eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay account been suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/44428-ebay-account-been-suspended.html)

Slacky 03-27-2012 06:48 AM

eBay account been suspended

I was selling a couple of things on there.
a lot of people messaged me asking what's the best price I can do so i said can do it for x amount if paid straight through PayPal. that way I can do it cheaper as I don't pay eBay stupid fees.

A day later got a message off eBay saying my accounts suspended indefinitely.

A bit gutted really because both me and my dad do a lot of buying off there

So has anyone had their account suspended and what did you do about it ?

Thanks guys I really could do with getting my eBay account reinstated it's got 374 100% positive feedback with no problems at all since I've been a member.

GreenBean 03-27-2012 07:03 AM

Your own fault it happened..... you agreed to pay the 'stupid fees' when you decided to use ebay. Back-fired. Greed catches lots of us. Next time cancel the listings & cover yourself better.;)

I guess you know now that ebay has the means to read messages?

What was the notice of suspension? Depends how much you hacked off ebay. Or maybe, how many is a 'lot of people' wanted you to bypass the system? :violin:

GrannyT 03-27-2012 08:07 AM

You cannot trust ebay messages. If you think about it if you are sending payment requests from your Paypal account for items that you are listing on Ebay it isn't going to take long to add 2 and 2 together and make 4 is it?

Wouldn't have helped calling Ebays fees stupid

Learn and move on

:ranger:

NoneOther 03-27-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slacky (Post 325339)
I was selling a couple of things on there.
a lot of people messaged me asking what's the best price I can do so i said can do it for x amount if paid straight through PayPal. that way I can do it cheaper as I don't pay eBay stupid fees.

A day later got a message off eBay saying my accounts suspended indefinitely.

A bit gutted really because both me and my dad do a lot of buying off there

So has anyone had their account suspended and what did you do about it ?

Thanks guys I really could do with getting my eBay account reinstated it's got 374 100% positive feedback with no problems at all since I've been a member.

Why Oh Why do people do it?

If a buyer approaches you with a tasty offer just agree and tell them you will add a BIN. For the sake of 40p and a bit extra on fvf its not worth trying to stiff e/b as you have found out to your detriment.

Circumventing e/b fees is a BIG policy breach and if you've done this on a number of sales then your account is toast.

hackteck 03-27-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 325480)
Why Oh Why do people do it?

If a buyer approaches you with a tasty offer just agree and tell them you will add a BIN. For the sake of 40p and a bit extra on fvf its not worth trying to stiff e/b as you have found out to your detriment.

Circumventing e/b fees is a BIG policy breach and if you've done this on a number of sales then your account is toast.

I dunno I have a nearly 2 year old stealth and always take offers outside of ebay roughly 3-4 times a month amounts always higher then 200 as I sell electronics and Ive never had this problem I think maybe there's other reasons he was suspended

Or maybe im just super lucky lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

GTB 03-27-2012 01:04 PM

yeah i think there could be something else too

we need to know what the suspension message is slacky then we can give you an idea of what it was exactly

Slacky 03-28-2012 10:34 AM

Here is what it said

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely due to concerns we have for the safety of the eBay community.

Why have we suspended your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more closely associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. Under the eBay User Agreement we may suspend an account if we believe that the user may cause eBay or another eBay user financial loss or legal liabilities. You can read the User Agreement by copying this link into a new browser window:

eBay User Agreement

You are prohibited from using eBay in any way, including registering new accounts. We have ended any open listings that you may have had.

Please be advised that this suspension does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H62715

NoneOther 03-28-2012 04:44 PM

Standard e/b email.

The account is toast, move on, go stealth.

GreenBean 03-28-2012 05:47 PM

Agreed with NoneOther.

Account is gone :deadhorse:

Start again with stealth

Do not attempt to bypass fees again ( or get caught ;))

waterproof 03-28-2012 06:01 PM

Could'nt have said it better myself...you really do just learn and move on. Anticipation of simply 'nothing' happening and saving a few dollars were on your mind and thought nothing would happen...but it did. I have been in your shoes and do understand.
I just pay my fees and go along with their silly game/rules.

Sorry, but good luck in the future! Purchase the guide and read first. It works!

waterproof

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyT (Post 325361)
You cannot trust ebay messages. If you think about it if you are sending payment requests from your Paypal account for items that you are listing on Ebay it isn't going to take long to add 2 and 2 together and make 4 is it?

Wouldn't have helped calling Ebays fees stupid

Learn and move on

:ranger:

Slacky 03-29-2012 02:31 AM

The thing is I hardly ever sell on there just mostly buy. I'd be happy
With just having my account back as a buyer. Just curious if
I made a new account without going stealth and just buy and not
List any thing will they still suspend me?

oompaloompa 03-29-2012 03:38 AM

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-payp...p-account.html

for buyer acc, opinions vary, some say vary address, others say go completely new........

GreenBean 03-29-2012 03:57 AM

Preferable to be a new you. Name/address are blacklisted.

ebay UK is getting tougher with 'just buying accounts' :tears:

rsot 03-29-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Hope you have learned not to discuss this issue via eb messages. Regardless, maybe you can try a push back and call up eb or live chat and explain something...

If not, yes time to go stealth.

Hugh Jass 03-29-2012 12:04 PM

ebay suspended your account for life and you didn't sell anything; just offered direct pay??? :suspicious: I think something else is going on...

NoneOther 03-29-2012 12:11 PM

He did sell something but told the buyer to complete the sale outside e/b so that he avoided paying fees and he had probably done it several times in close succession that they picked up on it.

Thats why he got suspended :ban?:

Hugh Jass 03-29-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 326081)
He did sell something but told the buyer to complete the sale outside e/b so that he avoided paying fees.

Thats why he got suspended :ban?:

still...suspension for life for the first time?? I feel we're not getting the whole story as others said too.

NoneOther 03-29-2012 12:25 PM

As I said he had probably done it several times so not likely a first offence which is probably the part he neglected to include in his original post

Hugh Jass 03-29-2012 12:27 PM

Now we agree :)

GTB 03-29-2012 01:30 PM

i would shut him down too if i was ebay

you sell on my site...you pay your rent,end of

rsot 03-29-2012 01:53 PM

I would agree on probably occurring more than once...

Slacky 03-31-2012 10:46 AM

guys seriously a number of people messaged me through ebay asking whats my best price, proberly around 3-5 but was on the same listings when i got banned.

Right ive decided to give up fighting ebay to get my account reinstated so im going to create a buyers account. I know about changing ip, clearing cookies and flash cookies. But what are my options for my address? obviously im going to be buying so need a address to recieve my items.

Thanks