Correct me if I am wrong on the communication policy... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-19-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Starts in July
Huh?
Strange, they stated on the UK website "beginning April."
But someone from UK said it hasn't taken effect.
Starts in July is US?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Which would be 12 weeks notice.

Usual time frame .

Let the whining begin
Old 04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Which would be 12 weeks notice.

Usual time frame .

Let the whining begin
Oh, so you mean that if they announce "beginning April", it does not begin in April but only takes effect 12 weeks later??

This is all so strange.
Beginning April should mean beginning April.
Which school did they go to? :>
Old 04-21-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Honestly I just think you guys are reading the announcement incorrectly.

I don't feel like looking it up to find out the exact date. It doesn't really matter. Best to start getting in the habit of not randomly sending a message to your customers now.
Old 04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakee View Post
Honestly I just think you guys are reading the announcement incorrectly.

I don't feel like looking it up to find out the exact date. It doesn't really matter. Best to start getting in the habit of not randomly sending a message to your customers now.
Ok, I found the date and its 29 April on eBay UK site.

You can use email instead of eBay messages.
Email does not affect it as your email box is not linked to eBay in any way.
Old 04-21-2012

Longevity: 78%

I feel like a lot of the new rules going into effect are to combat sellers who sell cheap .01 items alongside XXXX high-end items. They can sell 99 1-cent items and one BS pair of glasses and still have 99% positive feedback and a powerseller rating.

What gets my goat is that a lot of the new requirements are based around adding tracking information. I ship my items in letters, so this is particularly annoying because I know I'll be losing my TRS statuses across the board :(
Old 04-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
I feel like a lot of the new rules going into effect are to combat sellers who sell cheap .01 items alongside XXXX high-end items. They can sell 99 1-cent items and one BS pair of glasses and still have 99% positive feedback and a powerseller rating.

What gets my goat is that a lot of the new requirements are based around adding tracking information. I ship my items in letters, so this is particularly annoying because I know I'll be losing my TRS statuses across the board :(
I feel your pain.
I ship my items without tracking too as the items are not very high cost (still a few dollars in product cost price) and the cost of tracking is not worth it.
If the buyer says he did not receive the item, I just resend a new one or even refund if they ask for it.

I read in "The Online Seller" that some people are rallying for a 3-day seller boycott from 26-28 April against the new policies.
However, there was such a boycott when they made the policy of being unable to leave buyers negative feedback and it did nothing to stop eB.
eB is a big and arrogant shark and they don't care if they lose 30% of sellers.
It only takes one big competitor to beat them and its game over for them.
They have their lucky stars to count that such a competitor has not come up yet, but really, it's only a matter of time.
They are going to run out of luck one day if that's what their business is based on instead of ethics and good customer service.
Old 04-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

They will pro-rate and go backwards 3 months. They will apply in July, however will go back 3 months, so in all reality it has already started.
Old 04-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Dont read it too close. Just go by what it says on your MY EBAY page. It tells you exactly what you need to do to comply and when. It even allows you to change them all at once to make it easy with VERY clear instructions.

some are making it way too complicated. Not going to change it by any boycotts either. Just have to deal with it.

Like I said above. The ONLY real thing that makes sense to anyone I talk to is the money thing. Its costing them too much. Even the guys on the phone that you talk to will agree. ask them when you talk to them on their 4-6 week " policy changes/Information phone calls. I ask them anything I want and they normally just talk away. I said something about the money thing and they just replied with " you are probably right" and pretty much said you "never know with them what is next".

I dont think they are so into the ebay rules either if you ask me. They are just operators.