Correct me if I am wrong on the communication policy... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-01-2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 95
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default Correct me if I am wrong on the communication policy...

Feedback


eBay is also making significant changes to its feedback policy, specifically to Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs): beginning in April, eBay will give sellers an automatic 5-star DSR for Communication for transactions in which there is no communication between the seller and the buyer - if the seller does the followingspecify same-day or 1-day handling time; upload tracking information by the end of the next business day.

Sellers will not receive an automatic 5 star DSR for Communication if there is any buyer or seller initiated communication related to the transaction in the eBay messaging system or a request for contact information by the buyer or seller.

WTH? So if buyer contacts me about combining shipments/wait a day for my other listing to end, my communication dsr gets dinged??
So I should add to my listings: Do not ask me any questions after you won my auctions. Do not contact me for anything relating to your purchase? Do not msg me with "Thank you very much" etc etc?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-01-2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 17
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I think its saying that if there was communication, the buyer gets to rate you from 1-5 stars like how it is now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2012
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 95
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I read from the forums that auto 5* with no communications.
But if there are any communications, you don't get the 5* anymore. I looked through really fast but i thought i saw some sellers writing that they called CSR, the reps told them, if questioned via Ebay msging, only options are 1-4* for buyers to rate since there must be a problem if buyers have to msg seller.
Not sure if the posts are still there since I saw users complaining that they are getting their posts deleted.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2012
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 95
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
iTrader: (0)
Default

My friend who sells clothings was just chatting with me about the new policies. She's seeing increased SNAD cases once the new policies kicks in, especially now the sellers have to pay for return shipping. Ppl could take off the tags, wear the clothes, then file SNAD, charge shipping to the sellers and get their money back.
Not bad, free and new clothings every 14 days.....
Sigh...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 61,420
Thanks: 4,784
Thanked 7,445 Times in 6,791 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Yeah - more sticks to the sellers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Japschin View Post
WTH? So if buyer contacts me about combining shipments/wait a day for my other listing to end, my communication dsr gets dinged??
So I should add to my listings: Do not ask me any questions after you won my auctions. Do not contact me for anything relating to your purchase? Do not msg me with "Thank you very much" etc etc?
That would be very bad to add and make you appear like an arrogant and rude seller, but I'm sure you were just saying.
I guess the only thing we can do is to communicate everything clearly in the listing description.
Under your shipping policy, say that shipments will be combined; please wait till all your auctions/purchases have ended and I will send you a combined invoice to pay.

Of course, not all buyers read everything but there is nothing we can do about that. We can only try to minimise the communication.

Sighhhhh.......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Japschin View Post
I read from the forums that auto 5* with no communications.
But if there are any communications, you don't get the 5* anymore. I looked through really fast but i thought i saw some sellers writing that they called CSR, the reps told them, if questioned via Ebay msging, only options are 1-4* for buyers to rate since there must be a problem if buyers have to msg seller.
Not sure if the posts are still there since I saw users complaining that they are getting their posts deleted.
Can anyone confirm about the 1-4* ??
It's fair that they get to rate us but its definitely totally unjust that they do not have a 5* option!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 105
Thanks: 43
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I'm not completely understanding this new rule....

A buyer buys from me and chooses a color or size and pays for their item but still sends me a message to tell me the color or size again just to feel a little safer in their own mind.

.....i get penalized?? mmm?

i do allot of custom stuff also....i guess when they ask for something special....i get penalized for that too?

i can just imagine a whole lot of scenario's about this doing nothing but screwing the seller...again...

i guess when that special customer comes along that buys an exceptional lot of items for allot of money ......i get penalized for sending him a "thank you" message? mmm?

something i'm missing here...i got to be missing something.... i hope i'm missing something
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2012
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 264 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

You wont be really penalized, you will just be at the mercy of the buyer as to whether they give you the 5 stars or not.

I have not heard anything about any 1-4 stars only. That person said it wrong I think.

I talked to 4 ppl now at ebay on this and never has anyone said up to 4 stars only.

Thats dumb really but so is the rule though.

I have people asking me which item is best for them etc all the time. Now thats going to suck but I will just have to dance around with ebays stupid rules to please them and then some then hope that I get 5stars for it.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-08-2012
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,139
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,842 Times in 3,342 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (4)
Default

It all boils down to getting screwed by Ebay every way humanly possible. Buyers already have way too much power over sellers. My last 4 items I had International buyers buying when I clearly say No International shipping! Why can't they read the whole damn description? It boggles the mind. Nothing like getting ebay to reverse those fees.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-08-2012
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 264 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I feel that its this:

They probably saw their bottom line this last year after the discounts they gave out were shown to them.

They wanted to dump that discount completely but knew it would lead to complete bashing and backlash on the news and everywhere else that has forums and venting avenues.

To counteract that backlash, they just thought adding more barriers or obstacles to get the discount. More would not be able to meet the long list of rules to get it.

After a few more rule changes and dumb obstacles the number of TSR's with 20% discount will drop in steps and be more gradual. That will save them millions per quarter.


That is my theory. also some analyst on the Fox Business Channel said pretty much the same thing about 3 weeks ago. Just his opinion though too so you never know.
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingRay For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (04-08-2012), NoneOther (04-08-2012)
  #12  
Old 04-08-2012
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,139
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,842 Times in 3,342 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (4)
Default

You might be right KR, what better way to get less people that discount than to make more obstacles to jump over or even try to meet. It's all about the $$$$.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-08-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
It all boils down to getting screwed by Ebay every way humanly possible. Buyers already have way too much power over sellers. My last 4 items I had International buyers buying when I clearly say No International shipping! Why can't they read the whole damn description? It boggles the mind. Nothing like getting ebay to reverse those fees.
People will buy as long as they want to and can.
No use in whatever you write; the only way is to stop them.
I block all buyers whom i don't want to sell/ship to.
There is this option to block buyers in countries you don't ship to.
That solves the problems.

And yes, I estimate that at least 80% of eBay buyers do not read the full description based on their behavior and the qns they ask.
Don't forget that they have a dozen other listings to view and compare.
Photos are the most important to them and that's the only thing that they will scrutinize.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-08-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
I feel that its this:

They probably saw their bottom line this last year after the discounts they gave out were shown to them.

They wanted to dump that discount completely but knew it would lead to complete bashing and backlash on the news and everywhere else that has forums and venting avenues.

To counteract that backlash, they just thought adding more barriers or obstacles to get the discount. More would not be able to meet the long list of rules to get it.

After a few more rule changes and dumb obstacles the number of TSR's with 20% discount will drop in steps and be more gradual. That will save them millions per quarter.


That is my theory. also some analyst on the Fox Business Channel said pretty much the same thing about 3 weeks ago. Just his opinion though too so you never know.
What you're saying makes sense.
But I don't see how this is an obstacle.
Before the new policy, buyers were able to rate us anyway.
Now, buyers are able to rate us only if.
They have less chances to rate us now.
It is an obstacle only if they now are only able to rate us 1-4*, as someone said.
But someone said this is not true.
So the only thing that is significant to getting positive DSR now is whether they can rate us 1-5* or only have options 1-4*.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-08-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
i guess when that special customer comes along that buys an exceptional lot of items for allot of money ......i get penalized for sending him a "thank you" message? mmm?

something i'm missing here...i got to be missing something.... i hope i'm missing something
You can do that and get around all situations where you initiate the communication after the buyer has paid by sending an email to him, instead of using eBay messages.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-08-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
I feel that its this:

They probably saw their bottom line this last year after the discounts they gave out were shown to them.

They wanted to dump that discount completely but knew it would lead to complete bashing and backlash on the news and everywhere else that has forums and venting avenues.

To counteract that backlash, they just thought adding more barriers or obstacles to get the discount. More would not be able to meet the long list of rules to get it.

After a few more rule changes and dumb obstacles the number of TSR's with 20% discount will drop in steps and be more gradual. That will save them millions per quarter.


That is my theory. also some analyst on the Fox Business Channel said pretty much the same thing about 3 weeks ago. Just his opinion though too so you never know.
This also got me thinking about Paypal and the selling restrictions on eb.
Paypal also offers discounts on fees when sellers meet certain monthly sales figures. With the selling restrictions, it makes it harder for sellers to sell more and earn more to meet the sales figures.
Am I thinking too much here?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-09-2012
Sneakee's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 222
Thanks: 16
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
You wont be really penalized, you will just be at the mercy of the buyer as to whether they give you the 5 stars or not.

I have not heard anything about any 1-4 stars only. That person said it wrong I think.

I talked to 4 ppl now at ebay on this and never has anyone said up to 4 stars only.

Thats dumb really but so is the rule though.

I have people asking me which item is best for them etc all the time. Now thats going to suck but I will just have to dance around with ebays stupid rules to please them and then some then hope that I get 5stars for it.
I'm positive that 1-4 star thing is just gossip. That can't be the case.

When does this rule come into effect? I can test it out. I'll buy something cheap from someone and ask a question. Then I'll see if I can leave 5 stars.
__________________
As of now, all my Ebay accounts are not stealth. Any Ebay & Paypal experiences I relay are based off non-stealth accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-17-2012
BubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 367
Thanks: 77
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakee View Post
I'm positive that 1-4 star thing is just gossip. That can't be the case.

When does this rule come into effect? I can test it out. I'll buy something cheap from someone and ask a question. Then I'll see if I can leave 5 stars.
It is supposed to be out already.
"Beginning April".
Good idea. I need to buy something anyway.
I will ask a qn and test too.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-18-2012
Sneakee's Avatar
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 222
Thanks: 16
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleTea View Post
It is supposed to be out already.
"Beginning April".
Good idea. I need to buy something anyway.
I will ask a qn and test too.
It doesn't seem to be out. I had purchased two cheap items. No communication with seller at all.

There was no automatic 5-stars for the communication. Only auto 5 stars for the shipping time since she shipped right away.

Anyone else encounter auto 5 for communication yet?
__________________
As of now, all my Ebay accounts are not stealth. Any Ebay & Paypal experiences I relay are based off non-stealth accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-18-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 75
Thanked 271 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Yeah i havn't seen it yet on mine too, or maybe it's working but i havn't noticed.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-19-2012
Omgoozle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 813
Thanks: 141
Thanked 201 Times in 131 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
It all boils down to getting screwed by Ebay every way humanly possible. Buyers already have way too much power over sellers. My last 4 items I had International buyers buying when I clearly say No International shipping! Why can't they read the whole damn description? It boggles the mind. Nothing like getting ebay to reverse those fees.

There's a box that says "block buyers who reside in countries that I don't ship to."

You need to check that box.
__________________
"There is no peace without war." -Cortex
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-19-2012
KingRay's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,484
Thanks: 173
Thanked 264 Times in 203 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakee View Post
It doesn't seem to be out. I had purchased two cheap items. No communication with seller at all.

There was no automatic 5-stars for the communication. Only auto 5 stars for the shipping time since she shipped right away.

Anyone else encounter auto 5 for communication yet?
Starts in July
__________________
KingRay
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correct Me if I'm Wrong.Open For All Advices and Experiences neolestro Subscriber Discussions 5 08-27-2011 11:38 AM
My paypal name is wrong or correct ajkannan83 PayPal Talk 0 07-17-2010 06:18 AM
communication failure notices with new account serena eBay Discussion! 4 11-03-2008 09:22 PM
Correct me on this if I'm wrong -- about bidding... JackNoMore eBay Suspensions 6 06-18-2007 04:23 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts