Voip not working for new ebay seller accounts in the UK? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
The reason VOIP isn't working is because they compare the phone number to large UK databases, and if the number doesn't match the address you've entered, the verification will fail. There are no VOIP numbers listed in the databases, so from now on people are going to have to find a real house, with a real address, and use the phone number connected to it.

Hell just use your work's number or something. Looks like it's the only solution left
Thats not how it works. I have used landline phone numbers for accounts that have different address', accounts have all opened, and stayed opened and trader for 6+ months.

Its region postcode coded.

There is no database that has every phone number and every house number it belongs to etc, as this is a breach of the data protection act (ex directory etc)

However each phone number can be located to an area - SE18, ED7 etc etc, so it doesnt need to be a correct address
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
And I'm guessing the US doesn't have a database like that? Otherwise they would have already implemented it there, I'm sure.
Theres no such database as explained
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Hell just use your work's number or something. Looks like it's the only solution left
Which limits the amount of accounts you can make. Theres always a way round things, just have to discover them
Old 05-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
BT, why ???
I take it you have used the Hub phone number..?> and have you tried thier "call sign" feature?
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
I take it you have used the Hub phone number..?> and have you tried thier "call sign" feature?
Call sign feature? Havent heard of it, will give it a google search now
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Ah its one extra number for a fiver. No point Scouse, Im more interested in discovering ways of opening multiple accounts 5+ over time, dont want to limit myself to 1 or 2 then lose them and have no more access.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-19-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

Matt, it's not a reigonal match, or at least not around here.

I've tried about 4 mates houses in and around the area, with addresses from that area as well (all within the same postcode area), and the number failed every time, because it "didn't match" the given address.
Old 05-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Matt, it's not a reigonal match, or at least not around here.

I've tried about 4 mates houses in and around the area, with addresses from that area as well (all within the same postcode area), and the number failed every time, because it "didn't match" the given address.

Please show me one piece of evidence of this magic database that records everyone house number/telephone number please, just one single tiny piece of evidence that it exists from this massive database you have to use to find it called the internet. Because it doesnt, and you have just made a presumption
Old 05-20-2008

Longevity: 94%

I've made a presumtion? Yes, so have you. And you also have zero evidence to support your idea that there is no database.

Your comment is just as viable, if not less so, than mine, as ususal. Nice one batty matty.
Old 05-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've made a presumtion? Yes, so have you. And you also have zero evidence to support your idea that there is no database.

Your comment is just as viable, if not less so, than mine, as ususal. Nice one batty matty.
I havent made a presumption you idiot. I have corrected your mistake. Try ANY online UK database (192 for example) to see PHONE NUMBERS ARE REGION CODED

You are an idiot, and not always right as you seem to think.

I would try and be more like, but I dont think i could get my head that far up my own arse
Old 05-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

OK guys calm down!

Apart from that negativity, both of you have actually talked about some interesting points, and even answered a question I had in my mind, thanks.