Low DSR for Communication? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Low DSR for Communication?

I have 5.0 DSR on everything except Communication which is 4.8..

How does one get low DSR's if no communication has taken place?
Since if a buyer asks me a question, i reply almost immediately.

I really do not think it is fair how this 5 Star ratings system operates..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Exactly that, NO COMMUNICATION HAS TAKEN PLACE.

Buyers want to feel special

Send them a thank you message after they buy and after that have paid then send them a message when you have shipped their item.

No, It's not a fair system because it is subjective and open to abuse but that's how e/b want it so that it will keep you on your toes and if you slip then your history
they_screwed_me_too (03-30-2012)
Old 04-07-2012

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Exactly that, NO COMMUNICATION HAS TAKEN PLACE.

Buyers want to feel special

Send them a thank you message after they buy and after that have paid then send them a message when you have shipped their item.

No, It's not a fair system because it is subjective and open to abuse but that's how e/b want it so that it will keep you on your toes and if you slip then your history
eBay says you will AUTOMATICALLY GET 5 STAR RATING if:
"From 29 March, you'll be automatically awarded a 5-star detailed seller rating for seller communication when a transaction meets all of the following criteria:
1) Tracking is uploaded or the item is marked as dispatched within 1 working day after payment has been received
2) Stated handling time is 1 working day or same day
3) The payment method is PayPal, making the payment date visible to eBay
4) No communication took place between the buyer and seller from 14 days before the transaction up until the point that Feedback was left. This includes messages within My eBay and any opened cases."

Btw, eBay automatically sends them an email after they have bought telling them congrats, you have won this auction and now all you need to do is pay. And also an email after you have marked as despatched to tell them that your item has been despatched.

Obviously the point of these automated emails from eBay is to make our communication work easier and less, so we don't have to do it.
BUT, in reality, it seems that these are not enough for the buyers as they know that these are automated emails from eBay and not from YOU.

After getting 4.6 communication rating, I changed my process to personally send buyers a message after despatch and let them know of the estimated delivery time. I also asked them to contact me after a stated timeframe if they did not receive the item and assured them I will send a new one or refund them. I also politely asked them not to give me a negative/neutral feedback or open a case without contacting me first as I will work with them to resolve their problems. And lastly, I requested them to leave me a positive feedback if they are happy with the item and I would do the same for them.

All this information in a single message and I've found that it has increased my number of positive feedback and ratings, and buyers contact me if they have issues instead of leaving negative feedback.

Now going back to the automatic 5 star rating, which I don't understand. Because I am doing this, I violate point 4. I fulfill all requirements from points 1-3.
Point 4 says "No communication took place between the buyer and seller from 14 days before the transaction up until the point that Feedback was left. This includes messages within My eBay and any opened cases."

eBay does innumeral absurd things but this is really beyond my finite understanding.
They say that in order to get a 5 star rating on communication, you need to have NO COMMUNICATION??!!?

Can anyone understand this and help to explain??
What about automated messages sent by Auctiva; does this count?
Does Auctiva send to email address or eBay messages? (have not used it yet)
The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleTea For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (04-20-2012)
Old 04-07-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
eBay does innumeral absurd things but this is really beyond my finite understanding.
They say that in order to get a 5 star rating on communication, you need to have NO COMMUNICATION??!!?

Can anyone understand this and help to explain??
What about automated messages sent by Auctiva; does this count?
Does Auctiva send to email address or eBay messages? (have not used it yet)
No, this means that you get an automatic 5***** for communications if eBay handled all communications on your behalf and the buyer indicated that they had no need for additional information (for which they could rate you on) as they didn’t contact you direct ;-)

If they buyer asks a pre or post sales question naturally they should be allowed to rate you. If they didn’t ask any questions then eBay’s automated emails were sufficient for their needs and so you get a five star rating.
Old 04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
No, this means that you get an automatic 5***** for communications if eBay handled all communications on your behalf and the buyer indicated that they had no need for additional information (for which they could rate you on) as they didn’t contact you direct ;-)

If they buyer asks a pre or post sales question naturally they should be allowed to rate you. If they didn’t ask any questions then eBay’s automated emails were sufficient for their needs and so you get a five star rating.
Ok, I get it now.
So the no communications requirement is just to make it fair to the buyer who is unable to rate you due to the automatic rating.
Old 04-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

That is eBays moronic theory but I think if you reply to all emails within a specified time you should get it as well.

They do it with the processing time. If you choose 3 day handling time then you have 3 days to upload the info so you get the auto 5 stars on shipping time.

If you do that though starting in June things are different though.
Old 04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
That is eBays moronic theory but I think if you reply to all emails within a specified time you should get it as well.

They do it with the processing time. If you choose 3 day handling time then you have 3 days to upload the info so you get the auto 5 stars on shipping time.

If you do that though starting in June things are different though.
Read Point 2 again.
2) Stated handling time is 1 working day or same day
You don't get 5 stars if you state any time longer than 1 day.

By the way, this is for communication, which I find really odd and dumb that dispatch time affects the DSR for communication.

And this is from 29 April.
I've no idea what new stuff they will come up with in June or tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleTea For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (04-20-2012)
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Don't just blame Ebay on this issue,,,there are LOTS of MORONIC Buyers out there who for MANY Reasons will not give a seller a 5-Star rating,,Some as mentioned above, want to feel special,,,others might be MAD at Ebay for giving sellers an automatic 5-Star rating for say,,Free Shipping, so they take it from you somewhere else,,Some feel that NO One is perfect, therefore they do NOT Issue all 5-Star ratings, Other feel some sort of STUPID Moral obligation to the Ebay Community,,,other just want to be in their minds "Tough"

P.T. Barnum said "There is a SUCKER born every Minute",,,,

Slapped says,,,,,,,"There is an ^SSH@LE born every SECOND,,,,
Old 04-20-2012

I don't get it, what's the dispatch time got to do with communication??
I think they should have an automatic 5* for dispatch if the seller states 1 day and uploads tracking information within 24 hrs of payment.
Come on, if dispatching within 24 hrs doesn't deserve 5 stars, then what?

But as you say, buyers will take it out from you somewhere else anyway, and there is no way to implement an automatic 5* for item as described.
If they really wanted to be fair, buyers should have to specify what exactly isn't as described if they entered less than 5*.
And then sellers should be able to dispute this and eBay should revise it to 5* if the buyer can prove that it was stated in the description.
E.g. buyer gives 3* and states "the item is white".
And on the description, seller had stated the item is white or even just have a photo of item in white, then seller should be able to open a DSR dispute case and eBay should revise to 5* when verified that the listing is indeed white.

But of course, eBay doesn't care if sellers get slapped by buyers. They do not care that the DSR system is totally unfair and they do not even let sellers question buyers about the DSRs they've left. I really cannot see what's wrong with that. If you are not happy with me, I would like to know why and as a good service provider, I would like to use that feedback to improve my service.

I don't agree with
1 sucker born every minute & 1 asshole born every second.
I think these are very conservative figures lol.
Its more like 1 sucker born every second and 1 asshole born every millisecond!
We're in the 21st century now.
Things move a lot faster.
Old 04-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

The DSR system was purposely designed by e/b to be unfair to sellers.
Old 04-20-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

stupid idea by the ebay boffins but i suppose it does make you want/need to perform better and be fair on p&p etc

although the system can be abused ...ebay do seem to be trying to cut it out
Old 04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
The DSR system was purposely designed by e/b to be unfair to sellers.
Without a doubt!
LOL!