Ebay account?
Old 03-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I 'think' you should start reading a heck of a lot more of the forum. Try not to kid yourself your variations will work. They are a danger to your long term stealth success.By all means ask but do nothing until you get correct replies :D
merged threads to maintain clarity :D

This little gem has been spoken about other times.

Here's the barge pole reply:

a paypal associated with a suspended ebay account should ever go near ebay again. It is what I call 'tainted'. That paypal may be used away from ebay but never with ebay.

ebay and paypal are the same compay. Info is shared.

a paypal associated with a suspended ebay account should ever go near ebay again. It is what I call 'tainted'. That paypal may be used away from ebay but never with ebay.

The danger of using this paypal is that you unnessarily link a new account.

ebay and paypal are the same compay. Info is shared.

I could repeat this but I dont think I should.