Help - 7 days to save my seller account! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Help - 7 days to save my seller account!

Wow, I wish I had stumbled across this site years ago!!

I have about 7 days left to save my account and was frantically Googling last night for some way of helping myself and came across these forums …. Let me outline my problem:

I have been trading on eBay for 4 years, during which time I have got 400+ feedbacks (100% positive). I then received three negatives in a week or two and received an email from eBay telling me “We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been restricted from buying or selling on eBay because it is in breach of our Seller Non-Performance policy” and giving me 30 days after which “If your account standing has not improved (i.e. you haven't resolved disputes, and completed any open transactions), your account will be indefinitely suspended.” This was about 3 weeks ago.

So, why the negatives? One was because I was taken ill and it took 10 days for me to send a parcel. The other two were because the goods ordered from me were actually to be sent out by a third party (a holiday company) and the company did not deliver. Despite getting refunds they left negatives.

I have had a few positive feedbacks since the 30-day suspension but I am worried that these will not be enough to stop me being suspended at the end of the 30 days. There are no open disputes on the account and I’m at a loss as to what more I can do to “improve my account standing”.

Has anyone any ideas?

Secondly, I have a second sellers account (same name and address, different alias on same email – ie jim@whatever.freeserve.co.uk on one account and joe@whatever.freeserve.co.uk on the other) and I access them both from the same laptop.

At the moment I am having no problems with this other account but is there a danger they might spot that these accounts are linked and suspend the second one also?

Thanks in advance …
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

your other accounts will get linked and suspended. I would suggest creating a new account in the mean time by using the Stealth Book. That is how I got back on and stayed on. It DOES work! I would create a new account and then after you do that try and keep your main account before it gets suspended. I would keep in contact with ebay to try and save that account.
Old 09-04-2008

You might want to contact Modee for one-on-one tech support to see if it's possible to restore your current account.

If you want a high-level overview of what you should do to correctly create new Fleebay/PP accounts, check this out.

If you want more detail, I seriously recommend you purchase the eBay Stealth ebook.
Old 09-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks to you both, much appreciated. Yes, I thought trhey'd probably link the other account - just surprised they haven't done so already!

Unless I can save this sellers' account I'll have to go back to the drawing board with new accounts (greak link by the way Quasi) but this is my least favourite option simply because of the hundreds of feedbacks I received over several years.

I have just bought the Stealth Book - sounds incredible - and would really like to go for the 1-2-1 support but just don't have the funds at the moment; losing this account for the last 3 weeks has crippled me financially!!

Any other ideas welcome!
Old 09-05-2008

Longevity: 93%

If your DSR has not improved significantly then there is a chance you will be suspended, there was a time before the new feedback system where you could involve squaretrade to have unfair feedback removed, however they don't offer this service anymore.
Old 09-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Digitaliz. The annoying thing is my DSR rating is pretty good (average 4.6) because I've had so many positives before this brief spate of negatives. I've had about 8 (seller) positives and a few (buyer) positives since my suspension but it's difficult to improve your DSRs when you're not allowed to trade!

Unfortunately, during the suspension period, one of those who has left a negative has now reported the matter to "eBay trust and safety" which probably won't help.

I'm a little puzzled as to why my other account, which from all I've read in recent days must be linked (same IP, tel, address, name etc) is (so far) still up and running 26 days after the main account was suspended for 30 days. I'm guessing that if and when that suspension is made permanant then they will look for linked accounts?

Just wish I could afford tech support!

Last edited by pward33; 09-06-2008 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Pward:
If the items are expensive, If "ME" --I'd offer a refund, or partial refund to get that buyers positive fb..
Cant they email ebay nowadays and ask to have their neg reversed??
Old 09-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Hmm ... I was under the impression that once you have left a negative you cannot remove it under any circumstances - I will have to search the eBay forums to see whether my understanding on this point is correct. If you are right, ebayhateluv, this could be a way forward for one of the three negatives at least (the other two have had refunds but I guess they can be contacted and offered a freebie in exchange for withdrawal....) Thanks.

I will check the eBay forums but meanwhile does anyone have any concrete info on whether negatives can be removed?
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hi:
You see- I havent encountered any negs under the new rules (thank goodness)-
but i gotta believe that if s buyer leaves fb for a wrong seller--what do they do? they surely cant let it be??
Old 09-06-2008

Longevity: 93%

I suppose you could go complain to ebay but I sincerely doubt if ebay would do anything, you would probably get a generic reply back saying this does not constitute feedback abuse.

Last edited by Modee; 09-06-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2008
Threadstarter  

For future reference I can confirm that you CAN remove negative feedback you have left, this is very useful to know so thanks a million for thinking of this.

That said, in this case Modee has pleasantly surprised me with a quote for taking on my case so I am leaving it in his more than capable hands!
Old 09-07-2008

I'm glad he is able to help you. Kudos, again, to Modee.
Old 09-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Default Cheers Modee

Yes, Yes, YES!!

Up and running again, all threats to my account removed.

Thanks to all who offered advice and in particular to Modee for his enthusiastic support (even though, on one uncharacteristic occasion, he did keep me waiting for nearly an hour for a reply to an email :D:D)

These forums ROCK!!!!!