eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   How does ebay link your accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/52473-how-does-ebay-link-your-accounts.html)

mpaca 11-01-2012 03:55 PM

How does ebay link your accounts?

ive recently had an account suspended. I opened an account today new ip, phone number, name, address, email address.. i listed a book but then a few hours later i got the suspension email. How is it possible?

i have however used the same paypal for the billing agreement for the previous suspended account and the new one.

is that enough to block my account? just need to know before i try making another one?

Any other things i may have missed on how they track would be appreciated.

thanks

Batman 11-01-2012 04:01 PM

well you answered your questions yourself.
you made everything new but couldnt be bothered to make a new paypal?

MM78 11-01-2012 04:11 PM

@OP, you should really get the Stealth Book.

mpaca 11-01-2012 04:14 PM

Ok ill give it a try with a new one and new win7 user account. i thought it was a new one. it wasnt until the suspension that i checked and found id used it for a previous one. Also the billing agreement is such a small thing! i didnt even link it properly to either account.

sidebetz 11-01-2012 04:19 PM

maybe you didnīt know but ebay actually owns paypal, so all the information paypal has, ebay will have too.

you really should buy the stealth guide

crafty1 11-01-2012 06:25 PM

Everything needs to be new.

Don't use any old information or you are likely to get linked........:peace:

Futuremogul888 11-01-2012 06:51 PM

Threads like this waste the time of the people that are on this forum for the right reasons. I can tell you first hand that all of Aspkin's Ebooks are very reasonably priced especially Ebay Stealth. If you can't be bothered to purchase it, don't expect the people of this forum to spell it out in a thread for you.

GreenBean 11-01-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpaca (Post 389275)

i have however used the same paypal for the billing agreement for the previous suspended account and the new one.

Any other things i may have missed on how they track would be appreciated.

thanks

Number one reason for suspension is being linked.

Using that old info linked you and killed the new account. :rip:

Do me a small favour?

B4 you list on your next account, post what you have done here.

That way we'll tweak the plan. Will save dramas later.

:juggle:

mpaca 11-03-2012 08:20 AM

Thanks GreenB i really appreciate your help. This is what i plan on doing today.

new mobile number, new bank account for the paypal, new email address for both ebay and paypal account, new name and address/dob, new win7 user account.

I think thats it...?

thanks

mpaca 11-03-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 389341)
Number one reason for suspension is being linked.

Using that old info linked you and killed the new account. :rip:

Do me a small favour?

B4 you list on your next account, post what you have done here.

That way we'll tweak the plan. Will save dramas later.

:juggle:

Oh and new ip address.

rsot 11-04-2012 06:36 AM

quote:

is that enough to block my account? just need to know before i try making another one?

Yes it is enough - cant use ANYTHING old

hudson 11-30-2012 03:44 PM

I have just had my Paypal account suspended and am looking at options. Is it possible to get a Paypal account up and running without moving addresses? I do not have another address that I can use.

NoneOther 12-01-2012 11:09 AM

The address is marked 'bad' by p/p

Any attempt to reuse it will bring scrutiny almost immediately.

Very few have available addresses that can be used right away, time to start thinking outside the box.

BIG word of caution here !! DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO USE FRIENDS OR FAMILY ADDRESSES.

hudson 12-01-2012 04:20 PM

Does p/p then put a "bad" marker on my credit file? If so, that could be defamatory.

They also banned one of my sisters accounts at the same address. Strangely, they left her other one running.

If I cannot use the same address is there anyway I can get an account up and running?

NoneOther 12-01-2012 05:41 PM

No, they do not mark your credit file.

She has been lucky so far but they will get her other account eventually.

Buy the stealth guide and read the forum for answers on how you can get another account up and running.

It's how we all did it.

Good luck

hudson 12-01-2012 06:04 PM

Do they have any right to close my sisters account?

They banned me for having excessive reverals (a joke considering I am entitled to return items under DSR and seller returns policies). These arent even claims!!.

I cannot see how banning my sister is legal. Surely she has nothing to do with my accounts. Can they do that?

GreenBean 12-01-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hudson (Post 397678)
Do they have any right to close my sisters account?

They banned me for having excessive reverals (a joke considering I am entitled to return items under DSR and seller returns policies). These arent even claims!!.

I cannot see how banning my sister is legal. Surely she has nothing to do with my accounts. Can they do that?

When you accepted the use of ebay/paypal by making your accounts, they took the right to do what they want.

They can, they will justify their actions. It is harsh to you. It is a fact of using ebay/paypal.

Start changing your mind set & move on from the shock of what power these companies have. They operate on risk. Somehow, you missed making their standards.

Now, choose to beat them by making stealth accounts .... that's a fun choice

:pop2:

hudson 12-02-2012 06:11 AM

I hear what you are saying but isn't there a way of challenging those terms? In the EU there's legislation about unfair contract terms. Wouldn't that be a possible way of challenging those terms?

NoneOther 12-02-2012 09:55 AM

e/b and p/p are massive international companies who have dedicated legal departments who advise them on their T&C's which are fully compliant and legal for every country the operate in.

Of course you could try to challenge their T&C's in court if you have a few spare millions lying around that you would be prepared to spend on legal costs. :thumb:

hudson 12-07-2012 02:22 PM

Just got the limitation on my account removed. Think I will still report them for their unfair contract terms and breach of EU competition law.

BiN4RY 12-07-2012 02:25 PM

I really don't think that will change anything, but wouldn't hurt to try.

NoneOther 12-07-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hudson (Post 399275)
Just got the limitation on my account removed. Think I will still report them for their unfair contract terms and breach of EU competition law.

Good luck with that.

BTW. I assume you already have sound legal advice that their contract does in fact breach any EU laws?