I have a few questions with setting ebay and paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 07-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default I have a few questions with setting ebay and paypal?

Hi I am new to the forum, I am a UK seller and I had a few questions in setting up an ebay and a paypal account:

Ebay
Telephone no,
From what I can understand this can be done from a call box, using a mobile touch phone, and laptop. Then changing tel no at a later date when account is
set up.

Credit Card details:
Can I can give a prepaid top up card as credit card information, do ebay check the name on the card or just the verification that it works? As now all prepaid top up cards require identification.

Email account:
I have been advised to use a gmail account other than yahoo or hotmail

Bank Account:
Could I open a bank account like smile.co.uk. I would have to use my own name though as I really dont want to commit serious fraud.

Address:
Po Box from royal mail

Right now the Paypal account:

Same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information as above, the only thing I am a little unsure of is if paypal send my bank(whatever that may be) a direct debit agreement.

confirm credit card- 4 digit no from statement- these will be paid into top up credit card.
confirm bank details- 2 small deposits into bank statement- into smile account

I am sure there is much wrong with this method lol and would like your imput. I have scoured this website, but much of the advice is for U.S users.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-30-2008

yea. U.S.A. is all thats covered as mostly this forum is populated by our friends over there. so naturaly they are going to worry more about there accounts. but they have big issues with SSN there, unlike us here in UK , we dont have that problem as SSN is not used here to verifie. the way i see it is phone numbers are an issue here, as paypal can link address with phone numbers. also credit cards are a problem.

your probabaly better off spending a little on the Stealth Book to start with. after reading that you may fall and stumble a few times but . the knowledge you gain will set you straight for a long and trouble free account.

Last edited by badebay; 07-30-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2008
Threadstarter  

From what I understand Opening an entropay account can sought this, as you can check your staements online?
Old 08-28-2008

Longevity: 93%

Entropay virtual credit cards work fine, open an account, register a debit card, which can then be used to fund as many virtual credit cards as you need, and the name you give to paypal or ebay can be anything, doesn't need to match your real name.

Gmail is great for paypal, gmx is also good.

You don't need a PO box, you just need an address, it can be anything as long as it is around the area that you live in, and it actually exists.

You'll need a new bank account, or apparently some savings accounts will also work, but I haven't verified this myself, though forum members do recommend halifax websavers, and barclays savings accounts as being paypal friendly, again open the account in your real name, or go to jail, but when you give paypal your sort code, and account no, the name you give can be whatever you used to register with.

Telephone verification is the current bugbear, although a solution maybe in the offing from forum member, equilibrium.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-02-2008

When use a AVS credit card for verify Ebay in USA, this could avoid any future address or phone verification?
Old 09-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrav View Post
When use a AVS credit card for verify Ebay in USA, this could avoid any future address or phone verification?
I don't know about the US, but in the UK to fully verify a paypal account, you need to verify your credit card, complete phone verification and add a bank account, once you have done all this, you are fully verified and don't need to repeat those same steps again.
Old 09-04-2008

Longevity: 90%

If you use just any address anywhere near to you location. How does it work when you purchase something and it gets posted to that address?

Also if you have a suspended ebay account and that is linked to paypal. If you successfully open a new ebay account can you still use your original paypal account?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2008

mitch, if you have any plans on receiving anything, you have to have access to the address.
Quote:
6. New Address (Virtual Address or P.O Box)

Quick and dirty, you need a new address. You can't use your old address linked to another eBay account. So use either a P.O. Box or a Virtual Address if you're expecting people to mail payments. Or an address of a neighbor that you know isn't on eBay or a vacant house if you're just doing online payments. The main thing is the address should be real, and within 50-100 miles of your physical location. If you're in San Antonio, Texas don't list your address in New York somewhere. That could screw you over later on.
2008 EBay Suspension Guide (Basic Step-by-Step)

Using a PayPal/eBay account that has been linked to a suspended PayPal/eBay account will get you immediately suspended.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.
Old 09-05-2008

You can use a friend or relatives address or your work address to register a new ebay account, another method is before BIN or bidding for an item to message the seller and ask them if you will ship to a different address as you're away from home etc.

As for the paypal account, no your old paypal account cannot be used with your new ebay account, your need to open a new paypal account using the exact same information with which you opened your new ebay account.

Also it is a good idea to buy the Stealth Book, it really is a sound investment.
Old 11-15-2008

Longevity: 89%

Hi digitaliz
I know this thread is a couple of months old but just wanted to ask you a quick question rgarding paypal phone verification. I have read through the forum and just a little unclear now. You say that one of the difficulties for us here in the uk is to get verified on paypal by phone as they can trace number to address. So for example if i was to use the payphone method then would i have to put the payphone address down on my ebay&paypal account or is it ok to use a address within like a 5 mile radius?

cheers
Old 11-19-2008

hi to all,,

I am also just about to create a new account and here is what i have

1. I am going to be using my sisters name and address and also will use her phone number too..

2. i have changed to 3 network dongle with a new computer

3. opened new bank account, The bank account is in my own name will this be o.k if i put her name and address but my new bank account sort code and acc number?

Do i need much more before i set out to create account

many thanks
Old 11-21-2008

HI
The bank account will be fine as paypal only see the sort code and account number. You will however need to get a virtual card on your sisters name and address..even better just use your sisters card to verify herself its gonna be all legit. Looks like your set to go buddy.
Old 11-21-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairah View Post
HI
The bank account will be fine as paypal only see the sort code and account number. You will however need to get a virtual card on your sisters name and address..even better just use your sisters card to verify herself its gonna be all legit. Looks like your set to go buddy.
she wont let me use her card , so i will have to get virtual card which is best any ideas?

so why will i need my new bank account and then also a virtual card?

thanks
Old 11-22-2008

[quote]she wont let me use her card , so i will have to get virtual card which is best any ideas?

thanks[quote/]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok for your virtual card use entropay. You will need to load it with £10 then you can change the name on the virtual card to your sisters.

The reason your gonna need a credit card along with a bank account is because paypal want verification of who you are and where you live. As mentioned before with your bank details paypal only see your account number and sort code nothing else so this doesnt give enough verification. However with a credit card they use a address checker and it will need to match in order for the transaction to go through. So the credit card give paypal the required confirmation of who you are.
hope this helps
Old 11-22-2008

[QUOTE=sairah;66355]
Quote:
she wont let me use her card , so i will have to get virtual card which is best any ideas?

thanks[quote/]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok for your virtual card use entropay. You will need to load it with £10 then you can change the name on the virtual card to your sisters.

The reason your gonna need a credit card along with a bank account is because paypal want verification of who you are and where you live. As mentioned before with your bank details paypal only see your account number and sort code nothing else so this doesnt give enough verification. However with a credit card they use a address checker and it will need to match in order for the transaction to go through. So the credit card give paypal the required confirmation of who you are.
hope this helps
o.k i have now set up my entropay account , will i have to wait until i change name and address to my sisters or will i be o.k to do it right away?

also do i just go to where it says moved house and do it that way

many thanks for this help just a few steps away now (i hope)
Old 11-22-2008

[QUOTE=BITSNBOBS83;66383]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairah View Post

o.k i have now set up my entropay account , will i have to wait until i change name and address to my sisters or will i be o.k to do it right away?

also do i just go to where it says moved house and do it that way

many thanks for this help just a few steps away now (i hope)

Ok the whole idea about the card verification is to make sure the address' match so yes you will need to change the address. I have sent you a pm on how i done this.

I waited a couple of days before using the entropay account as i read somewhere on the forum you should allow the new card to register. Dont know if this is true or not, but better safe then sorry hay?

you should find the address change under settings or yes move house.

hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to GREMLIN For This Useful Post:
BITSNBOBS83 (11-22-2008)