Few questions and a quick check before the jump! :D - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Thumbs up Few questions and a quick check before the jump! :D

Hi guys, great forum!.

I fell victim to the dsr's (with a big 8 year old account, brutal..), and had a second half arsed stealth account closed recently due to having the account linked after calling and asking about account limits (silly, but I hadn't taken any real precautions, it was a matter of time anyway). So tis time to start over; only this time it's personal! .

Basically, so far I've sorted out a laptop (fresh windows install etc), dongle and data plan (so new IP/MAC), I've started a new basic bank account (yorkshire bank readycash), and I have an address that I can use for the accounts (pp/ebay) and returns, which is about 20 miles away from my known location.

Now, I have a few questions and wondered if anyone could shed any light.

Basically I'd like to be a little careful this time around, and keep this account going for as long as possible. My main concerns here are the paypal verification/confirmation issues. If possible I'd like to use my new bank account/debit card for both, and avoid using vcc.
The address I'll be using belongs to my step father (different name etc obviously), and I can happily tell the bank that I've changed address, and have that as my new address, which should solve the verification/debit issues (I think?). But I'll have to use my own name I would imagine, as I'll be using it for withdrawal, and in place of a vcc to verify my addy/AVS etc. Now, my name's not that common. With a bit of research it turns out there's only 88 of me's in the UK. But I'm figuring that's enough, given the distance between the addresses. Would that be ok do you think?.

Other than that, obviously I'm using a different email addy, new paypal/ebay, new bank acc/debit card, new ip and machine, new location, and I'll be paying attention to what I'm selling whilst building the account up, and the level of paypal activity.

So really I suppose I'm just wondering whether switching my bank account address over to the new location will suffice for confirmation (s/code and acc number) and my debit details (the debit card for that acc).
Obviously if I've changed the addy with the bank, ebay/pp shouldn't spot any irregularities with the debits etc. And I can change my name slightly in the ebay/pp registration. Miss out my middle name, or use an initial, and shorten my first name.

Does that sound like a go?.

Cheers :D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Few questions and a quick check before the jump! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderingminstrel View Post
Hi guys, great forum!.

I fell victim to the dsr's (with a big 8 year old account, brutal..), and had a second half arsed stealth account closed recently due to having the account linked after calling and asking about account limits (silly, but I hadn't taken any real precautions, it was a matter of time anyway). So tis time to start over; only this time it's personal! .

Basically, so far I've sorted out a laptop (fresh windows install etc), dongle and data plan (so new IP/MAC), I've started a new basic bank account (yorkshire bank readycash), and I have an address that I can use for the accounts (pp/ebay) and returns, which is about 20 miles away from my known location. [/quote If you read the forum you will note we advise to avoid calling into ebay. That way you avoid flagging your account.

[quote[Now, I have a few questions and wondered if anyone could shed any light.

Basically I'd like to be a little careful this time around, and keep this account going for as long as possible. My main concerns here are the paypal verification/confirmation issues. If possible I'd like to use my new bank account/debit card for both, and avoid using vcc.
. Not a sensible move to use the bank issued card. Fails the AVS. If you use entropay, you solve that problem at once. paypals need to be verified ( with a bank account) and address confirmed with a vcc. (So VCC is needed)
Quote:
The address I'll be using belongs to my step father (different name etc obviously), and I can happily tell the bank that I've changed address, and have that as my new address, which should solve the verification/debit issues (I think?). But I'll have to use my own name I would imagine, as I'll be using it for withdrawal, and in place of a vcc to verify my addy/AVS etc. Now, my name's not that common.
You do not need to tell the bank you changed address. You must get a new bank account with sort code & account number to start with stealth. I already commented on the debit card.

Quote:
With a bit of research it turns out there's only 88 of me's in the UK. But I'm figuring that's enough, given the distance between the addresses. Would that be ok do you think?.
Nope, ebay are really antsy if they ever need to manually review your account. We recommend to have a different name to appear a new you.

Quote:
Other than that, obviously I'm using a different email addy, new paypal/ebay, new bank acc/debit card, new ip and machine, new location, and I'll be paying attention to what I'm selling whilst building the account up, and the level of paypal activity.
Part of the package to start in stealth. Nice one.

Quote:
So really I suppose I'm just wondering whether switching my bank account address over to the new location will suffice for confirmation (s/code and acc number) and my debit details (the debit card for that acc).
Obviously if I've changed the addy with the bank, ebay/pp shouldn't spot any irregularities with the debits etc. And I can change my name slightly in the ebay/pp registration. Miss out my middle name, or use an initial, and shorten my first name.

Does that sound like a go?.

Cheers :D
As I explained, you can avoid the hassles with the bank, changes of address by getting a new bank account & VCC. Avoid doing name variations too. You could get detected. Be a new person.
ilcarletto (04-03-2014), zagy123 (04-14-2014)