eBay accounts suspended, what about linked paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-09-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default eBay accounts suspended, what about linked paypal?

Like oh so many on here, i've just had all of my ebay accounts suspended, totally unjustly, and with them refusing to tell me the exact reasons.

I actually gave eBay the account linkages when I had a Vero issue on one, and told them what I was trying to do business wise (Noob or what?)

That was a whole two weeks ago.

However, they don't seem to have touched single paypal account that was linked to those accounts yet, can I expect a takedown?

I know one thing, I will never trust eBay with an open truthfull approach again, if thats how they abuse it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum

Only unjust thing is that you do not understand the reasons. ebay often suspends without the reasons being obvious.

Sort of does not matter about those paypals. If they are associated with suspended ebay accounts they can not go near ebay again.

You need to start again with stealth.
Old 05-10-2012
Threadstarter  

I am starting again with stealth, though I don't want to, everything i'm doing is honest/legal trade, but eBay are forcing my hand.

I'm not sure I agree with your prognosis that eBay must of had a valid reason!

It's already clear that using unreliable techniques such as IP to link ebay accounts must be it's nature create incorrect and unjust account suspensions. Case in point, my son, he just found out all his accounts are blocked because he happened to log into ebay on our house wireless whilst visiting last weekend!
Old 05-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

I gave no prognosis.

I have OBSERVED ebay to take/make actions that are not understood by the party being handicapped.

May be semantics to you. It is not so to me.

What happened that your account(s) no longer are active?

Where or why does VeRo come into the mix?
Old 05-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best. You're in good hands with GB. GB
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
kewlhand (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Vero came in to the mix as that was my first issue with eBay, low price trademarked goods complained about by the brand owner (Without justification I might add), they claimed I had imported them, when they came from a Euro Wholesaler, and were thus perfectly valid to sell in EU, but thats just Proctor and Gamble abusing the VERO system.

Anyway long story short, I discussed it with eBay and they agreed I could relist in modified format (Own photographs, trademark disclaimer etc).

Now I thought that was behind me, but I suspect it weighed in their decision mix when they indefinately suspended a new account I opened two days later, which is what caused all my other accounts to go belly
Old 05-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlhand View Post
I am starting again with stealth, though I don't want to, everything i'm doing is honest/legal trade, but eBay are forcing my hand.

I'm not sure I agree with your prognosis that eBay must of had a valid reason!

It's already clear that using unreliable techniques such as IP to link ebay accounts must be it's nature create incorrect and unjust account suspensions. Case in point, my son, he just found out all his accounts are blocked because he happened to log into ebay on our house wireless whilst visiting last weekend!

Look, MANY,MANY, users here have lost accounts unjustly, and I can GUARANTEE that NO matter how much you, call, scream, beg, fight or whatever they will NOT tell you ANYTHING,,,

Now, I do not know about English law, However I do Know that here in the U.S. you can take legal action against them. If what you were doing was in Fact legal and legitimate you may want to go that route. If you hire a Lawyer to contact their legal department as to why your account was suspended, he WILL find out, and may be able to fix it, the question,,,is it worth the cost????

You can also buy the stealth guide, create a Stealth account and be just as well off,,at almost NO Cost, and with a little Brain Power, you can easily incorporate your Stealth Ebay activities/profits into your Legit everyday business, pay your taxes, and have NO worries from the tax collector,,,,

Seems to me that you have a decision to make,,,,,,,,,,,,
rsot (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Seems to me almost every other post in these forums is just pushing the book 'stealth guide', kind of difficult to believe who is a genuine poster and who is just an alias for the books author.
Been designing IT stuff for 25 years so I doubt the book is going to teach me anything I don't know about controlling your digital footprint. So if it's all the same to you, i'll gleen what else I need from genuine posters.
Old 05-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Not true.

Each poster is an indivudal in their own right.

'We' did not ban you. ebay did.

'We' are however trying to guide you to your best course of action.

Peace & Mungbeans
Old 05-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Seems to me almost every other post in these forums is just pushing the book 'stealth guide', kind of difficult to believe who is a genuine poster and who is just an alias for the books author.
Been designing IT stuff for 25 years so I doubt the book is going to teach me anything I don't know about controlling your digital footprint. So if it's all the same to you, i'll gleen what else I need from genuine posters.
Why so cynical?

Even Master Yoda had to learn from someone.

Good luck and enjoy your research.

Last edited by NoneOther; 05-11-2012 at 07:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (05-14-2012)
Old 05-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

@NoneOther, usually the cynical comments are from folx who just want everything spoonfed.

But the comment about designing IT stuff for 25 years is impressive and I hope I can learn stuff from that.
Old 05-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Fair point but cynical none the less. Not good to cast unfounded aspersions on forum members just after putting your head round the door so to speak.

IT is a very diverse field so what you can learn from him would be dependant on his knowledge being relevant to your needs which remains to be seen.

Many are happy to take from a community with no intention of giving something back.

I'm speaking in general terms here nothing specifically directed at the OP

Last edited by NoneOther; 05-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
rsot (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:

Look here man, Nor I or ANYONE else around here make 1 thin DIME from the sale of that book.

Comming around here and accusing people of hawking a Lousy book is ignorant when considering the fact that its YOU who needs the Help. Most of Us Make More money in a Day than the TOTAL sales of BOTH those books in a Month.

We only refer Users to that book because all of us are TIRED anwsering the same old STUPID Questions,,,the attitude is simple,,NO EXPERIENCED Member here wants to WASTE their time awnsering the SAME BASIC questions all the time.

Do you Know how many times some MORON comes on to the Forum and IMMEDIATLY starts the Thread: "Ebay account suspended,,What do I do Now,,HELP!!!" Why??,,,Because they are too F%ck^ng lazy to search The forum,,,Hell,,there is a search box on the top of the Page and Everything,,,,well if thats your game then buy the F^ck!ng Book and go find your answer in there.

just like the old saying goes:,,,Gas,,Grass,,,or ASS,,,NOBODY rides for Free,,,

Now it is Obvious to me that you think that you are above that,,,but the Truth is that Ebay and Paypal have more tricks than you have hairs on your ass

The ONLY People here who make money with this site are the site owners and Employees, Thats it Case CLOSED.

As for you experience,,,well when you consider that the MOST Relied Upon Tracking methods used by Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, ect, ect, Have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Digital Footprints,,,they use methods like User Profiling and Account information Cross referencing, just to name 2,,,,Here I'll give you a little Nugget This is one of the TOP Cyber security Companies on the PLANET,,,The company Ebay, PAYPAL, Most US Banks, the U.S Goverment, including the CIA, and MANY More use,

Palantir Technologies

Their Systems BARELY Rely on IDing Digital Footprints,,,Know Why,,,Because Countermeasures to consealing digital footprints are ABUNDANT,,,EVERYONE Knows that,,,You do NOT have an EXCLUSIVE on knowledge,,,,,so take those 25 years and stick them where the sun don't shine,,Im quite sure that your 25 Years of IT Experience has that covered as well,,,

It just dawned on me,,,,,,we ought to be comming to YOU for Help,,,,,

Now GLEAN This,,,,,,,,There is NO WAY that Ebay will Reinstate your account,,,,Take it from someone that has tried to get Suspended accounts reinstated more times than you have changed your Drawers,,,,

Ebay does NOT Give a Sh^t what you were selling,,,, or what you think that you are entitled to,,,,,all they know is that for whatever reason your account posed some type of threat to their beloved "Community",,,,, how big of a threat does NOT Matter to them,,,,, Ebay has 0 Tolerence in that respect,,, and you (along with MANY others) were Booted from that community and will NEVER be allowed to return,,,PERIOD,,,,CASE CLOSED,,,,,

There is a SLIGHT Chance that you can force them Legally as I mentioned in my first post above, apart from that your chances at Reinstatement are about the same as you taking a Trip to Mars,,,,,,

By the Way,,,GREAT Job at Making friends Here,,,,,as Likeable as you are,,,You outta run for Office,,,

Last edited by slapped; 05-12-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-14-2012
Threadstarter  

Whooaa, talk about over reaction from what was a fairly minor and yes cynical observation! All you have done is re-enforce my views that not all posters are as they seem, but are just shadow names here to push the book.

Trying to put words in my mouth is childish, I never claimed to be expert on anything, wouldn't be here if I was. I was simply pointing out that many posts on note that the book is for true beginners so (without knowing the contents) I made a reasonable assumption that I didn't need to be taught how to hide my digital footprint, and that other relevant facts I would glean from the community. Happy to help anyone in any way I can with the experience I have, but it sounds like you have every opinion sown up!

So, moving forward, if there is genuine usefull community here then great, I look forward to taking part in it. Whether all posts are genuine and all genuine posts are posted is impossible to know on a BB that insists on moderating every single post. Not trying to make friends or enemies, just making a startling obvious observation.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

You know you are not that cool with that repeated agenda.

You are making silly presumptions.

Forum is entitled to have in place what rules it deems fit.

When you signed on to join you understook to abide by them.
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Slapped is back - true to form - I had my doubts on getting soft but on clearing that ha.